Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures A World War II Kustom? ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

A World War II Kustom? ...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Well, they had the old "using what you've got" of hot rodding down.....that's for sure.

loudbang and NoSurf like this.
  3. That's cool. It seems like drop tanks could make some nice fenders. I'm thinking kustom (with a 'k') isn't apropos.

4. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I wonder if it still exists?

Blade58 likes this.

5. Pretty common around GI's. My boss was stationed in Guam during Viet Nam, the had a cut down "buggy" and even a couple community motorcycles that they shared to get around the Island when not on duty.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. hansboomer

hansboomer
    from new york

His first mistake was that he didn't put the motor and the driver's seat INSIDE the drop tank. That would have been awesome.

7. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

Nice! It's got a Harry Westergard meets Tex Avery kind of feel to it.

Jungle Jalopy, chiro and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  8. Jack Rice

Jack Rice
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The good old "use what you have" mentality at work here. Pretty neat. My Dad didn't talk about his WWII exploits much if ever. I once asked him about an old weathered leather mail pouch he had with a swastika branded on it. He casually said he captured a German courier in N Africa and recovered the pouch. But the real reason he did it at all was to get his hands on the motorcycle the courier was riding! Entertainment was wherever you could find it.

9. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

It would be interesting to know who the GI's were who built that car, and if they built anything else once they got back home - I have to assume they had some custom cars once they got out of the service.

chryslerfan55 and Jungle Jalopy like this.
  10. hansboomer

hansboomer
    from new york

FIFY
    Never forget what they did.

11. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

According to the title of the film, it was made post war - it appeared they were working on cleanups afterwards, scrapping out vehicles. Hopefully that means they were out of danger and made it home safely.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. longhorizon

longhorizon

He casually said he captured a German courier in N Africa and recovered the pouch. But the real reason he did it at all was to get his hands on the motorcycle the courier was riding! Entertainment was wherever you could find it.[/QUOTE]
    My father was one of those couriers (though he was no friend of the regime). Zundapp K800.
    Wish I could get my hands on that now...

13. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

That Jeep/Willy's is pretty nifty.

Chris