Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you listen to in your garage?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 41 C28, Feb 6, 2008.

1. I always liked the line " honey child, you ain't done yet " in one of his songs.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  2. Greenblade

Greenblade

Can't listen to this when people are around or they'll think I've gone nuts, but when I'm alone I really like the '70s Kmart reel to reel. Blue Light Special!

3. Deuces

Deuces

:D;):)
    Lime in the coconut is pretty cool also.....:confused::D:)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. I'll get it up soon.

Deuces likes this.
  5. Greenblade

Greenblade

6. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

I listen to the oldies station AM1180 WKCE, or WDVX on89.9 or 102.9 FM or on the web, an eclectic mix of bluegrass, Americana, and more. That includes one of my favorite programs known as “The Rumble” on Saturday evenings. A mix of Rockabilly and others, including Ryan Cain and the Ables, “ Haunted Hotrod “! You have to listen to that one . It can be found on YouTube.

7. Junk yard

Junk yard
    from Paltucky

I still listen to the voices in my head

8. mario711

mario711

Pod cast.. sports
    70s channel XM ...
    Saturday khdc tejano

9. Paul

Paul
    Editor

10. Surly you’re taking the piss Paul, that doesn’t even qualify as elevator music.

40two and Paul like this.
  11. A bit of Meatloaf tonight, Paradise by the Dashboard Light brings but some great memories!
    RIP the Meat.

Paul and Deuces like this.
  12. Paul

Paul
    Editor

13. AccurateMike

AccurateMike

14. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Being mostly deaf with tinnitus as well , I listen to the rushing wind sound in my head , it used to be a spinning gear sound , so my selection changed ,sometimes when the barometric pressure makes a sharp change , I get a pretty clear whistle !

15. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2022-2-1_3-36-22.png
    Hello,

Last December, I got this bottle of Meguiar’s Ceramic Detailer for a gift. I guess I was not spending enough time in the garage, keeping our daily drivers clean and shiny. It was a big hint… So, I used it right away and now, it has been over a month of treatment.

The stuff went on easily and wiped off with a clean rag. The rag skidded across the surface of places that had the treatment and I noticed the smoothness. I have used similar stuff over the years and it worked well without the driveway wash as we used to do back then.

Now, while checking on the latest application, I was listening to the whole Mp3 versions of our favorite old time rocker, Neil Young. He was instrumental in our enjoying some troubling times growing up as 20 somethings and it just hit the spot. The collection on our Ipod Touch player in the garage seems to just make the work better and in no time, I finished two cars for their monthly cleaning and upkeep.
    Neil Young

Jnaki

Remembering those early days, when I had the 65 El Camino,
    upload_2022-2-1_3-31-32.png
    The song, “Old Man” was a background for my presentation of a photo essay of a skid row area of San Pedro, called Beacon Street. The street/area was going through some hard times, the music was a big hit, and was perfect soundtrack on a later, photo story for an extra college class photo project.

I had to park the 65 El Camino several blocks away near the old Ferry Terminal Café. The far distance parking was so, not to seem out of place during my walk around shooting photographs in this empty, rundown street. The odd thing was, the street/buildings were scheduled for a revitalization soon and before the whole area was torn down, it had plenty of “local” guests hanging out all day and night.

Today, it is a thriving area of hotels and businesses with the old Ferry Terminal still across the street as a historic Maritime Museum. And...Remembering that little café that used to be there that served a great breakfast among the working class folks.

The guy I interviewed was from Minnesota and he had “ridden” the boxcar railroads to So Cal. He had some hard times and would only talk to me if I gave him a pack of cigarettes. Later, as I made the slide presentation in my college class, the song, “Old Man” was playing in the background. I got a “A” on the class project and an “A” in the class.

Writer/Performer: Neil Young

Old man, look at my life
    I'm a lot like you were
    Old man look at my life
    I'm a lot like you were

Old man, look at my life
    Twenty four and there's so much more
    Live alone in a paradise
    That makes me think of two

Love lost, such a cost
    Give me things that don't get lost
    Like a coin that won't get tossed
    Rolling home to you

Old man, take a look at my life, I'm a lot like you
    I need someone to love me the whole day through
    Ah, one look in my eyes and you can tell that's true

Lullabies, look in your eyes
    Run around the same old town
    Doesn't mean that much to me
    To mean that much to you

I've been first and last
    Look at how the time goes past
    But I'm all alone at last
    Rolling home to you

Old man, take a look at my life, I'm a lot like you
    I need someone to love me the whole day through
    Ah, one look in my eyes and you can tell that's true

Old man, look at my life
    I'm a lot like you were
    Old man, look at my life
    I'm a lot like you were

16. Deuces

Deuces

I watched the live video also.... Great song!....

17. MRW1994

MRW1994
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. Cymro

Cymro

Radio mostly, otherwise an eclectic variety of music dependent on mood, Chicago blues, some Rock n Roll, Rockabilly, Surf, Sixties music, Motorhead, Lead Zeppelin Meatloaf, new old style country music ( don't know the term for the genre) and being from Wales some of my countrymen's music too such as the Super Furry Animals Y Niwl and Alffa guitar player Gweniffer Raymond.

I did say ECLECTIC.

19. AccurateMike

AccurateMike

20. Deuces

Deuces

Great movie!!!!!......:D:D

MRW1994 likes this.
  21. MRW1994

MRW1994
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've never seen the movie but I'm a big Charlie Daniels fan and always thought that intro was cool! Need to find the movie and watch it.

Deuces likes this.
  22. Rand Man

Rand Man

I like all sorts of music, except what amounts to a lot of screaming, some form of metal. WTF is the point of that non-musical shit?
    Anyway, I of course like classic rock, but because of my roots, I’m drawn to a bit twang, kinda like the Buck Owens Bakersfield sound I used to hear on He Haw as a kid.
    In the 70’s we called it outlaw country. The eighties, and nineties we called it alternative country. Nowadays, the Billboard charts call it Americana. In Arkansas and Oklahoma, it’s called Red Dirt. For a long time you didn’t hear it on the mainstream Nashville sound radio stations. Recently, I found a local station calling themselves Red Dirt Radio. I lived in Texas in the nineties. We called it Texas honky tonk or the Austin sound.
    Hope this makes sense. I could name off a long list of artists or write you a dissertation.

Deuces likes this.
  23. Deuces

Deuces

The kids in the inspection room at my shop listen to death, devil worship junk. . I can't stand being in there any longer than 2 seconds...:mad::mad::rolleyes:

MRW1994 and Rand Man like this.