Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What are you working on this long weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 15, 2022.

1. My compulsory yard art photo of 2022. HRP

100_3456.JPG

2. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_1457.JPG

I Finally have gotten started on my tri power setup.
    I've got a 2400 watt heater I can plug into the plug for my welder it will bring the garage up to 14*C in about 2 hours. Not great but not bad.

Phil

3. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

206BCA90-4D57-4A9D-ABDD-EC59C9993E8A.jpeg DF91197D-4115-4992-8C0B-3A319188D1C6.jpeg What am I working on this weekend? Staying warm! Also assembling a Chevy small block.

4. That's about 57 degrees, that's a comfortable working temperature. HRP

VANDENPLAS and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  5. 58ducknut

58ducknut
    from ohio

image.jpg Trying to figure out how to fit everything under the dash of my 41 pickup ! image.jpg

6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You got to be REAL careful with ear infections.
    I had one about 5 years ago...lost some hearing in that ear and it REALLY fucked with my sense of balance, even to this day.

VANDENPLAS and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. I got my small job wrapped up, with the high winds the power flickered a couple of times but we never lost power,HRP

8. Holy crap man, take care of yourself, and get back to normal...uh...um...er... your usual self ASAP!

9. View attachment 5288822

I really like the color. HRP

Ace61 and 58ducknut like this.
  10. your correct .

The COVID was not that bad , just a fever and chills for 3 days.

yesterday I woke up with an ear ache, didn’t think much of it . EXCEPT I feel like I’m 6 beers deep !! I’m all wobbly and disoriented, dizzy and feel just “ off” went to the DR. And got some ear drops .

It’s funny as I’ll putter around the house amd I’m just pooped in no time . I just made some chilli in the slow cooker for dinner and I’m wiped I gotta take a nap .

my ear is plugged and it’s REALLY brought out my tinnitus.

someone answer that dang phone !!!!

this pic best describes how I feel right now
    09452170-1D7A-42E3-94FA-8AA9B49EB0D1.gif

11. partssaloon

partssaloon

Working on the 408 Windsor for the heart transplant in the 48 hoping to get to the dyno 20220106_122049.jpg this week.

12. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

fabing a lexan hood scoop. Been kicking the idea around of a permanent mount or just use for rain when we get caught in it. Still got some tweaking to do. 20210727_185238.jpg

13. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good on you for getting it checked right away!

Tough (dumb) guy that I am, I waited about a week to go to the Dr., until it got really bad. I figured I could "take care of it" myself with over-the-counter crap. Been paying for THAT brilliant move ever since:mad:.

I ended up with about 10 ear-flushes and almost a month on antibiotics:(.

VANDENPLAS and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  14. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I was going to Alan's annual chili party today so I didn't plan on working on my cars but due to the ice and snow I couldn't get out of my driveway.:mad:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    HOTRODPRIMER and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  15. John, I don't guess you talked to Alan but the chili part was postponed until next Sunday. HRP

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  16. lostviking

lostviking

Finishing the install and rebuild of this... installed 1.jpg

17. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Isn't it summer there? Just asking...

26 T Ford RPU and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  18. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

That reminds me of a girl I once knew!

But I'm much better now...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I'm running on slow !
    Got out after lunch and hooked up jumpers to the spare "Y" engine on the floor of garage,day before I hooked up a oil PSI gage,after I pulled the 8 plugs,give each cly a shot of WD40. Today gave it a spin,tell I saw oil psi come up !
    Maybe tommrow? I'll pull the valve covers,put a clean set of sparkplugs in,some fuel in carb. Try and temp start it,look for 8 cly fire,an oil in rockers. After cut the old oil fillter open for a look see.
    If it pass's the test; I'll take old auto tranny off,add my standard shift stuff { tranny nose bushing,Shaeffer alum fly an clutch set up},clean ,n paint block n heads yellow/ in a few days or soo?? Then finish pulling broken engine out,add this one.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  20. Have you been having problems with the engine Dana? HRP

dana barlow likes this.
  21. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sandblasted Epoxy primer off of 4 wheels. Jesus, that stuff is tough! I had to go get some more aggressive media and still it took 4 or 5 hours per wheel. I'm not doing that again any time soon. Powder coating sounded like a good idea 3 or 4 days ago.... If I was doing it over, I would have just paid my painter.

Anyway, it sure was better doing it in my blasting cabinet in my heated shop with the weather today. At least I'm finished.

dana barlow and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. Project engine rebuild is on hold while I try to shake being sick. I still wander out to the shop in hopes that some friendly elves may have come by to do some work. No such luck. :rolleyes:

6C6FCBAD-C9F6-4BB3-8FA2-1325891DC0E2.jpeg

23. squirrel

squirrel

putting new foam in some old seats.

seat foam 1.jpg

24. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll admit to being spoiled, in my last shop I had a natural gas heater and in two hours I'd be working in my tshirt:).

Phil

25. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

12/2021 > The crankshadf broke in my hotrod coming home from a show. just before Chirstmas,..
    So trying to put one of my extra "Y" blocks in,not like when younger ,I would of been driving by now.

26. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We had a bad storm go through a few weeks ago.....ruined five trees. I've cut them up (the neighbors take the firewood) but had the brush to burn. We had four or five inches of snow so I didn't have to worry about catching any of my things or the neighbors on fire.....that wood pile is just glowing embers now:) The breeze was out of the right direction...a good day and I didn't really have anything I wanted to work on in the shop anyway:)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Went to the park across the street from my house and watched a couple of baseball games. We grilled some burgers with s few friends at the park and enjoyed the 75 degree weather...
    It wasn't all that nice of a day. Had a mild Santa Ana blow through in the late afternoon and knocked over a couple of chairs...Not to worry, we picked them up and sat again.

28. HuskerNation

HuskerNation

Something newer than 1964, so I can’t say!

29. Dave, man you had it rough! :D HRP

hotrodjack33 and Flathead Dave like this.
  30. brading

brading

You do know how to take to take the Mick don't you. Laugh

Flathead Dave and HOTRODPRIMER like this.