Register now to get rid of these ads!

Small update on the Buick roadster..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodDrummer, Aug 23, 2006.

1. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

Well, it's late and I'm about to go, just thought I would show you guy's a few pictures.

Figured out wheel base today, and where the frt. axle's goin', it'll end up around 112"-113" wheelbase.. seperated almost 50/50 frt. to rear...around three iches longer in front then back (from cowl forward and c-piller back)...

Anyway, I've been sitting here typing the few words I have typed for almost half an hour now and honestly i coundn't type fast enough, thoughts of getting this thing done and driving....and the daunting tasks that I have yet to do....

I'm going to try and sleep for a bit...

Attached Files:

2. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

I do love the lines on that body -

3. 30roadster

30roadster

gorgeous frame! keep those updates coming!

4. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

Yeah, I'm pretty geeked about the whole thing, could hardly fall a sleep the last few weeks....I think you can get to a point where you just end up over thinking giving the potential to over do and possibly never finishing a project...

I can't let that happen here, luckily I have some people around me to help pull me from the clouds when I get over whelmed or I over think/engineer things...

By saturday, I hope to have the frame tied together, with the front crossmember done and the front frame area finished..Saturday is body work day and by the end of next week I hope to have the perimeter frame finished and the rails boxed. Then I'll decide what to do about the exhaust...

until then, Thanks for looking and have fun at the drags.

HRD:cool:

5. 62 wagon

62 wagon
    from DETROIT

Your working your ass off and it's paying off, looks great matt
    Give me a call when you need some help:D

Chris

6. It's looking good, I can't wait to ponder the details.
    Where did you get that track nose???

7. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

Hey Tyler, Thanks...

The track nose came off a channeled 3-window that was built in Flint in 1952... Doc Gage built it.

I'm taking a break while I let some welds cool off, so I snapped a few pictures..

I got the frt. crossmember welded in today, I still need to gusset the day lights out of it, but I think it's looking good...I welded the crossmember in a 3 degrees, right now the frame is at zero and I plan to have 3 degrees of rake in the car. With the crossmember welded in at three with the frame at zero, when it is at "ride hieght" the crossmember will be at zero. I'll be using adj. spring perches to adjust the caster, leaving the spring vertical allowing for better spring travel thus a nicer ride.

Oh. spring on top of V8-60 axle.

So far tonight I've whacked the extra frame section off the front and swept the rear of the "Z" into the frame on one rail, and started to blend the "Z" into the side rail after a deep root pass with the tig.

Okay, the rail should be cool enough to go weld on some more.

Later,
    HRD:cool:

Attached Files:

8. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

That motherfuckers smooth like a Gravy Sandwich!! I feel you on the over thinking over engineering angle, I sit around alot and over think shit!!!

9. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

I plan on pie cutting the cowl to bring the nose of it down...
    The goal is to have a full hood and I think pie cutting or even sectioning the cowl completely, may give the hood a better line...with the grill ya know...

10. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

I'm ready....:cool: