Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What would you do for a hobby of cars were outlawed?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Jan 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have more than 2 motorcycles..

Roothawg likes this.
  2. 1pickup

1pickup

So, to answer the question, instead of trying to be a comedian (and failing) or acting like a tough guy like some of the other answers, just look left <<<. Keep playing music (which I already do) & probably do more repurposing of old stuff. My master bathroom has a vanity made from an old wooden barrel, & a med cabinet made from an old wooden box. I've built a lamp from a carburetor & some old chrome pieces (with key switch on/off). Basement bath has a mirror made from an SBC to Flathead adaptor, a vanity light from a Hemi valve cover, corner shelves made from license plates, & the sink/vanity was a parts washer. It's still getting creative with car parts.

3. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Perhaps this would have gone over better as a 'what are your other hobbies besides hotrods' thread?

Guy Patterson, squirrel, K13 and 2 others like this.
  4. I guess I would have to spend more time on all the house projects that need done.

2OLD2FAST and Roothawg like this.
  5. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I don't talk about this hardly ever !
    Maybe should not now!

I had thought about it,in the 1950s when seeing a few badly built an very poor looking jalopys.
    Thinking too my self;; If Joe Blow Public sees too much of those death traps,he'll be wanting to vote to have them outlawed!!

Woundered why anyone would do that or even think there pile was finished ? I'm talking about seeing one or two heaps,that would get turned away from the indoor car shows. I loved going too shows,an by 1959,I was putting my own shiny hot rod in them vs just going .

Fast forward too todays crap called Rat Rods,that now are very real threat for outlaw of all home built cars*=Most that would vote for outlaw-ing of all home built cars,don't know much about Nuts & Bolts an can't tell how to see good from the bad,lumps us all together.

We're lucky so far. God bless us all.

The37Kid likes this.
  6. I have lots of other interests and hobbies. Having only one is boring.

wraymen and 210superair like this.
  7. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I would sit behind the wheel and make car noises.

8. RmK57

RmK57

9. Anderson

Anderson

I guess taking the question as “what would you do if you aren’t allowed to build cars anymore”, my answer is woodworking.

If it literally became a fuel issue, well you’re not going to fit a lot of battery in a hiboy roadster. I would be content with buying all the then very affordable cars and building them to my liking and parking them in my stable.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    Automotive Stud likes this.
  10. jerry rigged

jerry rigged

That's pretty much what I do now. I don't know if I will ever finish my project in my lifetime!:confused:

11. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Talk about trying to steer a thread towards closure ....wow

Deuces and Tman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.