Register now to get rid of these ads!

radir 12 spoke spindle mounts , anybody running them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, May 4, 2011.

1. abone1930

abone1930

One more question the tires which are tube type Coker if the car sits for a couple of weeks will they develop a flat spot?

2. If I had an 18x3 and a 15x5 I would be running them. ;) :D

I have never run a pair on a car that I owned, but I have put them on cars and have run them on bikes. I would not run them on a car other then a race car with a chute if I didn't have brakes.

3. 1/8" runout on a racing wheel sure doesn't make me warm and fuzzy. Mine spin true.

Odd shaped an bubbled tires with flat spots will play tricks with your eyes.

4. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

My set of wheels also ran true maybe check to see if the bearings are 100% seated. I planned to run without brakes but there are some good ideas posted here.
    DSC_0147.JPG

5. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Working on brakes for my Radirs

Attached Files:

mad mikey likes this.
  6. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Bringing this back from the dead..... what have you Radir 12 spokes folks done with tires/tubes/valve stems? I just got a pair of the wheels, and some bias ply motorcycle tires and tubes from Coker, and the valve stem diameter on the tube is rather large compared to the wheel. Are you guys running tubes? What's the scoop? I called Radir and left a message, but the wait is killing me. I want to get these mounted this weekend. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Tim, those look good, I wasn't sure which wheels you were talking about, so glad they aren't those bolt-on "spindle mounts".
    So, any progress on the car(s)?

Just Gary likes this.
  8. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Hey Doug,
    These were financially out of my reach for a long time, but eventually I just came to the conclusion that anything else will be 2nd rate, because I always envisioned my T with spindle mount wheels... I just took the LONG road to get there LOL.

Anyway, there's some progress going on. I will probably start a build thread on the 32 at some point and update the Belly Button thread. But it will be awhile. I like to give good, detailed posts capturing lots of things I wish others would capture in their posts, and that takes down time (at work LOL), and work has been crazy busy.

Essentially what's happening though, is I am cloning the drivetrain of the Belly Button and putting it in the 32, so I can keep spare parts to a minimum and it's easier to keep straight in my head. Also, all the cast-offs of the Belly Button are going on the 32. So while the Belly Button has been an expensive pet project, the 32 is comparatively very cheap. Nice to hear from you. Happy Holidays!

I think I reached the conclusion after a little digging that Coker sells one type of 18" motorcycle tire (EDIT: tire TUBE), that just so happens to have a valve stem too large for these wheels. I will measure the wheel valve stem diameter tonight when I get home, then find a tube that has that. Any input from anyone who's already been here and done it, feel free to chime in.

9. pnevells

pnevells

Cecil2021.JPG We have them on the Hilltown Shaker, no issues at all, we run a 3.50-18 metzler nostalgia motorcycle tire with tubes, survived many wheelies and 140MPH runs in a 1800 lb altered

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    Just Gary likes this.
  10. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Question to those that have the brake kit: are the spindle to caliper mounting brackets a standard thickness? Speedway is out of stock, and they have been for a long time. They do, however, have the brake kit for Chevy spindles, so my thoughts were, I could buy the Chevy spindle kit, and make my own brackets for Ford spindles. This is one of the last things gating me going for a drive...

Just Gary likes this.
  11. loudbang

loudbang