Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs New again in 2022!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Izzy755, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Hello everybody!!! Hope everyone is well. Im back after a long pause from building cars but now its time to get back at it. I was on here back around 2009-2010ish when I found my 1955 Ford Mainline in great shape. Turned out I am the 3rd original owner and had not been touched as far as motor and drivetrain. It still had the final inspection tag between the bellhousing and engine block! I did the 12 volt conversion while still running the stock gauges with the help of Radio Shack. Finally pulled the motor due to a weeping head gasket. Got the motor freshened up and painted. Then began doing the rust repair and body work making plans to paint it and what not....Then things got tough for the few years and the project was put on the back burner... Things have gotten better and now it's time to get back at it. This time Ive been planning on a 289 or 302 swap with a C4 and still looking for a matching rear end to cruise in. Nothing too crazy, just a nice cruiser. Maybe some mild customizing and a static drop... So, here we go... Looking forward to seeing people's projects come to life, sharing knowledge and stories and meeting new folks. Be well everybody and all the best!!

Izzy

walter, Just Gary, wicarnut and 2 others like this.
  2. It is good to have you back here on the H.A.M.B.

Izzy755 likes this.
  3. Thank you!! Missed this place!! Lol..

4. Izzy755 likes this.

5. Welcome back! Sounds like a neat car, although I could be slightly biased.

Izzy755 likes this.
  6. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm using an 8 inch from a Maverick in my '54 Ranch Wagon. 56 1/2" WMS to WMS which is very close to the measurement of the stock rear end. The spring perches need to be moved. If you can find a 9 inch from a '57 wagon it might be a bolt in width and spring perch wise but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Izzy755 likes this.
  7. AAaaahh! Interesting.. Thank you for the info!

8. goldmountain

goldmountain

How can someone be the 3rd original owner?

2OLD2FAST likes this.

9. Sounds a lot like the car my brother and I put together back in '68. 289 with a 3 speed toploader in this case. It really did work well but your choice to upgrade the rear end is wise. A little rough driving will take the original rear end beyond its limits. :eek:

Izzy755 likes this.
  10. The original owner sold it to the guy I bought it from.... He had bought for his wife back then and after his wife passed, it sat in a shed /garage for all those years till the grandson tried to restore it but lost interest...so, there it sat...The guy I bought it from got word about it and he bought and gave it a tune up drove it as his daily driver till he decided to sell it cuz he had too many projects in his backyard...lol

Attached Files:

mcsfabrication and harpo1313 like this.
  12. yea...kinda gotta find a good combo to cruise down the highway in these days where you gotta cruise around 65mph+ without me wearing out my middle finger from flipping off people honking at me...lol

13. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

The guy who bought it new was the original owner , then the second owner , then you ,the third owner ........:confused:

14. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Going with a 302 AOD combo with 3.50's

Izzy755 likes this.