Register now to get rid of these ads!

It's Official,..... I've gone over the edge

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way

It seems I can't stop myself anymore,... I bought another one, I was talking with a old guy at our county fair and the conversation came around to cars
    ( dosen't it always ) anyway he tells me he has a 56 Ford Custom line, that ain't any good cause the guy he got it from changed the engine and put a tilt wheel in it,......... he has had it for like 10 or 15 years and had to move it out of the barn this spring to make room to work on his 8N.

So I go there today and I don't see a 56 Ford,... it's a "57 Ford Custom 300", at first glance it looked like a real flaming turd,.... the closer I looked the better it got, He said he would sell it for what he paid for it when he bought it:D. I have always liked the 1957 Custom 300 the best, so has my Brother,... so I think I will pass this along his way,........

Anyway, they are still out there and really cheap some times,.... and BTW all the glass and NOS seals are in his barn.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This small block Ford and C-4 looked like it might have been gone through before it was installed,...........

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

nice score !!! the more we buy the less they be crushed!!!my wifes is affraid what would happen if we were to win the lotto!!!id never stop buyin...EVER!!!:eek: ;) you got the grill too???

3. If you don't mind me asking, what'd you give for it? ( I'll probably regret asking, I hate when guys say "$50".)

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

Yep !, and the headlight buckets,rings, all the custom 300 trim, some NOS stuff,...... I don't have any pictures, but for an extra 50 bannana's he sold me a 1934 Ford chassis with front and rear suspension that used to be a hay wagon when he was young,........ ( I will let you know what becomes of it, But he told me they rolled the body off of it into the woods back in the 40's
    and if it's still there I can have it,.... he didn't remember what body style it was:D:D:D:D,.... I will keep you posted)

5. SEE! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! YOU SUCK!!!:D

6. Harms Way

Harms Way

$50 Bucks !,.............

Nah,.... just kidding, I had to step all the way up to $500.00 for this puppy,
    But if my Brother want's it, he will get it for even money.
    yeah I know I got ripped off at $500. but what the heck !:rolleyes:

7. you didn't do bad at all. That's probably something that would go for a grand around here. Nice score!

8. Nice score... both of them. :rolleyes: :D

BTW, what is the best way to tell what "model" a 57 Ford is? A buddy at work is cleaning out his father in laws barn and there's a running, driving 57 Ford, 6 cyl/3 speed, with "alot" of holes in the side for trim. Is there an easy way to tell a Victoria from a Custom?

Thanks.

PS, I got a 32 Buick front axle out of a scrap pile at the farm too. I can remember the wagon it was under. The worst part is there was a full early (I think 40) Ford chassis in the weeds too, engine and all, but I didn't have anywhere to put it at the time the farm got sold and cleaned up.:(

Jay

9. Harms Way

Harms Way

The Custom 300 has the "Hockey Stick" trim on the side with the gold filler pannel
    [​IMG]

The Custom and Customline trim was much less elaborate
    [​IMG]

10. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Remember - its a sickness and theres no cure!!

11. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

Automotive OCD. I suffer from this.

12. It's amazing how many of those old chassis are still around disguised as old wagons... And yer still a rotten bastard for findin it first....:D Wish you luck on the body!