Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Do You Own A Car From The Year Of Your Birth (Purposely)?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill's Auto Works, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Yes....kinda......I've owned a lot of 1956's because well.....Always have owned Studebakers and Mopars as well as many FoMoCo and Chevy - 1956's.....funny on my 1956 Stude when I first saw it the owner said it was a 1959 but I knew it was 1956 with one year only parts - the title did said 1959 and was just wrong it was a 1956......so I bought it. My 1956 D-500 I looked at for maybe 30 or more years not really thinking much past 1956 - it had all the trim and glass removed - well it was stripped for dirt track racing and it did run the dirt at some point. Finally I scraped the dirt off the Hemi in it and found out it was a D-500 car - you can see the flag emblems where they were on the hood/trunk - just barley. My 1956 Fury I sweated for a loooong time to get as it sat in the unfenced field with the factory tach and trim inside - it sat with a Hemi in it - I couldn't figure that Hemi out until I got it home.

2. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Yup, I'm old.
    85 HP and 85 years old in Feb.

Attached Files:

TFoch, Al T, R A Wrench and 4 others like this.
  3. roadside Coupe.jpg Yes, purposely.
    I went in search of a two-door '64 Falcon. Have now owned it for 26 years. 19 of those on the road full registration as my daily driver.

4. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

That looks like a '63 Sprint up here. One of my favourites.

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

6. I was born in 1957.
    In 1977 I bought my first collector car , a 1957 chevrolet Belair 2 door sedan , from a dealer out if California. I still have that all original car today.
    Vic

TFoch, perk03, wheeldog57 and 4 others like this.

7. :D:D:D

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  8. Greenblade

Greenblade

Haha, a while back I was talking with my coworker about my Rambler. I was trying to figure out how old it was, I said it's a 1963. She jumped in and said something like "oh I was born in '63, it's 59" and I said "wow that's old!" Meaning the car but indirectly calling her old. Oh boy did she give me a look that 'bout scared my socks off!
    Still feel a bit bad saying that but we laugh about it now.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    perk03, wheeldog57, 56don and 3 others like this.
  9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Yep a ‘56 Meteor Rideau Victoria! But it’s waiting it’s turn. 1956 was a very good year for births, cars, and wine. Bad year for the Suez Canal...

Hnstray and Bill's Auto Works like this.
  10. Yep, '66 Olds though I can't show it here. It's the replacement for my 1st car, a Chevelle.

Hmm. Dad was born in 1940. Can I grandfather in a Ford coupe?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  11. Honestly Sir,

The 62 Falcon does nothing for me as I really like straight type bodies in the front & sides & love stacked headlight cars as well. Never built a Gasser yet, but will be starting a 57 Chieftan later this year. If it were not for the fact that I have many parts accumulated to do it, I would be building a Gasser out of one of my OT 66 Ambassadors (very straight sides & stacked headlights) or I would pick up an OT 66-67 Fairlane as it has those things I like as well. The only place I like them round is in the rear, Think 49 Pontiac Torpedo, late 40's Nash or even my OT 67 Marlin!

God bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

55 Ford Gasser likes this.
  12. I really like single round headlights - especially in the fender- think 57 vette, shelby cobra, 51 chev cars and trucks, and to a degree 57 chieftan. The falcon doesn’t directly have the lights in the fender, but they are still single and round, rear wheel wells cut out and an inch or two of rubber hanging out had a real effect on the teenage me. Your OT fairlane ticks a bunch of boxes for me too. Variety helps make the world go round. Looking forward to the chieftan build. My sister is lucky being born in 59- belair, elcamino, deville, the list goes on…

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  13. wutnxt

wutnxt

Yup. I’ve had lots of Ford pickups, mainly 53-56’s but I always wanted one from my birth year (1946). They are not the most handsome of Fords lineup but I built this one around ‘92 and it’s going to be my son’s when I’m through with it. The thing I like to brag about most of it is that the battery is an Optima installed in about ‘95 and it’s never gone flat or had a charge in all those years. Junkyard 302 always starts and runs like a sewing machine. FFCE05BD-214C-4680-A9BA-D8AC44A8AEF6.jpeg

14. clem

clem

No, because unlike @Deuce Daddy Don , I’m not turning 90 this year…………
    but have often thought that I was born a generation toooooooo late……..

