Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Your worst car insult by someone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Nov 20, 2021.

1. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

the cops used to harass my buddy in his '36 ford standard coupe because it didn't have two taillights...

2. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i was in grade school in the '50s, and a buddy always made his dad drop him off 2 blocks from school. dad drove a cord and it was "an embarrassment"!

3. 1low52

1low52

"cool Merc grill"
    LOL 20180518_141641.jpg

Shalamo, Fitty Toomuch, Baumi and 4 others like this.
  4. LAROKE

LAROKE

Well meaning but misguided friends who constantly want to sign me up for pimp my ride type car makeover shows. They don't understand that, slow as I am, I want to do the work myself and it's draining to have to explain, over and over.

Shalamo, Ned Ludd, X-cpe and 4 others like this.
  5. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i ran into a work buddy at a show, who'd entered his '66 chevy II convertible (very well-done conversion), and said, "lord, not another one of those!"
    of course, we had a good laugh over that...

Shalamo likes this.
  6. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If that was an ambulance I’d break a leg just to get a ride to the hospital.

Deuces likes this.
  7. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

some think it still is a flathead....

Attached Files:

8. ratrod0

ratrod0

This old man told me that 80% of ford trucks where still on the road, the other 20% made it home

Shalamo, dan c, das858 and 12 others like this.
  9. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

heard in the 60's; " whadya feed that car, bones"

stillrunners likes this.
  10. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

I hear a lot, Them-- "I'll give you $10000 for it" Me--"When can you have the rest?"

11. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

99% of the kind of insults, are not really meant to be,they just don't know about cars!
    If it seems they are really interested,I'll try to nicely let them know what "rat" really stands for,and "rat" has nothing to do with a well built rod.

WB69, Ned Ludd, LAROKE and 7 others like this.
  12. 58oldsmobile88

58oldsmobile88

My 53 Merc was having some trouble with the fuel pump and left me on the side of the road. Guy driving by yells out his window “you wouldn’t have so much trouble if you’d just LS swap it”. I’ve gotten plenty of is that a bel air/Packard/Thunderbird and plenty of “too bad it’s a 4 door”.

13. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it really pissed me off when some one would call the coupe……a rat rod

A32E5468-CBC7-479A-AF92-ABC266819DD3.jpeg

14. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It’s a good thing when your car makes someone who otherwise doesn’t think twice about cars perk up and start asking questions. That’s where new car people come from. It can be hard to remember that the person asking that “stupid” question doesn’t know you’ve heard it a hundred times, but it’s worth not blowing everyone off… some people are just dumb but nobody here was born with the car bug, it’s not genetic, you caught it from somewhere… “something” made you pay attention. Your car might be someone’s “something”.

283john, Ned Ludd, LAROKE and 7 others like this.
  15. Deuces

Deuces

Here you go.... I fixed it for ya.... A32E5468-CBC7-479A-AF92-ABC266819DD3.jpeg.jpg

16. Can't get much worse than: "Anybody get hurt in that wreck?"

stillrunners and trevorsworth like this.
  17. cal1320

cal1320
    from Florida

I get asked a lot at the home repair centers if I'm ever going to paint my truck. I just tell them , "If I paint it, then I can't throw shit in the back. Then it's useless to me". Was also asked if it was a rat rod. I said "No, rat rods are designed to look like shit, mine got this way by accident".

18. "Only your sister, she got knocked up"
    This is what I say to the guy.

stillrunners likes this.
  19. X-cpe

X-cpe

You have to remember that by the mid 70's those cars were pretty much gone from high school parking lots. The kids that were seniors then are now seniors again.

dan c and wheeldog57 like this.
  20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

BINGO! Several people have come up to me and told me they saw my car 30 years ago when they were around 10 years old, stuck in their minds ever since. Little kids invariably get their parental unit's attention and point me out when I drive by. Like wise when I was about 10 years old ['58] a '30 Chevy coupe would drive by quite often, couple "hoodlums" in a custom '5o Merc stopped to ask directions once and a custom '41 Ford convertible [solid grill] drove by. Twenty years later I saw the Ford in a car clubs garage being worked on, I think I saw it last year [+30 yrs] at a show but in a different color, older than me guy driving so probably was the same car... Someone's something, works both ways!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    trevorsworth likes this.
  21. I totally disagree. No one in my family was ever interested in cars. Just me, by the time I was 6 I could tell the difference in 1950s cars and by 10 I recognized a 32 Ford highboy roadster across the street from where we moved. Knew what it was and loved it with the Mercury Yblock engine in it. I had to have been born with the old car gene in me.

22. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

Don’t look ruined to me…..in fact it looks just about right.

Deuces likes this.
  23. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm 26... so I grew up entirely in the digital age, I've had a smartphone since middle school. What that means is a lot of things I have absolutely no memory of are digitally documented in my pocket. Until recently I had no idea when I suddenly became interested in cars, but it's been gnawing at the back of my mind for a while. I was browsing my photo library and a handful of pictures jogged my memory.

When I was 17 my dad insisted I go to this car show with him. I had no interest in cars at this time - in fact I was not even driving yet, you just couldn't get me behind the wheel! - but was kind of vaguely interested in history and was starting to collect old crap. So he dragged me along and I think that day is where the seed got planted that would later develop into this old car habit of mine. There were a bunch of cars there - mostly muscle cars and late model/tuners. I had no idea what I was looking at yet, but everything I took a picture of to keep that day was mostly HAMB friendly, and now I know the car that was my "something". I'm pretty sure this Model A coupe lit the fire. Check out that dash treatment!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's some other stuff that caught non-car-guy-me's eye at the time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So here's the proof that those wide-eyed kids wandering around car shows too nervous to ask questions do turn into car guys - and traditionalists at that. (Apparently I didn't like IFS even then, all the hot rods I took pictures of have beam axles. :D) I'm sure if I did open my mouth some of the stupid shit I asked could be posted in this thread. But here I am now.

24. fabricator john

fabricator john
    from venice fl.

i have a brown primer heavily z'd 27 tudor flathead 3sp lakes pipes moons and get that alot i just wanna knock heads , but i do speak up and say " its not a RR" " your looking at a real period correct HOT ROD"
    and humble them a lil
    fabricator john
    miss you dad

hrm2k likes this.
  25. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They were close..happened to me to in 1964.

thehazguy likes this.
  26. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a guy tell me that my car was so ugly, rust wouldn't touch it.
    ( I think he was kidding.... ? :rolleyes: )

27. bundoc bob

bundoc bob

If you prefer big rears, you probably like The View

impala4speed, 56don, vtx1800 and 4 others like this.
  28. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

I had a chopped '49 Ford at a cruise one night. A fellow was wandering around with his youngster and was explaining to the poor boy how my car was a fiberglass kit car with a Volkswagen engine in it... "you can tell by the two exhaust pipes sticking out in the back"...

Fitty Toomuch likes this.
  29. RmK57

RmK57

I was stopped at an intersection in my 1958 Edsel Villager wagon waiting at a traffic light. There was an older pick up with a couple guys in it stopped on the opposite side. When the light turned green, we were passing by each other the passenger in the pick up sat up outside the window and yelled out over the roof " It wasn't a mistake!" An insult? I thought it was hilarious!
    I was going to the bar to pick up a 6-pack and I suspect those two had already downed one.

LAROKE likes this.
  30. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Not an insult ... had several questions like "Is that a Tucker?"

The_Cat_Of_Ages and hrm2k like this.