Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JOHN KOVAR AKA HOT ROD JOHN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Del Clark, Feb 4, 2022.

1. reagen

reagen

HE DIED a couple years ago , I used to see him once week or so at Rudys hardware in cleve, ohio

2. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch. Thanks for sharing. What do you do to ease the pain?

I try to recall having been through worse. ( first marriage, personal injuries, health etc. )

A co-worker set me straight one day when he said "you can't win every time".
    So the pain lingers, but I do recall many wins.

chryslerfan55 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  3. Well, he sounds like he was a helluva guy. If it's the same guy that everybody is talking about that stole from them, it couldn't have happened to a better guy.

4. Sure would be nice if the OP would chime in and add some more details :rolleyes:o_O

5. this is a sad deal, I'd think for that kind of $ someone could make those garnish out of some other garnish to look rite, and have $ left over..

RMR&C likes this.

6. 96CF09C1-361F-4068-81DB-81FA63F4FE43.gif

That made me laugh more then it should have HAHAHAHA :D

7. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

By saying John Kovar was one helluva guy, are you referring to the man himself or the place that he is currently residing at?

8. williebill

williebill

I've known a few guys in my life that I couldn't trust after they died anymore than I could trust them when they were still alive. Dying doesn't change a thing with some people. Relatives, too.

9. So, is this person still stealing and scamming from beyond the grave? Or......

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Graverobber!

11. 5window

5window

Smith's Law famously states "In the universe, all things being equal,you lose".

12. Again I need a sarcasm sign. Sounds like a criminal that needed his teeth kicked out.

13. OOOH. I love a good felonious necromancy story. Do go on, please. :D

14. Dennis D

Dennis D

Yep, at least when I send money to my kids, I know I ain't gonna get any back:D

15. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

The only John Kovar that passed in 2019 was a Dr. in Florida and no John Kolvrood in 2019, according to Google search of obits, legacy, etc. - that I could find (but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not out there). So, unless his family planted him in the backyard.......or maybe @Mac VP remembers his post on the subject? Either way, moot point now, because some Stu Padasso is still out there thieving.
    On a side note: The OP hasn't chimed back in to say how the transaction took place. Ebay, Model A Trader, response from a seller to a "want to buy" ad?

16. reagen

reagen

john died end of story , I think the bottle got the best of john , if you know john when he got home he never close he's car door just got out and walk in the house ,Don't know the reason LOL

Irish Mike likes this.
  17. ........o_O:confused:

18. So either a dead man scammed the OP o_O, someone posing as a dead man scammed the OPo_O or this scam actually happened several years ago, before the scammer passed and the OP is just getting around to warning us :rolleyes: OR ... the OP is warning us from his own grave :eek:, to be aware of being scammed once we too join the afterlife ... :confused:

I don't think it's the end of the story it just appears the story ends here :mad: (at least until the OP decides a more detailed explanation would be relevant to this story).

Here's a warning from me ... I stepped in a puddle that was a LOT deeper than it looked, keep an eye out for it and if you spot it, walk around it :rolleyes: You are very welcome ;)

19. 55blacktie

55blacktie

I use American Express whenever possible. The few times I've had a purchase go bad, Amex took care of it. PayPal also accepts Amex.

AHotRod likes this.
  20. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

He's probably alive and reading this thread saying......suckers...... under his breathe. lol

kadillackid, Guy Patterson and blowby like this.
  21. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Why has the OP not come back here to tell us if this was a Hamb transaction? if it was we need to know so the offender can be banned

22. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh crap...John is my real name, Jack is a nickname for John...but I swear, it's NOT me, Honest.

Also, I'm not dead;)

23. Whoa... Wait a minute! Could it be that Jonh Kovar and D.B. Cooper are one and the same???
    Curious minds want to know!
    Actually, if this IS a current deal, it could be John Jr. Sometimes the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

24. 5window

5window

Maybe he's dead?

Beanscoot likes this.
  25. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

Had a similar deal in Texas years ago. the father was retired law enforcement the son was anti-law enforcement an the mixup was on

mad mikey likes this.
  26. Probably so he could make a faster getaway.

borntoloze and mad mikey like this.
  27. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

His sidekick went by the handle “plain Jane” maybe she still follows the same business model.

he got me one time on a 78 case. It wasn’t worth the shipping, I just chalked it up to experience

chryslerfan55 and 427 sleeper like this.
  28. He sure had a pretty car. Saw this in 2 threads I watch today IMG_0146.jpeg IMG_0145.jpeg

chryslerfan55 and 49ratfink like this.
  29. I had known john Kovar ( kolvoord ) when my partner, Russ Schaller (R.I.P. ) and I owned and operated " The Ford Store " in Manchester, Connecticut in the early 1970's. John owned the V-8 Shop, and was one of our suppliers. John made 1933-1934 ford running boards 1933-1934 ford cowl light arms, 1934 ford grills, as well as many other products., primarily for 1933-134 Fords, as these years were his favorites. His products were always top quality. I think that after his divorce from Ginny, who later married Barry Lobeck, John's outlook on life changed. There are other things that John may, or may not have been involved in. I last saw John at Hershey several years ago, and he was still very outspoken, and mouthy, although he did not look very healthy. He was a scoundrel, but he produced quality products, the exceptions were his early ford transmission products.

30. I bought some products from John over the years. Nothing recently. Never had any issues. Who knows if it’s the same guy??