Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alliance Tags, Coker, Etc...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Treacherous!!...Cuidado!!:)

hotrodjack33 and Joe Blow like this.
  2. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Cold weather? A hotrodder has gotta adapt......
    Screenshot 2022-02-03 11.18.24 AM.png

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  3. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Colder than the nose of a curled up armadillo !

Joe Blow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. mgermca

mgermca

Geez, stop yer whinin', it's February! LOL When I visited the Roundup and beautiful Austin a couple of years ago there was still snow on the ground here when I left and when I came back. That was in April for those who don't know.

5. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I broke down and installed a serious heater in my garage a couple years ago. It changed my winter-time life. Was much easier than convincing my wife we should move south. IMG_3424.JPG

6. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Yeah, there's a bunch of late models in front of your place!

alanp561 likes this.
  7. spanners

spanners

Cold down here as well. It dropped to 26 (78 Fahrenheit):D

Lil 32 and 30 Buford like this.
  8. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’m stuck in New England, born and raised here Winters are time for Building stuff in my garage ,Summers are great and there are lots of nice roads when you head into NH not far from me. We got 2 Feet of Snow last Friday after I shoveled all of the soft snow piles out of my backyard left from the previous snow storm so I could move some toy’s around the last above freezing day we had , but didn’t move them fast enough before that last 2 feet . That was a Waste of Time ! But good news when I went out in the end of the Ice Storm today My Alliance Plaque had arrived ! And it’s Nice Thanks Ryan it was a pleasant surprise . , B

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    NoSurf likes this.
  9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I live in Michigan and even I can't stand the winter.
    "It's so beautiful."
    Yeah... in an uncomfortable dangerous kind of way.

Good heads up on the tires. 2021 sucked extra here. Starting to do better now. Gonna try to continue with the roadster project. I need wheels and tires for mock-up. And as a faithful investment. Inspiration, even. Maybe...

First,
    Sandy used to send in my membership fee. One of her many gifts to me. I haven't been a red-letter paying member since I lost her. Time to change that. Make another tag, boss. Check's in the mail. Thanks, man.

Stay safe and warm.

alanp561 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  10. Glenn Thoreson

Glenn Thoreson
    from SW Wyoming

Man up, you guys. It's been below zero every night for a month here with highs in the single digits above zero. It's the price we pay for peace and quiet with no crime.

Attached Files:

alanp561, lostmind and loudbang like this.
  11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

My wife is from Wisconsin or as the locals call it Wiscoldasin.
    The land of cheese, ice fishing and snow blowers and snowmobiles in every driveway.
    It's the Brandy "Old Fashioneds" that get them through winter (and the Packers' losing).

oliver westlund likes this.
  12. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmm...I think I counted 14 HAMBers that ARE NOT alliance members, commenting on a thread about the Alliance:(.

Blue One and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got my Alliance tag a couple of months ago...thank you!

As for the cold weather we have officially had it. The house sale goes live Monday a.m. and we have a house rented in Venice, FL., until we find something she likes. I've sold the '37 Chevy coupe and the '55 Chevy and we're keeping the '54 Dodge pickup project.

For a lot of years the missus wanted to be near the grandchildren. Now, she opines that if they wish to see her they can come south.

14. HOTRODNORSKIE

HOTRODNORSKIE
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW you guys have a week of cold every couple of years or so and the sky is falling. Try living in that shit for 9 months a year.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  15. Rand Man

Rand Man

@hotrodjack33 I’ve probably bought about ten times the Alliance tags that you have, but I see mine is expired. Thanks for reminding me. I’m a thoughtless ass. Please forgive.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  16. In Minnesota, a good ol' fashioned game of hockey, will get the blood pumping, You're actually sweating by the time you hit the ice house. Then, you go back to a heated garage, & get some hot rod activity done. Already limbered up from chasing after a puck, & dodging high sticking.

17. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. jhexide

jhexide
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cold too here in eastern PA,but it warms up...!
    Got my tag as well,
    Thanks Ryan.....!

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  19. Just paid to become an alliance member… don’t really contribute anything to the HAMB, least I can do. HAMB is something I look forward to reading everyday, way more than any magazines that I have subscribed to in the past. The talent that posts on the pages of HAMB is out of this world! Thank you.

alanp561, 41 GMC K-18 and 51504bat like this.
  20. BJR

BJR

What a bunch of pussies! Having grown up in Minnesota and moved to Wisconsin you learn to deal with the weather. You can always put on more cloths to deal with the cold, you can only take off so many to deal with the heat. Plus we have a good reason to drink during the day.

Ned Ludd and theHIGHLANDER like this.
  21. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

recieved my alliance tag, thank you. Now if they can just fix my back so I can get back out to the garage, though it
    did mean I did not have to shovel the driveway this past winter thanks to a great neighbor.

22. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back when I was driving truck out of west Michigan, if I happened to be anywhere in Texas when it was "under freezing - even for a day", I hated my life, I hated Texas and I hated everyone in that god forsaken state :mad:. If you can't drive in it, stay home :mad:. If you think you can drive in it, YOU CAN'T, so stay home :mad:. There, rant over :).

The_Cat_Of_Ages likes this.
  23. we go out and slide our beaters in parking lots... or else we'd go just as crazy!

LOST ANGEL and alanp561 like this.
  24. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

We're just moving into winter, and it's about time! My wife and I are both winter people, one of the many things we found we had in common back when we were getting to know each other. I took her up to Tulbagh a few years ago to see all of 2" of snow.

We keep our windows open all year round. We don't have any heating in the apartment, apart from two cats. Our electricity bill actually drops in winter, due to being able to sleep without several fans going.

Sure, it's a warm climate, but Cape Town has a whole other character in winter, a truer one to my mind, all morning fog and fish smells, which the tourists never get to experience.

alanp561 and BJR like this.