15. kevinrevin

kevinrevin
    from East Texas

Born about the same time as the Pony car, but haven't owned anything from 64 yet. Currently have a 61 Econoline PU and 65 Rambler, each in its own state of not-there-yet.
    As far as cars from my year of existence, I've always liked the lines of the 64 Impala and D100 Dodge pickup.
    Maybe one day....

OzMerc39 and Bill's Auto Works like this.
  16. No, but I would if I found the right car as the pickings are slim for nice cars in 1992. Probably be a Z28

17. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

my birthyear is off topic but i wouldnt mind having a 75 f250 camper special! maybe one day

18. SlamIam

SlamIam

My 51 pickup and I are the same age, and we have history since I drove it as a teenager in the 60s while working on the farm of the man who originally owned it - bought it in 93

19. juhap

juhap
    from Finland

Oh yes... Here is mine 63...

[​IMG]

20. poco

poco
    from oklahoma

I was borned in 35 but never owned a 35 but have owned several 36 models.

21. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

9E3BBD2A-D196-440E-B300-A0B0D14CB378.jpeg Mom was born in 39’ . She was happy when Deluxe Sedan showed up .
    Dad born in 41’ was disappointed. He had 41’s back in the day. But yet likes to ride in the 39’
    Stretch

22. Johnny99

Johnny99

I do not but I still dream about it. Got too much junk now, probably won't happen. Born in 60, love the GM bubbletop roofline. I'm mostly a Chevy guy but it would need to be one of the B.O.P.C. cars with the Caddy being #1 choice. There's a fella in my area with a mostly original clean 60 Coup deVille in Sienna Rose. I see the car rarely and think it's left the area and then she pops up. If the car ever came up for sale, I would be sorely tempted, but then I would probably come to my senses and think, "where in the hell would I park that thing!" This photo is NOT the car, just similar.

60cad3.jpg

23. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Johnny, you have good taste.
    Stretch

24. Born in 46 and have a 46 ford coupe with t bird front and rear seats and a 41 front nose.

25. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not too many military vehicles I like so no.

26. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Seems a lot of us don't care for cars built the year we were born.

clem and Bill's Auto Works like this.
  27. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

What I rode around in before my brother showed up on the scene. May be why I'm attracted to 'em. Be cool to build one w/ a hot rod FE & BW-10 ;)
    [​IMG]

Joe

RmK57 and Bill's Auto Works like this.
  28. Jessie J.

Jessie J.

Born in 1949, been bullet-nose Studebaker crazy since I was a 10-year-old kid. Have owned over a dozen Studes, but never a bullet nose. But around 1980 I did buy a one owner 1948 Studebaker M-5 pickup that had sat in a barn since 1956. It came with the original Title and Bill of Sale, which I still have. Built in late '48 it was one of the last of the M-5 series and wasn't sold until '49 ($995 including the optional horn and heater.) I paid a whopping $150 for it and so kind of have a Studebaker from the year of my birth.
    Now it ain't no show truck, the fenders are all beat to hell and barely hanging on, but it is all as built, original cardboard panels and leather seat
    Got 'er home, rigged up a gas can and fired her up. Within a couple of minutes, she settled down to idle like a fine watch, with not even a trace of smoke, even when revved. Filled the cylinders with oil and put her back into barn storage for another 40+ years.
    Always intended to build her as a rod, and over the decades have obtained several potential engines and tranny combos. Thing is, with a very busy life and family obligations I just never found the time and cash at the same time to pursue my vision beyond the collecting of parts.
    Turning 73 in May, but have 2 homes requiring my attention and money. Don't want to keep it, and don't want to part with it, and that is where I'm at today.

OzMerc39 and Bill's Auto Works like this.
  29. WhitewallWill

WhitewallWill
    from N. Van, BC

I'd take a '64 T Bird - the year I was minted. Bought my F100 because in the ad for sale it had a '64 grill then realizing it was a '65 I thought - close enough. Next one will be '30's or 40's. My tastes trend towards curves.

30. Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    OzMerc39 likes this.