Register now to get rid of these ads!

No Mustang stuff?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Lance Markel, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Our new friend jumps in with both feet without so much as looking at the rules and when his post is deleted he starts lashing out about how others are building their cars.

A few years ago Ryan ( the Boss ) got tired of trying to heard cats and ask us to refocus and try to adhere to what the site was originally designed for and that was traditional hot rods & customs, granted there are some post that waver and do get into the grey areas but for the most part people that have taken the time to read & learn soon realize that it's not that difficult to accept the fact that the Hamb isn't going to change to suit their way of thinking.

What was considered off topic when the rules when Ryan created the Hamb are still off topic. HRP

2. Lance, this forum is very simple.
    Build whatever you want, your way.
    If you are building in the spirit of the HAMB,
    build it only using parts that were around before 1964,
    in ways that the magazines from '64 back would have shown.
    The idea is to build something that did exist, or could exist before '64 or '65.
    Most anything you would need for a build can be found here.
    This is also probably the best source of info on what a Hot Rod is that
    can be found anywhere.
    The idea is to build a car that could have been around pre-'65,
    so that you can experience what a car was like to drive in the year
    it was built as a Hot Rod, with parts available then.
    If you want an old body on a frame from newer, you are building
    a street rod, which is fines, just not here.
    And as for Chevy's in Fords, it was traditional AFTER '55.
    So a Ford built as a Hot Rod before '55 can't have a V8 Chevy,
    because it wasn't around, if you are building a pre-'55 style car.
    If you want this forum to work, just pick a year you like
    and build a car that could have been built before that year.

PS: For a real challenge, try to find a Hot Rod that was built pre '65
    and try to bring it back with the parts that are on it!

Check out this thread in the Traditional Hot Rods section here.
    "Snoopy" Model A Hot Rod Survivor
    It will give you all of what most of us are about.
    If you get it, you will hang around.

Good luck!

3. Hombre

Hombre

I am for sure and certain not the guy to lecture anyone on anything, so this is n0t that. I for one am just not a Mustang guy, while I do like the early small block Ford engines the Mustang was never my deal. I for one don't mind them not being here, now with that said there had to ne a cutoff date somewhere. And someone had to decided what that cutoff date was going to be, who better to do that than the guy wh0 developed the Hamb? Someone had to do it so I think the right guy is the one who did that.

As to the Corvette, man you do realize that Corvettes came out in 1953, that is like 12 years inside the cutoff date. Corvettes should be allowed here, period correct Corvettes are.

4. I opt for the mustang 3, straight axle mafia baby 20180808_203855.jpg

Lil32 likes this.
  5. Rules are rules..................Looks like I am gonna have to take you folks "to the train station".
    Keep up the good work!

6. I guess I have a hard time understanding the problem! This forum is dedicated to a certain parcel of time in the hot rod hobby & nothing else. It is really not that hard to understand or adhere to! I love all different cars from different eras, but I just make sure that if I post a picture or a comment with a picture & an O.T. vehicle is in the picture, it is in the background & not highlighted or mentioned except in passing.

It is Ryans' forum & he gets to decide what flies & what doesn't!!!! Just because I happen to have many cars that don't fit, doesn't mean I will be offended or butt-hurt, because I can't post them here!

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

7. twenty8

twenty8

Some things are just too funny not to point out...............:rolleyes:

X38, Bill's Auto Works and Moriarity like this.
  8. I'm still laughing at bass ackwards used bass ackwards.:D:D:D

9. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

FWIW, I don't think the rules make a lick of sense around here. But it is what it is. You learn to live with the double standard around here. Mustang II stuff is treated like the plague but half of the rods on here are running Vega steering boxes. OK...

People bitch that nobody posts build threads anymore and they're tired of homogenized cars, but when somebody does something outside the box, it gets the axe around here as not traditional, even if significant other parts of the build, or the overall aesthetic of the build, do fall within the auspices of the HAMB generally. The baby is thrown out with the bathwater and ultimately, I think the HAMB is poorer because of it because it stifles the exchange of information.

Good luck with your F100 build, it sounds like it is probably a cool truck.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  10. Most of us ended up here because we didn't feel like our old school building styles fit in with all the current trends of hot rod and custom cars and don't subscribe to the post 64 type of cars & trucks.

The hamb ain't for everyone and I believe Ryan knew that from the very start. HRP

Lil32, Hombre and Thor1 like this.
  11. I’m just trying to figure out if the site has changed or I have changed. Maybe a little of both. Still fun to lurk and learn something new every day.

12. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

dig the new dog Pic wray

13. In my mind I don't think it's changed that much the site is now more focused and things that use to slide get more scrutinized now, some iffy topics may get a pass while other off topic subjects that are not in accordance of the rules will always be off topic and suffer the consequences. HRP

Lil32 likes this.
  14. I have a 64 1/2 Mustang in my fleet and i am not upset or offended that it doesn't fit here and its not hard to understand how it works here. Ryan and the team do a great job here doing their best to keep the site on track and OT crap out. JW

Thor1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. metalshapes

metalshapes

Last time I took my goat to a dog show they kicked me out.

I dont understand.

They both have fur and teeth and stuff.

I think they should have accepted my goat...

16. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Laughing my ass off Shapes.... hilarious.
    Couldn't resist.

Naaaaaaaaa

17. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

[QUOTE="Hombre, post: 13331885, member: 62213........... As to your Mustang II front end and the dark ages stock suspension ( according to you ) of a F100 with its straight axle. Nothing at all wrong with a straight axle and they can be made to ride every bit as good as any M II crap.........[/QUOTE]

So Im interested in knowing how to make a 54 F100 handle better than a M II set up.

I have previously had a 48 Chev AD truck with a XJ6 Jag front end, and to be honest it rode really well so I would probably prefer to go down that track if I was looking for an IFS set up.

But if I could get the 54 Ford to handle as good as that while retaining the Ford axle, I would be real happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.