Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Moonglow

Moonglow

@rudestude, you’re right about fiber optics. The LED headlight and tail light kit I bought is meant for an RC car, and came with some fiber optic cable, which I'm sure meant for side marker lights.

I’m thinking about using fiber optics on my 1/28th scale B-24 project, for wing marker lights, etc. They’re great for tight spaces. I wanted to keep this build totally portable, thus my choice of LEDs and battery power.

My bucket list includes a trip to Bonneville. I’d love to shoot some photos of this project on the actual salt flats.

I like really the Christmas shopping picture you’ve painted. I remember those days too!

Cheers,
    David

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    rudestude and Deuces like this.
  2. John Barker

John Barker
    from So. CA

That red ‘65 Comet cammer model is mine (along with the stock copper ‘60 Impala, the red/gold Northwind 62 Bel Air and the silver Landy ‘64 Dodge) all posted above by Dueces. Reading this thread made me laugh when I discovered that one of my car models caused an argument to break out on a forum that I didn’t even post on! I’ll take that as a compliment I guess….
    I believe I mounted the two Fireball Resin Holley carbs correctly on this model - here are two photos of the actual car (with Dyno Don performing his own adjustments) which I used as a reference when I built this model. If anyone disagrees, set me straight and I’ll do better on the next dual carb cammer that I build! Model on, John
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Deuces

Deuces

Nope! You did it right the first time.... Thank you John... you did a beautiful job on those models..... :):):)

4. John Barker

John Barker
    from So. CA

Thanks Dueces. I’m flattered that you repost my models here on HAMB and hope to have more sixties super stockers to share in the coming months. I’ve built +20 in the last two years and hope to build another 5-10 more before I run out of kits and decals. I also build aircraft, ships and occasionally an AFV but autos are my favorite- they’re cheap, fast and don’t take up much space. Sometimes the hardest part is getting all four wheels to touch the ground! Model On!

5. John - Your work and attention to detail is second to none.

6. Deuces

Deuces

Post more if have them please... Thanks bud!....:);)

lothiandon1940 and Moonglow like this.
  7. Moonglow

Moonglow

@rudestude, do you happen to know what was used for the carpet finish/material on the Ambassador?

All very nicely done...
    David

lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  8. rudestude

rudestude

No I don't , but I will try to find out......actually I wouldn't mind finding out where my posts went to....I did post some pictures of models ....didn't I?
    Confused

Moonglow and Deuces like this.
  9. Moonglow

Moonglow

Looks like the modern wheel police have been on the job again. This standard isn’t always applied consistently. Just yesterday, I saw a photo in a different thread of a 1:1 classic car with circa 1990’s wheels.

“Better put your bullet back in your pocket Barney”

HJmaniac and Deuces like this.
  10. rudestude

rudestude

Apparently factory rally wheels are not allowed either?
    Why this thread all of a sudden....this person? Come on strong a couple or so months ago and bam....before that and even since then there's been, in his eyes "offensive wheels" , all along ...factory rally wheels most all GM and Mopar muscle cars have them....I can under stand the "Big wheels"... with today's after market "modern " wheels ...non big wheels...that duplicate mag or modern wheels from back in the day,60's/70's like old spindle mounts and the modern versions having lug nuts ...thats excepted....look at most all the gassers on this site.
    I noticed that I had posted a couple of the ones that just got erased before pre-patrol time with no problems....I don't know, they got the badge , so I guess nobody else matters...its hard to fight city hall.
    Life goes on ,usually, and so will I....but it will be some place else for awhile....this place is getting to be a bummer man.
    Peace

quick85, HJmaniac and Deuces like this.
  11. Moonglow

Moonglow

@quick85,

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

quick85, rudestude and HJmaniac like this.
  12. Mike-model

Mike-model

Guys, just like to show cars done in 2021. A good modeling year. First introduced to the larger, 1:16 scale..no looking back now.

2 vintage FED replicas, and one Fuel Altered replica. All brass, no styrene on these models.
    Well, the rear wheels...dang Covid has my real metal source blocked presently.

-IMG_3995.jpg -IMG_3804.jpg -IMG_4004.jpg -IMG_4007c.jpg -IMG_4007d.jpg -IMG_3469.jpg -IMG_3730.jpg 1b.jpg 2.jpg 9.jpg -IMG_4713.jpg -IMG_4718.jpg -IMG_4758.jpg -IMG_4936.jpg

Have a great 2022.
    Mike..

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  13. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Hello folks! i had completely forgotten about This thread. worked a lot of 12 hr days and 6-7day weks the last few years. Recently retired so have a little extra time. Maybe i can get back to building some models.
    With that said i just got a Tonka p.u. truck I know its not a model per say, but i want to make a copy of a friends full size. It is approx.. 12-14" long. I need some kind of custom wheels/tire as the ones on it are the standard knobby type wheels. You guys know of any larger scale after market(lol) suppliers. I would guess it is about 1/18. I know it would be easier to help if i had pic, but being an analog man i can't post pic.................yet. Any help will be appreciated.

