Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 331 Cadillac to ford 3speed/od (1951) flywheel help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 562roadster, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Jessie J.

Jessie J.

1950s speed secret. Cadillac manual transmissions FIT Cadillac (or other) engines and are hell for strong.

2. smiley458

smiley458

Thankfully you guys have saved me a lot of time and grief. I have a bunch of antique stuff including quite a few old hot rod parts I accumulated back in the '50s and '60's. I contacted American Pickers and they were supposed to come not once but twice and stood me up both times. They didn't even bother to contact me I had to phone them a couple weeks before they were supposed to show up then they said well we can't do it this time we'll make it the next trip. The second time they stopped in Little Falls, 10 miles from my house which totally ticked me off because I had done a lot of work photographing, pulling stuff out of corners and taking stuff out of lofts.
    I built quite a few rods and customs back then using only olds and caddy engines, until I put a Chevy 283 in my Jag XK120 Roadster in 1960. Included In the car stuff is a complete adapter flywheel and clutch setup That I thought was for 49 to 64 Olds and Caddy to 32 to 48 Ford transmission. But thanks to you guys, I now see there's a lot more to it than that. It appears that I have the olds small flywheel 145 tooth and believe it was out of a 51 olds but that was over 60 years ago I took it out so not 100% sure. I'll try to post some pictures for verification.
    When I get time to put the stuff together I'll go ahead and post it in here so you guys that are still building will get first shot because although I bought and sold a lot of stuff there, I don't like eBay anymore anyhow.
    Thank you all
    Smiley458

Attached Files: