Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spacetruck poser 2.0 updates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frizby, May 31, 2006.

1. RustyCoupe215

RustyCoupe215
    from Owings, MD

Hey guys,

Just my .02 cents, both yours and Plowboys trucks are awesome! Funny though that plowboy's right that the idea isnt new its just "refined" throughout the years. I mean hell all of us with coupes just copied eachother then huh??? Naw I've always wanted to do the exact same concept with a 40s cab and either a 58-60 Chevy rear or (various fins) or a 60s Olds or even that odd buick with the weird lantern lights, cant think of the name!!! Well mabye that'll be my next project!!!

2. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

I plan on taking it to the pileup, but I still have alot of work to do and it's sneaking up on me fast. I'll take it running or not, but I'd rather drive it. Maybe in primer for Detroit? I've had about 10 deadlines and missed them all, I really want to take it to Bowling Green next year so maybe then as a reasonable goal? Fair warning to all who like this style of build, this is some hard shit, there are so many cool combos out there, I never get tired of seeing them. Thanks for the response, I've never had a buning envelope on my thread whatever that means. Also I whacked it hard today, like four times, I hope you are all satisfied! Friz

3. Frizby, I love what you're doing! It looks so good. I would copy it if I had some talent, but I don't, so I'm gonna live vicariously through you and "CHET". Keep up the good work!

(even if you don't use the CHET box, it should still be called CHET.) Just my 2 cents.

4. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

I'm thinking roadster pickup with peices of the chet bed, something super corny, maybe next. I also have the 61 thunderbird that is calling for some work maybe a lunar lander style with more style!!! It'll be hard to beat though!!! Just go buy some junk and chop it up, I was also thinking about a 58-59 chevy truck cab with model a cab proportions, but who knows I gotta finish one first.

5. That's never stopped me, before, but that's probably why I have nothing finished!:D

6. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

CHET from Weird Science

[​IMG]

Edit: if you are going to run that bed... it needs a cut down diamond plate bumper with a tow ball.

7. Plowboy

Plowboy

Heath has been doing really well on his truck. He is actaully at the same place on his as I was 3 years ago with the spacetruck. The spacetruck made it to the second HCPU and was about a week away from running just like Heath's truck may be. ha ha ha

he has only been working on this since last August and I think he has done rather well for himself in a year. Of course there are my weekly "so what did you get done?" visits. I am pretty ruthless when it comes to shaming people into doing stuff instead of talking about it.

8. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Paint it green and call it The Snot Rocket...

9. Gigantor

Gigantor

the "Abomination"
    the "Fabulous Freak"
    the "Thingamajig"
    the "Whatchamacallit"
    Whatever you call it, it's very cool.

10. Appleseed

Appleseed

Hell, just go through all the old NASA rocket names. Theres bound to be a good one. But, I really think you might be stuck with CHET.

11. boozoo

boozoo

Crap! :mad: When I saw the thread title, I thought it was going be more about that hot blonde that was posing next to the Lunar Lander at the Road Rocket Rumble! :D Talk about dashing my hopes....

Nice mockup, by the way!

12. The Poncho rear and call it Punknik!

13. bills model a

bills model a
    BANNED

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So how about an update??? Gonna make the PileUp deadline??? Sure would like to see it in person next month.

15. EricE

EricE
    from Tennessee

The Lunar Lorry

16. Plowboy

Plowboy

Heath has been chugging away on it. Most people don't realize all of the little time consuming bullshit that is involved with building something goofy like this. Try building a hot rod and a custom at the same time, because essentially that is what you are doing. I don't know if it will be running at the pileup, but I think it will be there regardless. It seems that those of us in the greater Cisco area have a history of not having running projects up there. Ha Ha Ha

17. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I hope he has it there. If he does you, me and shoe, will have to push him and melvin around in it like we did last year with you. Good times man......

18. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Ouch:D HA HA HA Nick your bad:D so any update? looks killer!!

19. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Right after we push mine in........HAHAHHAHAHA

Frizby Almost been a year since ya rode on the back of my bike in the motel parking lot I am thinkin that maybe ya dont want to see me anymore....:D

Shoe

20. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Im game.

21. yngrodder

yngrodder

I call shot gun!!!!!!!

22. Allan1985

Allan1985

Awesome! What's the status on this?

23. monsterflake

monsterflake