Register now to get rid of these ads!

1940 Ford Poly Fuel Tank

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by RGB, Jan 19, 2022.

1. RGB

RGB

I just purchased a poly tank to replace the very rusty metal tank. How has anyone installed these poly tanks in regard to getting the nuts on the bolts ? Thanks

2. ....You need to repost this in the right section (not the intro section) so more folks will see it and respond. Also, maybe be a bit more specific, like what exactly is the issue. Are the holes in the poly tank not lining up with the holes in the frame?

i.rant likes this.
  3. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Photos are always welcome........

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. I know what you're dealing with. The mount bolt positions are slots instead dedicated bolt holes. They are a blister to mount and get to stay in place. Tanks Inc has steel with cage nuts as it should be for $280.oo. They also make the Poly tank but you couldn't give me another one.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. @RGB...I see that you now posted on the main forum and got some excellent advice.:)