Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alliance Tags, Coker, Etc...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Alliance Tags, Coker, Etc...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Snow is getting deeper on the southwest side of Kansas City, and the weather geeks say we're in for some nipple-cracking temperatures the next couple of days. Stay warm out there folks! Weatherman Panic Practice.jpg

3. NoSurf

NoSurf

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both listed for sale locally (not mine). Take your pick. Forecast says a mere 13" for Thurs/Fri.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't understand how people do it in the North... We have crazy mild winters in Austin and even those make me re-evaluate my life's decisions. When it gets under freezing - even for a day - I hate my life, I hate Texas, and I hate everyone in this god forsaken place.

5. it's easy. I am of Scot/Norwegian heritage. We were born cold! Just take up skiing, boarding, winter cycling or ice climbing. Warms you up real fast and there is lots of cool gear to go broke on!

6. Bluedot

Bluedot

I grew up in CT, had a paper route (Hartford Courant) in the late 50s, sometimes delivering papers in knee-deep snow. Learned to hate it. Now I live in OK, and there's just enough winter here to remind me how much I despise snow and being cold. Been lucky last coupla winters, didn't use the snow shovel at all. That's gonna change tomorrow morning - looks like this puny little 76 yr old is gonna be shoveling 4-8".
    47 days until Spring!

7. I was born in Iowa. My dad got us out of there as quick as he could.

8. Rand Man

Rand Man

What was the news about Coker besides a sale?

Ryan,
    The state patrol recommends you stock up on one gallon of milk, one dozen eggs, and one loaf of bread, for every two degrees drop in temperature. Toilet paper, you can double that. Hope you have enough.

9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

ha ha ha. cold weather....man up!

IMG_9285.JPG

10. NoSurf

NoSurf

Exactly T. There is so much to do in the winter here! Plus there is ALOT less tourists/seasonal residents. Hotrod stuff is all indoors working on projects in heated spaces.

Tman, Thor1 and Jeff Norwell like this.
  11. D type

D type
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Everyone likes to make jokes about people in warmer climates being humorously incompetent in driving in winter conditions. However having lived in places with real winter and snow, and warmer places like Vancouver Island, I've found road conditions way more treacherous in the warmer places when it does get cold.
    Roads get icy instead of snowy, a far more dangerous condition.

13. 52lomofo

52lomofo

-31 this morning on the way to work nice and brisk

NoSurf, Bearcat_V8 and Thor1 like this.
  14. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. 61spit

61spit
    from Iowa

Spring is coming. We can see the deer moving around. ATT00001.jpg

16. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

^^^damn, you beat me to it. I was just looking for that picture on my computer!

Jungle Jalopy likes this.
  17. lowrd

lowrd

Hating winter more today than ever. Slipped on the Icy steps, screwed up my shoulder and ribs upon landing. PT will be required for 6-8 weeks says the doctor. S**t!

18. Winter, snow, cold, high electric bills, freezing your ass off, all suck monkey nuts. I question why I put up with this every year, and yet, here i am. I couldn't imagine living anywhere worse than this. Did I mention that I hate winter?

19. Rand Man

Rand Man

I feel for ya. I destroyed my knee in our only ice storm, this time a year ago. That stuff takes a while to heal. Get well soon.

lowrd and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  20. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was born and raised in the hot, dusty, hell hole of the Atwater, Winton, Merced area, of the San Joaquin Valley, in California.
    Spent time in San Antonio Texas during the Dental Tech School training, at Fort Sam Houston, great city, unbelievable heat and humidity in the summer time.

I was stationed at Fort Sill in Lawton Oklahoma, bad snow and blizzards and tornadoes, and high humidity in the summer as well.

Settled down in Seattle in 1979, we get a bit of rain now and then, super mild winters. I can handle the rain and overcast a lot easier than the bitter cold and heat of other regions of the Continental United States.
    Thanks for the update on the Coker tires !
    old house Lawton (2).jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Just make sure your addy is correct here:

Preferences

22. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You might know I just bought a set of Cokers 2 weeks ago. Oh well.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, Boss!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  24. Yep, thanks! I moved like 5 years ago and apparently never had a reason to update my address. :D

winduptoy likes this.
  25. belair

belair

I hope my palm trees don't die.

alanp561, LOST ANGEL and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  26. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Don't mind winters up here. Have a nice warm shop.
    Slipped on the ice this afternoon and did a face plant on the concrete apron.
    8 stitches later it was back in the shop to get stuff done. Snow,subzero temps and stitches. Can't beat that for fun!

NoSurf, tractorguy and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  27. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Yeah we had snow today and it was so bad that it almost covered the grass! Up here we like to over react. We get maybe 3-5 snow days a year at best. I believe Seattle gets more snow. But if it’s cold I can always get warmer by adding a sweater or heavier coat. When it’s hot I can’t always get less warm. And I know that I’ll get all the heat I need when I die...

alanp561 likes this.
  28. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey @Ryan ,
    Those Alliance tags look like they're a little costly and a real pain in the ass to make and mail. To be quite honest, although they are appreciated, I have one on my firewall and don't really need a new one every year.
    I suggest that on he Alliance sign-up page, you should have 1 of 3 choices (box to check);
    1) An Alliance tag.
    2) A HAMB decal.
    3) I don't need nuthin' .

I'm sure a lot of HAMBers would like to make your life a little easier:)

I for one, am an Alliance Member because it's the RIGHT THING to do...not for more stuff;):cool: Just a thought:D.

29. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe when you get caught up and warm up a bit, maybe think about another tag topper run? Just a thought.

alanp561, MMM1693 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If I go outside today, something has gone horribly wrong.

6DDBA295-8081-4A8F-BF87-5E7E787C0B9C.jpeg