14. rudestude

rudestude

You would probably have better luck on one of the vintage toy threads...
    All I would come up with is checking Rc cars sources or a walk down the isles of toy departments in your local wm or hobby shops
    Good luck
    Just curious but what truck did you get that is like your friends..I have or have had several tonka trucks and tonka seems to favor Fords and Jeep as there models of vehicles.
    What kind of truck is your friends?

Deuces and HJmaniac like this.
  15. rudestude

rudestude

Xxxxx2 and more.

Mike-model likes this.
  16. Mike-model

Mike-model

This one is on schedule for the paint shop fairly soon. A 1:16 nasty Fiat.

-SAM_0204.jpg -SAM_0253.jpg -SAM_0265.jpg -SAM_0267.jpg -SAM_0229.jpg -SAM_0231.jpg -SAM_0232.jpg -SAM_0243.jpg -SAM_0275.jpg -SAM_0277.jpg

17. Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  18. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Yeah i was going back to hobby shop. Its real "close" to 58 ford p.u. If you squint your eyes.

Moonglow and rudestude like this.
  19. rudestude

rudestude

If you can ...do a google search....vintage tonka trucks....or...custom tonka trucks...
    Amazing examples of what your wanting to do.
    It's got me wanting to drag some of mine out , and .....ah I got to much other stuff going on ...maybe latter.
    Have fun.

Moonglow, quick85 and Deuces like this.
  20. 41fordor

41fordor

Me too! But all my kits may violate Ryan's rule...especially M-word funny cars. I built a sorry rendition of the Blue Max as a kid and just got a new one on epay. I'll practice my airbrushing skills again,

Moonglow and Deuces like this.
  21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Have you tried customizing Hot Wheels?

22. Lil32

Lil32

23. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A bit more progress on the Caddy . 8E0497B5-AF03-4C32-9D18-AD30ED2A70A4.jpeg

24. philo426

philo426

I made one like that! IMG_20210928_122054924_HDR.jpg

40two, The 39 guy, Sancho and 13 others like this.
  25. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. philo426

philo426

27. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

28. Moonglow

Moonglow

Made some progress this weekend.

The shifter is now in place. It activates the flathead straight six sound card when pushed forward. I also made room for the 9V (lighting) battery under the hood. This was a real pain in the ass, as I had to move the sound card bracket further over to the right make room. There is barely room for all this gear, but it fits. As an old friend of mine used to say... "It's tighter than a Nat's ass stretched over a rain barrel".

Here's the video of the shifter/sound card function:

I'm also heavily leaning to the dash inspiration photo below. I like the angled large oval gauge cluster, and the overall grimy hand built vibe. The base dash is in place and the steering column and steering wheel are mocked up roughly in position.

Happy Sunday Modeling!
    David

_Dash_InspirationA.jpg __01-16-2022_progressA.jpg __01-16-2022_progressB.jpg __01-16-2022_progressC.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  29. Acres

Acres
    from Sweden

I got myself an real Buick 50 and ofcourse i were thinking of building a model of that kind, but that car doesent exist as a model kit.
    So 8-9 years ago i decided to make a own version, the plan were to build the jetback model with a kustom touch
    Started with a Chevy fleetline wich i cut the front off, replaced it with a front of a Mercury, scratchbuilt new bodyshape matching the Buick, chopped the roof leaned the b pillars. frenched and shaved, front bumper and grille i bought from modelhaus, rear bumper interior and whole chassi comes of the Merc.
    No Buick without a straight eight, after some thinking i took two Chevy sixes and built me an eight with a dual intake.
    The pics ain´t the best, gonna take some new ones showing interior/chassi
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MO_JUNK, 40two, simplestone and 19 others like this.
  30. Acres

Acres
    from Sweden

Around 10 years ago i were looking for a Lincoln 40-41 Zephyr coupe modelkit, same as Buick they don´t exist, i think the Lincoln coupe got amazing potential to be real nice kustom.
    I saw pics of Timo Herstis real green Lincoln kustom and got blown away.
    Only kit i found, old Monogram Lincoln Continental, that convertible looks really awful, but it were a start.
    Started to searching of a nice coupe roof with a split rear window wich i think looks nice, ended up with a Willys coupe.
    Started to cut it apart, chopped it a bit and scratchbuild the whole rear of the car and, instead of running boards i reshaped them and intergrated them to the body, made a set of skirts for it, sprayed it in a maroon red metallic
    Haven´t got any pics of it finnished, but i´m gonna take it out and shoot a few new ones for you
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kit Bash, 40two, simplestone and 22 others like this.