Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMB auction - BobK’s cooler

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Anderson

Anderson

I bought this from Bob’s estate sale back when. I wanted to have something of his and while I bid on numerous other smaller items, this is what I ended up scoring. I have been glad to be the caretaker for the last couple years but it needs a new home as it just sits in a back room of the house. I know there are folks who were closer to Bob than I was who would probably value having it more than myself. And so with Ryan’s blessing I offer it up for a HAMB auction. It starts right now and ends next Friday, the 21st of January at 9:00pm central. If you don’t know the drill, the winner pays Ryan directly. Once he tells me we’re good to go, I’ll ship it out on my dime. Long live the roaming gnome!

027B2BCD-285C-4505-BA33-4A530C9E4DE8.jpeg DD18AB8B-CE10-401D-A7B9-7C5C0A4095A5.jpeg

2. I will start it at 50 bucks. HRP

3. riv63

riv63
    from Texas

I didn't know him personally but I will start at $100.00

hotrodjack33, fauj, Squablow and 2 others like this.
  4. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

5. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Oh man... I've drank beers out of that cooler, with Bob, a number of times.
    $175

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  6. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

7. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

So will this go like Hirohata Merc? :D:p:D

8. It might be fun to watch but will only mean something to those with 1st hand knowledge of Bob. I'm sure he means different things to different people but if you had lengthy conversations with him, it means something to you. :)

9. I wonder how many miles that cooler has on it! And if it could talk, imagine the amazing stories it would tell.

10. Anderson

Anderson

I bet there are a handful of folks who would like for that cooler to keep quiet haha

11. Lloyd, there is no doubt in anyone's mind that Bob was a road dog of the highest degree, I believe he drove over 5000 miles in the first three weeks of August in 2011.

I never shared a beer with Bob but we did share the same birthday, April 16th. HRP

12. I've sat for hours reading his posts, being a car guy myself, I could almost hear him talking. I had a buddy that that BobK reminds me of, he was a lot older than me, taught me a lot, but he died at 64. I could throw out a bid on Bob's cooler, but I don't deserve it, one of his personal friends should own it, and see that it keeps the journey going :D

13. Squablow

Squablow

I've still got a couple extra of these, which I got from PBRmeASAP (I think?) at the very estate auction that this cooler came from. I was lucky enough to know BobK and to acquire a ton of really cool stuff from said sale and I'm not in the running for this cooler, but if the winner of it wants one, just send me your address and I'll mail it out to you. Anderson if you want the other one to stick on your toolbox or something I'll send you one too, it's a smaller keepsake than a cooler.

20210623_194852_HDR.jpg

14. For sure, this guy must of also had a few brews out of that cooler.

Mr Bones.PNG

MR BONES
    Member, from Everywhere, Baby!!!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  15. I hope it does well for supporting the H.A.M.B. Bob was instrumental in getting me to go to Bonneville for the 50th meet in 1998. Subsequently I put a ton of miles on my old convert chasing Bob up and down, and out and back. Got a ton of great memories and the t-shirts.

16. Come on guys, you better start bidding. Do you really want this big fucking redneck from Ky that never had the privilege of meeting Bob to own his cooler? Because I'm sitting here watching. People pay stupid prices for new coolers, this cooler has HAMB history. Better bid it out of my price range!

17. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I hear you loud and clear Lloyd. 253824453_4684647158266655_5710520219434455184_n.jpg Whats your price range Lloyd?:D

Attached Files:

41 GMC K-18, OG lil E and Budget36 like this.
  18. Well, if you add up the cost of all the beer and ice that's been in that cooler, it could be as valuable as the mercury that everybody is talking about :D but as the old saying goes, I'll give what I have in my pocket for it ;)

hotrodjack33 and OG lil E like this.
  19. Anderson

Anderson

I feel it’s worth mentioning that I am not totally
    confident in this coolers ability to cool, not stink, or to hold water. But that’s not why you’re getting it anyway! If it works well, that’s a bonus.

20. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

If its the same cooler that BokK used to take to Bonneville.........I can vouch that it will keep a beverage nice and cold & if you drain the said cooler with the drain plug and don't put the drain plug back in after BobK has a few beverages......that the cooler will leak really cold water in the trunk of a convertible.

I sure do miss that old fella' and his calls from the road.

Chris

21. kevinrevin

kevinrevin
    from East Texas

I'll up the bid to two-fiddy.

($250.00)

22. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

"For sure, this guy must of also had a few brews out of that cooler.

[​IMG]

MR BONES"

Damn MR BONES, I haven't seen you in ages.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  23. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

24. Anderson

Anderson

The auction ended Friday night as stated. Kevinrevin is the winner.

Mr48chev and pprather like this.
  25. kevinrevin

kevinrevin
    from East Texas

To those who knew BobK, what brand of beer did he drink? I'll keep a couple of them in the cooler wherever it goes.

26. I've seen a lot of pictures of him holding the best beer made.... Miller Lite :D

Boneyard51 likes this.
  27. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your HALF right Lloyd...but LITE? What are you, a girl or something?

[​IMG]

28. You're funny