Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 27 roadster on deuce rails

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by PINEAPPLE, Nov 22, 2014.

1. 270bob

270bob

Nice car! Here are some pictures of mine. I built this one in 1996. Rebuilding the motor for it now. Maybe you have seen it, since I used to live just north of Denver? Keep up the good work. 20200208_100836.jpeg 20200208_100934.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

thanks! fellas for all the kind words and support.

Stogy and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  3. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

Hey Tim, I will take a couple pics this afternoon. Hopefully have a post later tonight. I think the wheelbase is 103" but I will doublecheck for you today. The lights! crazy huh. He brought em over months before, I just threw em on the shelf. Had to force my hand on that one. Ha. They are so right though. I resolve to be a better listener.. maybe.

Stogy and Tim like this.
  4. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

Bob that is a badass T roadster! I may have seen it in the past? 96' is when I got this body, I was 24 at the time, although I have been in denver and into this stuff since i was very young. Killer car, I hope to see you out there. Cheers buddy!

Stogy, 26 T Ford RPU and 270bob like this.
  5. 270bob

270bob

Thanks! It would be cool to get our cars together.
    Sent from my SM-G960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy and PINEAPPLE like this.
  6. micshotrodgarage

micshotrodgarage
    from colorado

Pineapple, Good to catch up with your build again. I'll be checking in more. Keep up the good work.

Mike

7. 53 effie

53 effie

So you added about an inch to your lower windshield.. I was thinking about doing the exact same thing on mine.. so much for an "original" thought!!

8. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

Thanks Mike! Hope your project is progressing well.

Stogy likes this.
  9. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

This type of hot rod building has been around for so long, there is hardly an original idea. Only different compilations of original inspirations. Build it your way... All these cars have so many differences, no matter how close in certain parameters. Cheers buddy!

53 effie and Stogy like this.
  10. River City

River City

11. Looking great Matt! I really like the transmission and master cylinder covers. Excellent!

I've looked through here and tried to find the specs, but if you gave them I couldn't find it. What width is the rear end you are running?

12. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

Thanks very much! I dont know on the rear end.. I need to measure wheelbase for someone as well. I will post that info.. I need to get back out there in the next couple days.

Stogy, Jrs50 and Tim like this.
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Almost roadster weather!

Stogy likes this.
  14. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

Tim, I have not forgotten about your questions and the pics of the hammerforms.. I will post that stuff this week.. I am going to try hard to drive this thing this summer even if it is not painted. Because roadster weather.

Stogy, Jrs50 and Tim like this.
  15. Rustridden31

Rustridden31
    from Denver, CO

Dang Matt great build! You are a talented dude. It was great to meet you today at Bert’s. I’m subscribed to your build, outstanding work!

16. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

Thanks very much Fess! Very nice to meet you as well. I look forward to seeing your coupe on the road. I suppose I need to update this build thread. Apolgies to @Tim for not ever answering your questions. I have much more done, although I'm not certain I took enough pictures.

Stogy, Tim and Rustridden31 like this.
  17. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Dong

PINEAPPLE and Stogy like this.
  18. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

So I am going to update my thread here a bit. The order and pictures may be a bit scattered as I have not kept good record of anything. I have gotten a fair amount of work done. I've posted some of this to instagram. I'm growing weary with that with the new format and all the ads though. Anyhow, here's some pics. Windshield glass installed, some interior shots, I have changed the steering wheel to a model t wheel that an old timer friend flattend and polished up. The little donut thing is piece I made to surround the mast jacket-which is an 8ba oil fill tube-the donut bolts through the dash and has an o-ring in the ID to keep it all insulated from rattles. I've got my switch and button assortment figured out and installed.

Attached Files:

bct, rjgideon, Shadow Creek and 8 others like this.
  19. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

I'm using my old key switch from my 50 pickup, 2 pole starter button and some weird old light switch I found on ebay. I sectioned a yankee turn signal unit down to fit the confines as well. Here's a couple shots of my tack strip. I was originally going to make it, but I'm not much of a wood worker. I ordered this thinking it was going to be a nice steam bent piece. It showed up in a little box. A bunch of pieces that didnt fit for shit, so I threw it under the bench in disgust. I eventually dug it back out and shaped all the pieces to fit together, stained it and screwed it on. More to come in a bit. Dinner time.

Attached Files:

20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks great

21. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

Thanks @Tim , I will still get the wheelbase and hammer form pics for you. The car is blown pretty far apart at the moment. I am in the middle of assembling the rear axle/torque tube with new bearings races etc. The front end is off as well, around 10 weeks ago, I dropped the hairpins,batwings,draglink,tie rod and headlight bar off at Quality Plating for chrome. They are in Yuma Colorado, about 2 hours from Denver if anyone around here is into that. They told me 10-12 weeks, so I'm getting pretty excited. Model T roadsters have this big ugly stud that sticks out of the body for the top iron to pivot on. Later roadsters have a tab sticking up through the 1/4 that is a touch more svelte (hoop i splet thay rite) . Here is a series of photos of converting the 1/4 to a model A style top iron pivot. I milled A little hammer form thing, hammered it in, then milled a slot for the tab. I used another door skin to patch one or both 1/4's , cant remember, then welded it all in. It was a real pain in the ass. Not sure it was worth it because I'm not certain it will have a top and it makes a tonneau cover more tricky for the hole in it. Shown in one of the photos is an original model A tab and one I made to copy it.

Attached Files:

Lil'Alb, brEad, Shadow Creek and 7 others like this.
  22. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

trying to find photos of the finished tabs on the car.

Stogy likes this.
  23. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

I will have to take some shots of the finished part on that. I met Mike Moore at RPM nationals a couple years ago, I got on the list for onme of his quick change center sections. I got that back in the mail a while ago. I think I was #36 on his list. I'm hecka stoked for this, although I'm going to test out my slip in axle conversion rear end first, if it works then I will machine this carrier for slip in axles.

Attached Files:

brEad, Shadow Creek, OFT and 7 others like this.
  24. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

These few pics are of my throttle pedal assembly, new return spring on a 33-34 pedal with brass bushies made from hex stock for the pivots.

Attached Files:

Lil'Alb, Shadow Creek, OFT and 6 others like this.
  25. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

I found this gas filler many years ago.. Cant remeber where, but it seems like it was waiting for this project. I wanted to put it on the catwalk (I know, WTF is a catwalk) panel, but it was curved etc. I made a plate with the bolt pattern and the outside profile offset 3/16 or so. Bolted it in and lightly hammered it for a while , till it had a flat landing, I will make a rubber gasket for it to mount.

Attached Files:

Lil'Alb, brEad, Shadow Creek and 6 others like this.
  26. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

Here's a couple bustle shots to close out the evening.

Attached Files:

Atwater Mike, Lil'Alb, brEad and 11 others like this.
  27. Willows

Willows

lovely update mate, and as usual amazing work! its gettin close....

28. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Hell of an update! Looks great man. Keep it up and keep us posted!

OFT, Stogy and PINEAPPLE like this.
  29. uncle buck

uncle buck

I recognize that quick change. Mike is a great guy and only builds 2-3 of them a year. I am lucky enough to have #35. He is a very talented machinist and does an excellent job on these. I see he shipped yours to you, but I was lucky enough to pick mine up and meet him along with see his shop and collection. He had just started on yours and showed me how me does them on it. Very cool indeed.

brEad, Stogy, PINEAPPLE and 1 other person like this.
  30. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Awesome build and great craftsmanship . Love the machine work with the tooling and fixtures old school cool!

Stogy, PINEAPPLE and uncle buck like this.