Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Any Hambers own a 1935 Fords?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Rusty J

Rusty J

I owned this one for a week! My son and I went for a short bike ride in october, saw this sitting on a friend's trailer and owned it the next day. Very original and never molested, had to have it. Flattie was rusted up from missing spark plugs, one stuck front brake but removing the front drum (slotted see through - never seen that before) fixed that problem. Sold it the following week to a friend. I would have kept it and built it but I gotta finish my 39 Chevy and that's a 27 T chassis sitting in the trees that I need to put together. We'll be welding a Nova roof skin to fill the roof on this car, fix the floor, fender and grill, and get it running/driving - not touching the body.

20211011_104752_HDR.jpg

MO_JUNK, reagen and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. 101_1056.jpg
    Not true. Late 35's have the X. My 35 has the X.

alfin32, reagen and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. finn

finn

Looks like it’s a 36 then….with a 35 title

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

I have a 35 with the x on the cowl. They made an early and late 35 bodys.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

Well then does your 35 have air vents on the inner fenders or plain does it have fender braces that only go as far as the headlamps or all the way to wheel arch , maybe I should of said here in Australia basic rule of thumb for 35 or 36 is I'm sorry I spoke

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. Roothawg

Roothawg

That’s true. The Aussie versions are sometimes quite different.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. I do have a soft spot for the 35 ford's.
    I have 2ea of them. Would not mind to ad a coup to the group.
    Vic

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Flathead47

Flathead47
    from ontario

36 cowls have the X with 4 raised dimples where rubber bumper stops are installed for the hood side to rest against.
    35 cowls use a continuous lase that goes around the whole back of the cowl for the hood/sides to rest on.
    The lower part of the cowl where the hood latch connects to the cowl latch bar has a different shaped pocket in the cowl on the 36.

greener200 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. I've heard of people opting to have '36 front sheet metal replacing their wrecked '35 front ends back in the day ...
    ... here's a pic of mine at Columbus GG last year ...
    thumbnail.jpg

10. Thank's Don, that is a beauty! :) HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Any news?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. No John, I really don't expect to hear anything for a few months, they seemed to be trying to get settled in and they had 2 of those portable storage units in the front yard and one sitting in front of the car in the driveway. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  13. banjorear

banjorear

One of my bucket list cars is a '35 Roadster.

1935streetrod and 3W JOHN like this.
  14. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I get it.

15. I have had several PM's about the car if I didn't want it let them know.

Again, I was told by the lady the car belongs to her dad, she said it may be for sale in the future but I haven't heard anything since that initial conversation. I did drive past the house earlier this week and nothing has been moved. HRP

16. Got a phone call from a home builder close to my town to build a Flathead for his 35 roadster. He has 20+ cars in a large building. This is what I saw!!! Pretty nice 35 roadster—stone stocker. Was not expecting to see the roadster!! Also had a nice 34 phaeton!!! 48CE21E7-9BC7-4814-AB0D-E00C53E70174.jpeg 49B96CCC-9A06-4805-AAD7-7B6306FC7087.jpeg

17. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

18. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

Why in the world would anybody want an old 35 ?

19. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

20. Danny - your going to be sorry you said anything before you have it in hand. My 35 is a Plymouth- 2 door slant back coach, but I sure appreciate the fords. One of the best pictures I have seen here on the hamb is of a red 36- 3 window deluxe coupe, but won’t post it as you asked for 35s.

21. Meekers35coupe.jpg Meekers35coupe-Heddens.jpg
    Here's a couple of pic's of Mike Meeker's '35 5 window. Currently has a small block in it, but there's a super cool flatty that is soon take it's place.

22. As luck would have it we made a delivery to the home where the 35 was parked and covered in the driveway with a tarp but I didn't see it, I immediately notice the grille shell & radiator is no longer on the front porch as I approached the door.

I rang the bell and the same lady came to the door, I mentioned that I had enquired a couple of months ago about her dad's car, she said they moved it the back yard and that dad had broken his hip but is healing and has decided not to sell the car. HRP

Kiwi 4d likes this.
  23. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

Danny stay after at..as you well know everything is about timing! Good luck..

24. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

35 or so years ago we were dreaming of finding a nice 35/36 tudor flat back . Never found one . Ended up second choice was a 37 coupe ,advertised in the paper in our own town . So never found the desired 35/36 . But have owned and driven the 37 for 35 years.

guthriesmith likes this.
  25. Flathead47

Flathead47
    from ontario

Your luck may be that it has been moved to the backyard , out of site , grill & rad in a safe place. Owner could still change his mind.
    You can never go wrong with 35/36 5W coupe , I have a 36 5W coupe project I am working on , lost count how many times I've been asked if it was for sale ...... it is one of those cars that will always be in demand .....