Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Pics of 58 Impala roof vents in customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by williebill, Jan 14, 2022.

1. williebill

williebill

I've seen and liked these for years, but now that I'm about to cut a hole in my roof to install one, I can't find any decent pics in my pic stashes or albums. I want to see how far away from the back window folks install them, and the difference between using the full length of the scoop, or shortening it. I remember seeing them almost up against the window rubber, and also a few inches forward. I was lucky enough to buy a roof section and vent maybe 20 years ago, when there was a place parting 58's in Minnesota or Wisconsin, I think. Thanks, Bill

2. loudbang

loudbang

3. loudbang

loudbang

Here is one way they did it. :)

1.jpg

4. williebill

williebill

Thanks! I know how Chevy did it in 58:D. I've seen, but not in decent pics, of the vent moved up on the roof up to a few inches, and the scoop to shortened different lengths, but not very many, and not good enough pics to really see. Spent a while last night looking through a bunch of Customs Illustrated, but most shots only show the front of the car. Thanks for the response! Still looking!

loudbang likes this.

5. loudbang

loudbang

There are some in here:https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/kustoms-blues-i-need-to-see-some-kustoms.946075/

But there is a bunch of photos to go through.

williebill likes this.