Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Grand National Roadster Show 2022 Covid Protocols

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blues4U, Jan 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Just a heads up for anyone heading to the GNRS later this month. The Pomona Fairplex resides within Los Angeles County, and each county within the state sets their own covid guidelines and protocols. In addition to a state wide mandate that calls for the use of face masks in any indoor venue, including restaurants, theaters, sports arena's, bars/clubs, etc; the county of Los Angeles has issued their own protocols that require proof of vaccination or proof of negative covid test results to enter any indoor facilities; so if you are staying in the area and plan to dine out or go out to any entertainment or whatever, you're going to have to provide that information. Places that follow the protocols (and most do) check at the door; no proof, no entry.

Note that Riverside, San Bernardino and Orange Counties, which are all within short driving distance of the Fairplex do not have the same protocols (except for the state wide mask mandate). You could stay in one of those counties to avoid this mandate, but you're still going to need it to attend the show, keep reading.

LA County also has the same Vax/Test Result requirements for large outdoor events of over 10,000 people, but starting on Jan 15 the threshold is being lowered to 5,000. This will be in effect during GNRS, you will need either proof of vaccination or negative covid test within 1 to 2 days depending on the type of test performed (antigen or PCR) to gain entry into the event. I just looked up the Rod Shows website for the event, and as of this morning it doesn't look like they've put any information about this on the site. I also looked at the Pomona Fairplex website for GNRS and it doesn't show any info on this either. I only know about this because the Pomona Swapmeet being held this weekend sent out a notice by email alerting people about the rules that will be enforced. Below is the verbage straight from the email:

"The L.A. County Department of Public Health issued an updated Health Order. Beginning January 15, 2022 attendance thresholds for outdoor mega events have been lowered from 10,000 to 5,000 attendees. This new order requires all employees and attendees of large outdoor events of 5000 or more to provide a negative covid test OR proof of vaccination to attend. "

5fc3c6e2-85ef-738c-a25c-9883fdd451bb.png

I'm only posting this for information, so people who have travel plans coming in from out of the area know about it ahead of time. Please don't turn this into a bitch session about the rules, like them or not. Ryan has made it pretty clear he won't tolerate it, and it'd be great to not have this thread deleted, so folks that need to see this have a chance to be forewarned.

Also, I assume it's the same everywhere, but locally tests are hard to come by right now, people that need tests to go to work or to school (many school districts are requiring it for students) are waiting hours inline, and that's IF they can find a place that has the test. So if you plan to just get the test locally that may be problematic. Of course, if you're flying in from out of state (or out of country) you're having to deal with this for air travel as well.

2. Thanks man. I’m vaxed up and ready to go.

51 mercules and 210superair like this.
  3. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Always good to have a heads up, especially if traveling far to attend an event. Good on you blues.

Blues4U likes this.
  4. unforgiven

unforgiven
    from East Tn

Not that I can attend but it’s good to know the rules before you get there and find out you either don’t like the rules or can’t abide by them for some reason.

For many people it is a great expense to get there. Would be a shame to get to the door and be turned away because you didn’t know.

Hopefully there will be some great pictures posted of the show.

Blues4U likes this.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey fellas. I believe in vaccinations, science, etc… you might not and I respect your opinion. However, the hamb isn’t the place for it.

Chili Phil, sodbuster, rod1 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.