Register now to get rid of these ads!

Algon fuel injection, and accessories

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Algon, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Tweety16

Tweety16
    from Florida

Hi Dreracecar!
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I would like you to make the stacks for my Algon injection. Can I get a phone number to reach you at?
    My name is David Hollinger, 321-223-7802, Titusville Florida.

2. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

I let a algon unit for one of my Chevy sixes go about 24 years ago /led to the bower set up. I went and got it back today. I won’t go into the details but it left with me.
    Elco shut off valve/
    Cherry Burrell pump / timing cover/ headers /pump drive /gear spud etc. I haven’t made up my mind yet.

Attached Files:

Deuces, KiWinUS, Gotgas and 3 others like this.
  3. Algon Injected

Algon Injected

Good to hear you got it back Mitch. Hope you put it back into service. Keep us updated.

loudbang likes this.
  4. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

It looks like a little clean up and ride. Few hoses maybe. The pump feels really good. I thought I had the six bug out of my system. Maybe /maybe not.
    I just couldn’t let it get picked over buy the vultures as they were auctioning/selling /gutting an entire legacy of someone that meant so much to me/and was always kind to me /and treated me as his own. If it ever leaves my possession again it will go to someone that knows the money has nothing to do with it

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    Algon Injected and KiWinUS like this.
  5. Algon Injected

Algon Injected

I have never seen one of those timing covers with the drive gear and spud for use on the 6 cyl injector. Below is a picture of a similar cover from a Chevrolet 4 cyl Algon. This was a picture taken just after manufacture as a promo photo for magazine ads. I think the pump in this photo was a surplus aircraft Romec pump, not the usual Cherry Burrell Al used. An interesting pressure rise plate as well. Do you know if 4 cyl and 6 cyl Chevrolets share the same timing cover? scan.jpg a

Deuces likes this.
  6. Algon Injected

Algon Injected

Here are a couple more photos I have of fresh out of the box Chevrolet 6 cyl injector manifolds.

Chevrolet 6 cyl inj.jpg Chevrolet 6 cyl inj with stacks.jpg

7. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They do and can be made to work on the earlier engines if you can weld cast aluminum.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  8. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Actually the 4 cylinder and six cylinder do share the same timing cover if my memory is correct. The 153 was basically a 230 with 2 less cylinders.

9. stan65

stan65
    from Toledo, IL

I have a large port 409 setup. It came with a Algon water pump. Not sure how this would work with the water pump outlet pointing right at the crankshaft? Anyone have a picture of the front of an engine running the Algon water pump?

I know the stacks are not right, they are cobbled up from aluminum pipe elbows and stainless tubing. I will be correcting that soon.

Thanks,
    Stan

2D0F6A86-7A25-4BA6-A14A-A10166E5F3B2.jpeg

10. stan65

stan65
    from Toledo, IL

11. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

That. Is. Awesome.

12. tpw35

tpw35

13. drumyn29

drumyn29

14. Nice. I'm guessing based off that cast mount and lack of crank damper that your engine was in a boat?

I have the same setup (W intake, cover, H2O pump, fuel pump) and same conundrum. I've been looking for an extension to move the water pump forward past the crank damper. I suspect I'll have to wind up fabricating something along those lines.

15. stan65

stan65
    from Toledo, IL

Supposedly it was a backup engine for a rail that ran in Evansville IN 1965-69. Not sure if I want to try to use the water pump or not. Definitely want a damper.

I have searched and searched for a picture of a water pump in use in an actual car with no luck.

16. Just picked this up from Gene Altizer, was under his work bench for 40+ years.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

0ldracer and Gofannon like this.
  17. drumyn29

drumyn29