Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1929 Franklin

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Wayne Kinne, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Wayne Kinne

Wayne Kinne

This was a birthday present for my wife. We went to purchase a 1926 Model T and the guy had just purchased this Franklin. My wife fell in love, with the Franklin, not the guy
    We told him if he were to ever sell it please call us first. About one year later he called on a Friday afternoon, we were at his garage at 8am the next day with a car hauler trailer, it was an eight hour drive.

It is as sweet on the inside as she is out.

1929 Franklin.jpg

2. nobrakesneeded

nobrakesneeded

good looking car. previously restored in the late 80s?

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  3. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Love the "non-mainstream" cars.
    Marcus...

tr_rodder likes this.
  4. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

Those engines are so cool...

5. jaracer

jaracer

Great looking car. Were they still using air cooled engines in '29?

6. Glenn Thoreson

Glenn Thoreson
    from SW Wyoming

Air cooled engine. Surprisingly, The last one I was interested in seemed to be under priced. I looked it up and found it wasn't. I guess the price on these just isn't up to what one would expect for some reason. I assume you bought the car. Can you tell us what the price was. Curious.

VANDENPLAS and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. noboD

noboD

I looked at one yesterday. The interior is massive compared to most old cars.

VANDENPLAS and 5window like this.
  8. 5window

5window

Someplace local?

9. A buddy of mine had one a few years ago (I think it was a 1926). The frame rails were wood and yes, the thing was massive. It was in beautiful condition, but he was never able to get it running correctly. Practically had to give the darn thing away to get it out of his garage.

chryslerfan55 and 5window like this.
  10. CHRIS 57

CHRIS 57
    from Upstate NY

I am from Syracuse, home of the Franklin factory. My former boss owned a 1928 12B that I rebuilt the motor in. The updraft carbs on those were very finicky, not to mention expensive and hard to find. We found NOS Zenith updraft carbs for the military Powerwagons are nearly a direct fit for less than a 10th the price. Only mods are the air cleaner and the throttle arm. Once that was done the car started on the second revolution of the motor and ran smoother than most modern engines. Very cool cars as long as the wood is in good shape, frame sag and body sag is very common.