Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oct.17th Pomona Requirements to enter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ssaza25, Sep 26, 2021.

1. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

FYI-- Got an e mail from Pomona swap meet about up coming requirements to enter for Oct. 17th. Just want to pass it on. Some people will be up E1036AE0-8F27-471A-9E28-C0DFA375978B.jpeg set as they will not be allowed to enter. Please read the e mail I got from the swap meet.

Deuces and squirrel like this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

October 17, 2021 most people will have spent their money in Hershey Pennsylvania. Guess there won't be any trouble keeping 6 feet away from anyone in that empty lot.

3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never seen an empty lot at Pomona

4. oldsman41

oldsman41

Few people west of the Mississippi go to Hershey just like few go to Pomona from the east side. Pomona will be packed as usual imo

5. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

Last one was sold out and packed with people, not everyone goes to Hershey. I had talked to some lady from the swap meet, sounded like there is a lot of people pissed off.

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  6. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The rules are the rules. You may not like them but its just like the rules for the drags, or Trog, or Bonneville, etc. You either follow them or you don't race. No debate. The problem as I see it is not the requirement but that a bunch of people may show up and not know about the requirement and won't be allowed in. People come form a long way to Pomona so hopefully the word will get out or there will be some pissed off people.

7. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Also received one. Too bad L.A. County had to place a mandate across the board but sometimes it has to be done.
    I'm sure all "sellers" received the notice. Word has probably spread like crazy by now so I hope those that come from a distance will not be surprised.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    51504bat and Deuces like this.
  8. Guess that will apply to football games, etc in the area as well. Easier to prevent something, rather than try to fix it later.

hemihotrod66, 51504bat and Deuces like this.
  9. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

That's asinine! You ever sat in line to get in to Pomona? And that's with something as simple as paying an entrance fee. Now they're going to have to check papers on everybody???? People can't even get their wallets and money out, now they're going to have to also show papers to get in? Wow, what a fucking nightmare! I predict total disaster.

10. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

You are correct, last meet was backed up for a mile or more in both directions at 3:00 am to get in. I have several spaces-- Not going!!

Blues4U and TA DAD like this.
  11. rlsteel

rlsteel

12. wvenfield

wvenfield

In the last month I've seen Sam Bush and Todd Snider. Both had similar requirements. Both venues were very apologetic but said they had no choice and both offered refunds. I bought these tickets in 2019 and both were artists I've want to see for awhile.

I had the choice to bitch and moan or get out to two great shows. I went and by the attendance, so did most others.

lurker mick likes this.
  13. RmK57

RmK57

Reminds me of the Yogi Berra quote " Nobody goes their nowadays, it's to crowded".

chopped likes this.
  14. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

Can I have one of your spaces...?

51 mercules likes this.
  15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

gotta do what ya gotta do

lurker mick and 51 mercules like this.
  16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Did anyone show up? Photos? Short report?

17. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

I am assuming this requirement is because it is a state owned facility?
    I was at the Long Beach Model T swap meet and the huge (and really packed) monthly Long Beach antiques market this summer and their were no requirements of any type.
    Since GNRS and LARS are at the same place as the Pomona swap meet, I assume they will have the same requirements as well unless the state changes their mandates?

18. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I believe it is an LA County requirement, it may be new since the Model T swap meet this summer.

2Blue2 likes this.
  19. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

I was at Pomona and it looked about 50-60% of normal vendors and attendees were there. Weather was great..swap turned out OK. People blaming or getting angry with the Pomona swap staff about these regulations are true morons. The staff are the same people I've been seeing for years...just doing their job. The rules come from the LA County who owns the property.

Long Beach is its own city with its own health department so they make their own rules. The Long Beach swapmeet started off months ago with ridiculous restrictions...masks everywhere..they even had signs saying which way people had to walk on each aisle. They had stands all over the place with hand sanitizer. Long Beach swap handed out a sheet of paper with Corona rules....first swap back from Corona lockdown..from memory went something like this. "Don't let buyers linger....dont let them touch the item.... the seller is the only one who can handle the item" I wish I had kept that flyer..it was absurd. I don't try to make sense out of any of the rules because they don't make any. Thankfully over the last few months Long Beach has softened quite a bit. No masks and they've given up dictating which way people can walk. Again..I don't blame Long Beach swap staff...the rules came from the Health Department of Long Beach. The Long Beach swap lately has pretty much normal attendance...both vendors and attendees.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    mitch 36, rpm56 and Sky Six like this.
  20. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

FYI- got an Urgent Udate e mail yesterday from Pomona swap-- the masks and proof of vacs or neg. covid is back on again starting Jan 15th--

21. Fogger

Fogger

I hope the GNRS website makes this announcement so people are prepared.

22. Fogger

Fogger

Just got this from a club member. The show isn't being very informative about what attendees will be required for entrance. IMG_6051.PNG

Jalopy Joker and abe lugo like this.
  23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Just sitting here… minding my trigger finger… :)

sodbuster, rod1, Anderson and 2 others like this.
  24. More than likely not.

25. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Yeah, I got this email from the show organizers today:

URGENT UPDATE
    Required for January 16, 2022 Swap Meet;
    -Negative Covid Test OR Proof of Vaccination
    -Mask

The L.A. County Department of Public Health issued an updated Health Order. Beginning January 15, 2022 attendance thresholds for outdoor mega events have been lowered from 10,000 to 5,000 attendees. This new order requires all employees and attendees of large outdoor events of 5000 or more to provide a negative covid test OR proof of vaccination to attend. Given the choice of canceling the Pomona Swap Meet this Sunday on such late notice, or complying with local laws, we believe it is in the best interest of our vendors and customers to proceed with the show. This means complying with the new Health Order. We apologize for all the inconveniences this may cause. Please call us at 714-538-7091 with any questions prior. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time!

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  26. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I replied to the email thanking them for sending out the notice. This was on my calendar and I was planning on attending, it was good to get this information now rather than finding out when I showed up at 5:30 a.m.. I got this reply back from them:

"Thank you!! This is definitely not something we want to be doing. Unfortunately, the other option is canceling and I don't think that's good for our vendors, employees, spectators or business. Take care and thanks for understanding."

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  27. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Just a heads up, same rules will be in effect for GNRS....

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  28. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Wonder if this applies tothe Turlock swap meet?

29. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I doubt it, but it differs by county. Check the local county rules. Pomona is in LA County, so they are governed by LA County rules. Next door here in Orange County we don't have the same rules. They vary by county.

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  30. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Blues4U - Thanks for posting info - could you possibly start a thread about G.N.R.S. with info you have posted here? Guessing that there are plenty of people that are planning to go that will not be aware of new regulations until they show up at gate.

40ragtopdown, The37Kid and Blues4U like this.