Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Home Made Windshield Visor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hdonlybob, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Been wanting a windshield visor for my '49 ford Coupe for some time, but not willing to pay the high prices..
    So been thinking about making my own..
    Anyone here done that ??
    I have a pair of fiberglass bubble skirts I have been thinking of cutting up to make one..
    Any help or pics would be appreciated.
    Tks much..

dana barlow likes this.
  2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

@Hdonlybob ,

I'd think about starting with a long, relatively narrow piece of cardboard and make a pattern you can easily 'tweak' to get the shape/contour you want. From there, either size up your bubble skirts or some sheet metal (can be two pieces .. left and right). You can do it!

Ray

3. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Some ideas !!!
    Fab up,with some show card/poster card, and tape.start by mocking up some corner brackets,something like you can see in adds for the big $ for sale. Then make your self the pattern for metal sheet of visor [steel or alum] with bends needed. This could be decrated with a beadroller to add stiffest an more pro look. Too get a look you like.
    You can add chrome trim around your home made visor,for a pro finished look. By using something like this;
    Most auto parts stores have auto door edge/chrome plastic "C" moldings. For nice looking edges.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    Hnstray likes this.
  4. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

5. 78290C80-D862-498C-9388-025975E976EC.jpeg C9971937-4554-4481-937B-8E048966D1C0.jpeg

If you got the skills can’t be that hard

There’s one 4 sale in the classified for $400 bucks