Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods CHAMPION Radiator Suppliers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31 Coupe, Jan 21, 2022.

1. 31 Coupe

31 Coupe

Hello folks,
    Over the past week or so I've emailed Champion Cooling (Manufacturer), Ledfoot Racing (Supplier)and Reliable Radiators (Supplier) looking for their technical recommendations and pricing for a CHAMPION radiator for my '46 Ford Tudor build.
    None of them have replied to me as yet ..... is this normal or have I picked a bad time of the year?
    Being in Australia I'm not familiar with what's happening over there at the moment.
    As such I'd appreciate any advise before I pick up the phone.
    TIA.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Yeah, it's impossible to get a hold of anybody now.

Just buy one, and they will send it to you, if they have one, which they probably don't. That's why they won't answer the phone.

Tman and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. .............We're over here and we aren't familiar with what's happening!:eek:

4. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    5window and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I put one in my merc! I like it![​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    Elcohaulic likes this.
  7. Hillbilly Werewolf

Hillbilly Werewolf

I used one of theirs in an OT truck, very happy, and have one waiting to go in my '47 Plymouth.
    I sand the polished aluminum and paint it an appropriate satin black. Most people don't notice it isn't the stock rad.

8. i would think maybe the time difference would play a bit of a problem if trying by phone. I just ordered one over the phone, it went pretty smoothly. But we are a supplier, I was able to get ahold of them right away. Radiator was here in a few days

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

Maybe it cost too much to actually call them from where you're at but I called them as I'm only a couple hours away and they answer the phone every time

10. 31 Coupe

31 Coupe

Thank you for everyone's replies.
    It's not like the "Good Old Days" when you could get a response the same or next day.
    Ironically Ledfoot Racing have replied me today, maybe they saw this thread.

11. gene-koning

gene-koning

I recently bought a Champion radiator from one of their suppliers, got it in a few days.
    Their website lists the radiators they build. Figure out which radiator you need and write down the radiator number, then do a search for that Champion Radiator part number for who had one in stock, at the best price, that will ship to you, and order it from them.

12. This is exactly what I did. Candidates for my car were Mustangs and Fairlanes, the best fit was from a '65 Chevy. I did an eBay search to find a seller. Champion wanted $30 to ship, $60 to polish the tanks, which I didn't want. I got it free shipping and it came with polished tanks.

alanp561 and dana barlow like this.
  13. geoford41

geoford41
    from Delaware

I have a champion in my '40 coupe (SBC) the radiator cools really well, I do use an electric fan with shroud The radiator does have the auto trans cooler in the radiator bottom, plus a static cooler, and a auxiliary electric fan on a Derale cooler

14. 31 Coupe

31 Coupe

Thanks Bob,
    Do you mind suggesting who you went with please.
    I found that "Reliable Radiators" offered the best CHAMPION price and had free shipping.
    They are situated in Oregon but when you Google Maps the address it's a suburban private residence.
    They're also one of the suppliers I emailed initially but I still haven't had a response as yet.

15. Radiators4less, it is in my link up earlier in the thread.

Truck64 likes this.
  16. 31 Coupe

31 Coupe

Thanks Bob,
    This is where I'm at now ..... looks like Ledfoot Racing is the winner unless something better comes along in the next week.

Radiators4less - $270 + Free Shipping
    Ledfoot Racing - $230 + $30 Shipping + they've replied me and are close (8 miles) to my Aussie shipper in Anaheim CA.
    Reliable Radiators - $205 + Free Shipping - No reply and it's unknown if they're still supplying CHAMPION.

Thanks to all for you valued advise.

bobss396 and Truck64 like this.
  17. gene-koning

gene-koning

I bought a Champion radiator from Ledfoot Racing before. It was well packaged and had arrived pretty fast, I would have bought this last radiator from them, but they were out of stock for the one I needed. I bought from someone that had the one I needed in stock. Gene

18. 31 Coupe

31 Coupe

FYI guys,
    Finally purchased a CHAMPION #CC46CH radiator this week from "Champion Radiator Supply" on Ebay.
    $230-53 total, that included free shipping to my freight forwarder in Anaheim CA, plus taxes.
    This was the best deal I could find all up ..... unfortunately I won't see it for at least another two months or so.
    Thanks again for everyone's great advise.

bobss396 likes this.
  19. I bought one for the A last Wednesday on Ebay also. Being delivered today with free shipping. I put the 2 yr warranty on mine for an additional $10. $232 in total. Anxious to see it.

20. And here it is. Just pulled it out of the box. Looks well built.
    champion.jpg

21. 65type1

65type1

Got mine for my 40 chevy pickup from radiators4less through ebay. Shipping to Canada was quick and reasonable IMG-3752.jpg

IMG-3754.jpg

'28phonebooth likes this.

22. Glad you Canadians are finally catching a break on getting stuff from the U.S. Hope the pipeline continues to open up for you.

TagMan likes this.