Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1923 Studebaker Light Six Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Krypt Kicker Farmpunk, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Saved this 23-24 Studebaker Light Six Roadster, some before, during & after photos. Cool Gabriel Balloon Snubbers canvas strap "shock absorbers". The grill shell is 24-25, the hood in the cockpit is later Studebaker truck.
    A long day in the cold drizzly fog, took quite a bit of axe work to the frozen ground, the one wheels spokes were rotten & the rim fell right off, the others just rolled along. We couldnt get to close to it with where it was sitting so it took a good amount of chain & winch cable to reach it.
    Back home & the wheels/tires on. The old gal is pretty solid & straight, & the engine spins over.

Attached Files:

2. That's going to be quite a project.

Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Neat looking project. I'd bet there is a surprising amount of carriage / wagon technology in it. LOVE the grille shell. If you have another one, PM me! I have a mid-20's Stude dash I plan to use in my 29 Ford Coupe.

4. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

Very cool, dig the lines

Krypt Kicker Farmpunk likes this.

5. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Nice project! They\ factory took an interesting way for the exhaust to avoid the steering gear! Sure would've solved the problem in a couple of other builds I've seen, even if it looks "odd' by today's standards!

6. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

It needs a super charged Studebaker 289 and four speed just for fun....

7. Nice . Looks like a solid body from here. How long had it actually been outside ? Looking at the engine i would think it might have been inside for quite a while. Suicide doors too :cool:.

8. grumpy gaby 2

grumpy gaby 2

9. AHotRod

AHotRod

So....... what are you going to do with it?

10. I love it. If you didn't get the windshield frame with it let me know. I might be able to line you up with one, I needed one for my 32 Stude coupe. You wouldn't believe what I found.

11. SPEC

SPEC

12. Thanks. No spare grille shell.

13. Thanks for the welcome. Missouri

14. Thanks. Yeah its pretty solid. Had been stored in a barn for a lot of years, then the guy I got it from had it under a tarp outside for 7. The suicides are cool.

15. Plans are for a jalopy build. Want to go with solid disc wheels & hope to retain the original engine, trans etc.

16. Thanks. No windshield frame, I have a couple unknowns with glass in a shed that Ive had for years, never know I might get lucky, otherwise I'll be hunting for some parts.

17. rusty valley

rusty valley

That is pretty cool. Looks like someone was working on it for a while, then just shoved it outside to die. good thing you saved it

18. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Should have a nice ride with that long wheelbase.

19. El Mirage Garage

El Mirage Garage

Good for you! That’s gonna be Fun.