Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Hotrod daddy.com

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jasper234, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Jasper234

Jasper234

Has anyone ever dealt with a site called Hotrod daddy.com?

they have a parts store online that advertises some nice patina cast parts. My wife bought something as a surprise Xmas present for me, and nothing turned up. She chased and contact emails bounce back.

mid let it pass, but it’s my wife that seems to have been scammed, and if the knowledge helps someone else, then good stuff

AB Normal and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Sporty45

Sporty45

If she paid with credit card, then contact them and see what they can do for you

I just googled their phone number and it comes up as a junkyard! 909-595-4995

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  3. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Area code 909 is the area code for San Bernardino, CA and the surrounding areas.

4. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have an address?

5. 5window

5window

Okay, so a dumb name, no email address on their webpage, no street address or PO Box available . Photos look like
    downloads from someplace else. Might be legit and I'm a cynical old guy, but without more information, wouldn't send them a dime. hope you get your stuff.

The phone number links to here: https://www.mapquest.com/us/california/otb-gear-23976611

6. -Brent-

-Brent-

mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. 5window

5window

RIGHT. One wonders,then,why the secrecy and lack of response.

8. -Brent-

-Brent-

Poorly built, novice e-comm site. Even the site it's connected to has issues/friction that would hinder sales.

9. 5window

5window

Nothing hinders sales like failing to respond to potential customers that have sent you money! :)

mad mikey, NoRust and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. indyjps

indyjps

From their end the sale is done - money received. Hope it works out.

11. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

https://sbcountyda.org/consumer-protection-unit/
    The San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Consumer Protection Unit is part of the specialized prosecutions division. In order to fully evaluate, investigate, and prosecute these types of crimes, the unit is comprised of deputy district attorneys, investigators, and paralegals focusing primarily on protecting consumers and legitimate businesses from fraudulent and/or unfair business practices. The goal of this unit is to protect the residents of San Bernardino County from unscrupulous business practices and “scams”.

mad mikey, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. twenty8

twenty8

Never, ever buy from a site that does not have a "contact us" page that gives all their info. BIG RED FLAG.
    If they aren't prepared to let me know exactly who they are, it smells fishy from the start and I wouldn't send them a single red cent. Get the guys in the post above onto their ass. If they are scamming, they deserve no mercy.............:mad::mad::mad:

13. So if the search done by @BRENT comes out to OTBGEAR and no mention about " hotroddaddy " then there are a few options , one is HRD is a complete fake or HRD is a employee at OTB and selling their stuff on the side , under the counter. Time to contact OTB.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  14. Budget36

Budget36

I wonder if they’ll assist a resident from the UK?

15. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Good work men.

16. Any business with "daddy" in the name... expect a spanking...

17. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

18. 5window

5window

I'm pretty sure the FBI has more on its plate than a missing Christmas present. Sadly.

19. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

From my past experience in IN years ago.
    I asked the local cops to investigate something similar.
    They chose not to investigate, so I reported their lack of action to the FBI, boy did that get them moving.
    Seems the law in some towns is just too incestuos with their electors etc...

20. 5window

5window

Good idea, but the OP is in the United Kingdom

21. 1935ply

1935ply
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from peyton,co
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Don't know about the Daddy.com thing, it's probably a scam. But I bought finned air cleaners from otbgear about a 1 1/2 years ago and they are a great prouduct. It was a family business, I would keep trying to get a hold of them. I wonder if they are sick maybe? Their website has all the contact info.

chryslerfan55, fauj and lurker mick like this.
  22. 1935ply

1935ply
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from peyton,co
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

fauj likes this.
  23. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

buddy bought guide headlight socket/ bolt repair kit from otb a week ago, stuff looked great...
    he had no problems...

lurker mick likes this.
  24. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I was in Australia...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  25. twenty8

twenty8

You sure about that.??? Law enforcement down here is not an elected gig. We have the Australian Federal Police, and then each of the states runs their own police force that does the lot, right down to small country towns. Not a single community elected "sheriff" in the entire country.

5window likes this.
  26. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I was in Australia, the crime was being committed in the USA.
    I think you miss read my comment or I wrote up ambiguously.
    Needless to say, I did specify that I contacted the FBI and I dont know there is any FBI in Australia...

Banana Benders...

chryslerfan55 and twenty8 like this.
  27. 5window

5window

28. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dispute the charge with your payment provider and have done with it (credit card or paypal). If you were asked to pay via any other means, that was a red flag.

5window likes this.
  29. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Interesting, hotroddaddy.com looks to sell basically the same products as OTB Gear, but unpolished, and less expensive. I'd say there's a connection between them. The website for OTB Gear looks like a professional business, and comments above note good quality items. Also, this place is in Walnut, CA; that's in LA County, not San Berdo. So if you're gonna contact the officials, go to LA County Sheriff's, not San Bernardino County. This place is about 20 minutes away from me. Hell, I'll go there just to check out the store.

@Jasper234 if you can't get any resolution via the OTB Gear contact info, PM me the details and I'll go over there and try to talk to them in person about it. I have a feeling they're a legit company and probably good guys, just having a bit of a communication problem. We can get to the bottom of this.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  30. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My guess is the "patina" parts sold by hotroddaddy are seconds that OTB doesn't want to sell on their main website. But that's just a guess.

Blues4U likes this.