Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Your worst car insult by someone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Nov 20, 2021.

1. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

I get the same thing. Oh, wait, my license plate says TOWMATR and I had teeth in the grill, eyes in the windshield along with a fake wrecker boom. Plus Radiator Springs on the doors, no hood, missing one headlight, and a very large air cleaner. I couldn't go anywhere without someone shouting "Mater", both young and old. I saw 2 accidents happen where the drivers were looking at my truck and ran into another vehicle.
    I haven't driven it in a couple of years, but getting ready to just make it more like an old shop truck. My wife bought the truck for my birthday right before the first movie. We immediately made it into Mater and drove it to the Theater. Had lots of fun with it. Ron

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not an insult, people are trying to relate:

My '60 Falcon gets misidentified as any number of other makes and models, in a +/- 10-year range, that a relative or friend once had, just like it.

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  3. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I was sitting in my Bantam outside a store when a kid walking by looked up from his cell phone and said 'Is that electric?' Not really an insult, sign of the times. I said no, he went back to his phone and continued on.

Boneyard51 and billybones like this.
  4. Back in 2000 I had just painted my Model A using flattener and was very pleased how it turned out, one day my "a**hole" brother came by and looked at it and said "with a little work it should buff out ok", I almost punched him.

WB69, Elcohaulic and Boneyard51 like this.
  5. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

Years ago I took my old 55 Chrysler Mercury outboard replica to a car gathering at a museum in the roof top parking area. One old guy came up and said, is this yours? He then began a loud running criticism of the entire car he pointed out flaws in the paint, the poor condition of the chrome bumpers, etc. look at this look at that, as his angry rant continued a crowd gathered, when he finished, I said "does this mean yer not gonna buy it?" the guy just exploded and screamed "I wouldn't buy that f'n piece of shit! the crowd burst into laughter

6. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Them..."Oh, that's Fred Sanford's truck!" Me... "My truck is a 1949 Chevrolet, Fred and his son Lamont drove a Ford of the same era." Happens alllllll the time, ironically, less so now that my top is Bombay Ivory in color.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  7. Fingers

Fingers

They definitely handle, ride, and brake like no other car.

Ed hardenburgh and Elcohaulic like this.
  8. dan31

dan31

You should have told him that you have seen her work in both

9. Kind of buck-toothed and has a big ass, but I'll bet she's got a great personality!

j hansen likes this.
  10. 30-S6

30-S6

when I sold the Essex. the guy who bought it cut it up so much I kicked him off my property the first time after he drove 4 hrs one way eventually he payed for it but still a dink.
    the trans was no good, the motor was knocking , the rear end was no good, ect.. ect....
    he brought the car directly to his car show after he drove away from my place.

11. I guess i
    I 1956 buick wagon 006.jpg have pretty lucky no one has ever insulted any of my station wagons except once when I brought this one home and the wife say oh god not another one.LOL.Bruce.

12. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Had some resto geezer giving me. A hard time about not putting a flatly in my truck. I told him "I'm not that interested in turning money into boiling water" IMG_0500.jpg

D-Russ, Chicster, norms30a and 8 others like this.
  13. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Not an insult but I am perplexed when a grown man asks me what my car is. It happens quite a bit. 20211216_142403.jpg

14. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

My wife told a man who was showing off his nerf bars he had installed on his car, "Oh, I thought that was a bicycle rack"... the nerf bars were gone the next time I saw the car drive past the house.

Deuces, chevrolet50steve and loudbang like this.
  15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool "ckick", 50 something, tight jeans, black vinyl jacket at the gas station.
    Me in my '46 Ford Business Coupe.
    Her in a Chevy HHR.
    She yelled over to me...
    Hey! My car looks kinda like your car!
    WHAT?!?

Chili Phil likes this.
  16. I wonder if Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, Mazda etc. owners yell that at each other?

17. hepme

hepme

Houston, dallas competition is legendary. A friend's 55 chevy htop is painted in dallas colors, blue and white. Its a fantastic car, top shelf. At a car show, a guy walked up, looked at it, and said "all it needs now is a huge star painted on it." My Houston bud almost went to the hardware store for some blue rattlecan paint.

Deuces likes this.
  18. thehazguy

thehazguy

When I had my 64 Nova someone asked me if it was a Rambler. Nova-64-LS.jpg

Tickety Boo, Deuces and loudbang like this.
  19. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

Being the former owner/builder of a hot rod Rambler, I'm insulted that you were insulted.

Gary Rambler 001.jpg

20. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Spectator comment: "Boy, I really like Studebakers". !Vic34Shade.JPG

SpeedyAtkins, Lil32, dan c and 3 others like this.
  21. topher5150

topher5150

STOP CALLING IT A TRUCK. What part of this vehicle looks like a truck to you? It is a passenger vehicle, it has four seats and a trunk lid.

Deuces likes this.
  22. Deuces

Deuces

Those hurt my eyes and give me a bellyache..... :confused:o_O:rolleyes:;)

23. The word was they put heated back windows in a Kia.
    This was to keep hands warm while pushing it.

Boneyard51, X-cpe and norms30a like this.
  24. Utahvette

Utahvette

Had a guy walk up to my Vette at a show and look it all over. As I was siting behind the car he came up and asked me if it was mine. I said "yes" and he yelled "You ruined it!" , turned and walked away. Kinda rude I thought. 1172468_618100581545541_1046960106_o.jpg

25. Utahvette

Utahvette

I'm constantly getting people asking when am I gonna finish my 54. It's been done for 5 years! 1.jpg .

26. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

That was your opportunity and you blew it!

283john likes this.
  27. Utahvette

Utahvette

Overheard an expert tell his buddy that my 55 was really a lowrider and that I could set it down in the weeds with the flip of a switch if I wanted too.
    sucp_0701_06_z%201955_chevy_210%20wheels.jpg

elgringo71, Deuces, 41 coupe and 2 others like this.
  28. Utahvette

Utahvette

Sitting in a parking lot once in my Nomad and a guy pulls up to my door and rolls his window down and says " I love your car, I used to have one just exactly like this, What is it?". That wasn't really an insult. Just funny. I got lots of insults from girls about my Nomad. They often said it looked like a "creepy old hearse". I couldn't understand that one. It was red, not black. Maybe an Ambulance? CIMG6009.JPG

Boneyard51 and Deuces like this.
  29. Utahvette

Utahvette

A guy called my 57 Vette a T-Bird. Being a Chevy guy, that was an insult in my opinion. I asked him why he thought it was a Bird and he said "I've never seen a Corvette that color." DSCN3577.JPG

Shalamo, Deuces, X38 and 3 others like this.
  30. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ever see a video where a teen tries to make a call on a dial phone?

Deuces and mad mikey like this.