Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pete Eastwood???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burger, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Rod Letcher

Rod Letcher

Pete, can you contact me with my email [email protected]

dana barlow likes this.
  2. clem

clem

just do another 4 posts and you and contact him direct.
    Maybe post 4 more photos of your car, each in an individual post and you will be there….

warhorseracing likes this.
  3. Rod Letcher

Rod Letcher

85601099.jpg 85601099.jpg 85601101 - Copy.jpg 85601106 - Copy.jpg 85601107 - Copy.jpg 85601109 - Copy.jpg 85601110 - Copy.jpg 85601112.jpg 85601099.jpg 85601101 - Copy.jpg 85601106 - Copy.jpg 85601107 - Copy.jpg 85601109 - Copy.jpg 85601110 - Copy.jpg 85601112.jpg 85601113.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Rod Letcher

Rod Letcher

Forgot to add a caption for the above photos, but I'm guessing you all figured out those are just more photos of the subject car.
    After it arrives, I will get a running/driving video of it. It sure does look good!!

Rod

Just Gary likes this.
  5. Rod Letcher

Rod Letcher

Also forgot to mention, I had a nice informative talk with Mr. Eastwood, a very nice gentleman indeed.

David Gersic, harpo1313, Tman and 9 others like this.
  6. Lets see your other cars. 1950 Crosley, 1957 T-Bird. Just those two to stay within the rules.

7. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Rod, welcome to the HAMB, from a fellow Oregonian. We have a great event every Spring and your car would be very appreciated. It's in Portland, the Saturday before Mother's Day, with some of the best cars in our area. The event is all free to the public. I can fit you into our corral, with vintage race cars, and bikes. The event is Portland Transmission Warehouse Spring Classic.

8. Rod Letcher

Rod Letcher

OK, I have received (from the seller) a document purportedly listing what is on this car. It appears to be correct with the exception of the Ruckstell listing. I don't see a Ruchstell in the photos. Too bad cause I would have really liked that. Also there is mention of "Loco Larry" as the engine builder. Anybody know anything about him? There is no date on the paper but I suspect sometime before 2011 as that date is what is on the photo below. Pete, do you recall when you sold the car to Don?

85601117.jpg

El Hueso and harpo1313 like this.
  9. Rod Letcher

Rod Letcher

Forgot the document!

Potential.Model.Tspecs-3.JPG

10. Rod Letcher

Rod Letcher

Marty, I'll give it some thought, but at my age I'm not really into loading and unloading this thing from a trailer ;)
    Rod

11. Rod Letcher

Rod Letcher

Here's a sample:

Attached Files:

12. The Crosley AND that Speedster are very cool.

13. ^^^^^^^^Very nice! You are at 13 Posts now so you can PM anyone.;)

clem likes this.
  14. Rod Letcher

Rod Letcher

Here are some of the Crosley specs, there was much more done to it, I am only now sorting through it.

The car was acid dipped before being professionally built.

Every panel was massaged and monocoqued.

Full rebuilt floor and rockers.

The frame was custom built.

Features include:

Rebuilt 1939 Ford V8 60 Flathead

Three Stromberg carburetors

Rebuilt T5 transmission.

Shortened .356 banjo rear end

Mounted on a four-bar setup.

The car will cruise at 70 mph.

Rack and Pinion steering;

Disc brakes;

Custom Dash:

Rebuilt original gauges supplemented with Moon eyes hidden in the custom glove box

lurker mick likes this.
  15. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

" Loco Larry " is Larry Blair . He had a shop in Santa Fe Springs that specialized in Model T's .
    I'm sure that is who built the engine for Don .
    He did really nice work , but has since retired .

16. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I was starting the build on my ‘32 . I wanted to build a very traditional style car . I was hit with the news “ you have stage 4 cancer , and a 20% chance to survive 5 years .” This was 29 years ago . I called a phone number , that I can not remember how or where I got the number . It was Mr . Pete Eastwood . I explained to him , I has from the other side of the country and had a tradition chassis question , could he help me . The man took time from his day to explain everything to me . He is an outstanding person and a gift to our hobby . Many thanks again Mr . PWood .

Driver50x, Gotgas, Just Gary and 8 others like this.
  17. Rod Letcher

Rod Letcher

The 5 racer has arrived and I have mild issue:
    This engine has a Model “A” crank installed along with a deeper oil pan. The upper petcock was removed and a plug installed. The question is, normally you would fill tell the oil ran out of the top petcock. So is the procedure changed to fill only to the bottom petcock? I’m assuming that this may be the case due to the additional oil in the deeper pan? Or do I need to replace the plug with another petcock?
    petcock.png

18. rusty valley

rusty valley

My thoughts, if the rod journals are in about the same height as the T crank, I would use the original oil level. The deep pan is for more oil, not to change the fill level.

19. Rod Letcher

Rod Letcher

Well I got the #5 car running, here's a startup video.

A Boner, Just Gary and rusty valley like this.
  20. Now that's a race car!:)

21. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

I know he tried to hide it, but it looks like a Stearns-Knight 14-60 to me. (Either a 1923, or maybe a 1953.)

22. Rod Letcher

Rod Letcher

23. Think I've seen your Hotshot before- very nicely done!