Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The FBI's Most Wanted Custom Car Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Jan 26, 2022.

1. theman440

theman440
    from Las Vegas

Cool story . . .

2. goldmountain

goldmountain

Next question. Who stole Bill Cushenbery's Silhoette?

Sancho and Moriarity like this.
  3. Michael Ottavi

Michael Ottavi

And I thought stealing a coupe hubcaps in my youth made me a hot rod hoodlum...... my favorite post ever.

4. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

These guys, are the real deal, totally professional not fuckin around hoodlums!

real hoodlums.JPG

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Is there a Ponch in the bunch?

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for sharing - terrific stories & info

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man great post followed by a great thread!

8. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Goodwin promoted the first stadium motocross events before hooking up with Mickey Thompson. Met him at the first LA coliseum motocross event and counted my fingers after shaking hands with him. There were rumors that he was scamming Thompson and he was the first person I thought of when I heard Mickey and his wife were shot. If it weren’t for the persistent actions of Mickey’s sister Coleen, Goodwin might have walked.

Tman, Sancho, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.
  9. Sancho, egads, 41 GMC K-18 and 3 others like this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

Interesting history from the article:

The fins were swiped from a Studebaker Hawk, while the taillights were created by Bob Hirohata Who's own merc caused a big ruckus this month when it was sold. :)

11. My youngest son and I saw the Aztec at Barry Mazza's house in New Jersey after we left an Englishtown swap meet. I don't remember why we went to Barry's house, but we remember the Aztec.

Sancho likes this.
  12. In that article it mentions being repainted several times. Does anybody have any pictures of the Aztec after it was repainted, I assume different colors? Or any photos of it when it was in rough shape after a drug bust, before it's restoration?

Sancho likes this.
  13. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Apparently Albert had taste. Other decision making skills(?), maybe not so much.

14. longhorizon

longhorizon

You can tell a lot about a man by the car he drives. (But we all know that.)

15. Karrera

Karrera

Albert Nussbaum was an interesting character - he eventually became the caretaker for author Philip Marlowe after his release from prison. I should have taken the opportunity to correspond with him when he was still alive but we didn't have this internet thing back then.

https://murder-mayhem.com/albert-nussbaum

Dean's Porsche is back in Los Angeles where it belongs - I sold it in 2018. The new owner is taking it to shows and has gotten articles published in Speed & Kulture magazine and Octane magazine recently. I correspond with him regularly and keep telling to take it to the hot rod shows out there. I owned the car for 47 years and did my best to restore back to exactly as it was when Dean rolled it out of George's shop back in 1957.

I got to visit Dean at his shop on Cahuenga a number of times and we got together at Amelia Island in 2009 and 2011. He asked me when he could have his car back several times. He was very proud of his Porsche and it meant a lot to him that I had restored back to how he built it originally. I treasure the time I got to spend with Dean Jeffries and I was proud to call him a friend.

Speed & Kulture cover.jpg

flyin-t and lurker mick like this.