Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects INDIANA WANTS ME!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bandit Billy, Feb 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

You had me at PIZZA!

2. No, sometimes people breakdown or just need a vehicle taken somewhere and the truck guy is usually speeding and the load vehicle plate in the speed camera pic gets processed rather than the truck. Sometimes it’s a tollway. Doesn’t happen often, but it happens.

Stogy and Bandit Billy like this.
  3. Sounds like a potential new scam .
    Send a warning letter and then wait for the scared driver to send in money .
    I get phone calls from all over,,,,,always a con .
    This new AI thing will almost convince anyone .

Tommy

loudbang, Stogy and Budget36 like this.
  4. I wish you good luck in getting anything sorted out with the Illinois tollway. I used to live in Illinois, and used the tollway on a daily basis. I started getting unpaid toll notices. When I called them, they said they had cancelled my ipass, and that I was using a stolen ipass. Seems they had somehow merged my account with some other random person, and that person noticed my vehicle on their account, and reported it. The tollway buffoons had screwed up both accounts so badly, that they couldn’t figure out how to fix it. They finally had to cancel EVERYTHING and make me apply for a new account. When I asked how they would fix the other account, they said they would wait for them to start racking up violations and call in. As I said...good luck.

Stogy, loudbang and Bandit Billy like this.
  5. X-cpe

X-cpe

Read in the newspaper a few years ago about a senior prank at a local high school. They took a photo the principle's tag and made a paper copy, put it on the back of a similar car and went out on few nights and blew through several speed cameras. Principle said it took a good chunk of time to straighten it out.

6. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Billy, tell them your name is C. W. McCall, and as I remember he was somewhere near Chi Town. This quote from the song lyrics , I says, "Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck
    "We just ain't a-gonna pay no toll".

7. Mimilan

Mimilan

Like this.....
    upload_2022-2-12_15-14-1.png

Hnstray, 427 sleeper, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  8. That is exactly the kind of thing.

427 sleeper, Stogy and Bandit Billy like this.
  9. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Swing down this way. I'm up for a road trip to Illinois to find these morons...

loudbang and Bandit Billy like this.
  10. So…..what’s the Indiana connection?

loudbang and Bandit Billy like this.
  11. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Was the dark of the moon on the sixth of June
    In a Kenworth pullin' logs
    Cab-over Pete with a reefer on
    And a Jimmy haulin' hogs

12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

None :cool: Like I said in post #1, I didn't know any catchy Illinois lyrics to make my thread more enticing to the passing HAMBist. I could have gone with "Come on feel the Illinois" but that felt a bit contrived and forced. :cool:

13. LOL, I read it twice and missed that both times. I was drawn in by my experience in Indiana. I got stuck at an entrance to the interstate in the middle of the night. Toll gate that wouldn’t open and nothing around but a few cows. After about a half hour holding my easy pass in front of the sensor it finally opened. I’m sure a camera was on me and someone some where in a cubical was having a good laugh.

14. Illinois Central Monday morning rail.

wraymen and Bandit Billy like this.
  15. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Billie36 Dealing with ANY DMV is much more like a visit to the proctologist than the dentist!!!

16. Deuces

Deuces

That song brings back memories... Good old AM song...:)

17. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey @Bandit Billy
    This reminds me of a great old Steven Wright joke.
    " I decided to leave and go to California, so I headed to the highway and began hitching. With in three minutes, I got picked up by one of those huge trailer trucks carrying 20 brand new cars. I climbed up the side of the cab and opened the door. The driver said, I don't have much room up here, why don't you get into one of the cars on the trailer. So I did. And the driver was really into picking up people, because he picked up 19 more. We all had our own cars. Then he went 90 miles an hour, and we all got speeding tickets"

Grin !

55 Buick Century (2).JPG

18. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah...

Red lights flashing all around me
    Dear love, looks like they found me

Glad you got it straightened out, Billy.

Give up
    This is the police
    You're surrounded...

loudbang, Deuces and Bandit Billy like this.
  19. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Yep, looks like you've felt the Ill Noise.

[​IMG]

20. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You made me google that one X. Nice pull. I looked through the book online. I have only been to the windy city a few times. My company is HQ'd in Lake Forest, used to be in Gurney. So I have been back there a few times in my life. NEVER IN THE LAST YEAR you pricks at the toll authority. And never driving! The one thing I remember most about the cars in Chi Town was the salt all over the sides. They all looked the same color. My boss had a brand new Benz S Class, I honestly have no color it was supposed to be. Harsh conditions, those.

loudbang likes this.
  21. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

My daughter lives near Austin Texas now. Still has Iowa plates. She takes the toll way often as she has never gotten a bill yet. Maybe somebody else is getting the bill and on some website with the same problem. Been down there a few times as well with other vehicles on Texas toll ways and also have never gotten a bill. Do they give a pass to out of staters. The tool way buy Austin is enjoyable, because the speed limit is 85. Billy, be thankful they aren`t wanted by the Law for something more serious. Soo, if you get pulled over and they say get out and put your hands up. Do it with caution. And do it slow and steady. Had a friend report his truck was stolen. Then remembered where he put it when he was out drinking. The cop on the phone said the same thing to him when he told them the story. Get out of your vehicle so and easy with your hands up in the air.

Bandit Billy and loudbang like this.
  22. Now you need to find the song;)

Bandit Billy likes this.
  23. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Illinois - very early Fogelberg....Google it.
    "My mind goes running
    Three thousand miles east (a shade farther than your 2124)
    I may miss the harvest
    But I won't miss the feast
    And it looks like you're gonna have to see me again
    And it looks like you're gonna have to see me again
    Illinois, oh, Illinois,
    I'm your boy"

24. wicarnut

wicarnut

I wish you luck, dealing with government agencies is always a F story from my experience. Many moons ago my car was stolen, the police found it parked illegally after checking stolen car list when writing 5th parking ticket, I had to pay parking tickets, could/would not dismiss them, was happy to get car back undamaged, kids ? ran it out of gas.

25. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

This happens every day in the USA! It , or things similar have happened to me and mine. Usually , once the paper work is provided to the right people, it usually goes away. But you need to send them a copy of your title, resgestration , a picture of your car, with the tag, and you holding a currant newspaper! This is how we did it in the ice ages, might be different , today!

Bones

26. 5window

5window

I hope this gets settled. A couple of years ago, I stopped at a hardware store in a little town in Ireland and tried to buy a one of the old license pates he had in the window. The guy says he can make me a new one-any number I like. I asked if he could duplicate the plate on the car I'd been driving all around? Fifteen minutes later and $10 and I had an exact copy, now on my wall. How that's legal, I don't know.

27. bobd1976

bobd1976
    from Illinois

"Just got home from Illinois, lock the front door, oh boy!"

X-cpe, 427 sleeper, alanp561 and 4 others like this.
  28. fuzzface

fuzzface

Years ago I got a parking ticket mailed to me from Milwaukee County. I live in Jefferson County (2 counties over). . Trying to rack my brain about why I was there. Looked up the date and it corresponded with me working down the road at my dad's business.

Then it hit me that date when it was issued. I didn't own the car yet. Called them on the phone but they wouldn't do anything about it. I had to go down there in person and show them the date my title was issued and my dmv paperwork. They wouldn't accept copies mailed to them, I had to go down there.

Once they saw that, the ticket went bye bye. Good thing because the original $5 parking ticket was gathering lots of interest for not being paid for many months. it was over $100 when I got that letter about it and they were going to pull my license if it wasn't paid soon. Also glad it was just 2 counties over instead of cross state or country.

5window, Bandit Billy and loudbang like this.
  29. two couped up

two couped up
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from pa.

Here in Pa. they started ez-pass, and toll by plate, let all the cash toll employees go and now there is millions of dollars of unpaid tolls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.