Register now to get rid of these ads!

So... I've turned into the crotchety old man down the street who builds birdhouses.

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by ccain, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Two years ago in the fall, we got a Glowforge, which, for those unfamiliar is a laser cutter. You can do some neat stuff with it. I love building 3d objects from 2d material.

I used my graphics program to draw up the layers then cut everything out of 1/8" medium density fiberboard, then glued it all together. Smeared on a splash of paint, and Robert is your mother's brother. :cool:

I'm gonna make some more of these, plus my wife wants me to make a string of birdhouses kinda like a blue marlin birdhouse but instead of it being traditional blue marlin house style, she wants birdhouses that look like the Painted Ladies in San Fran.

I'm really kinda stuck on cars and trucks right now. Gonna make more birdhouses and maybe a couple of pickup trucks she can put small flowerpots in the bed of. I dunno know.

Heres the first of what is hopefully more to come. But never fear, they're all going to be HAMB friendly. :D This one just squeaks under the wire I suppose. We're gonna call it a '65 with a '66 grille. :D

It is far from perfect. This was a "proof of concept" build so I kinda rushed it. The paint could stand a touch up here and there, and some of my paint boarders could be more crisp, but just like my real Ford truck, it looks god from a few feet away. :rolleyes::D:D:D

Anyway, here's pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    FYI: Never put a perch on your birdhouses because it's a real handy thing for predators to hold onto while they gobble up baby birds. ;)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    A Boner, Okie Pete, rc57 and 22 others like this.
  2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet

X-2 and ccain like this.
  3. hfh

hfh
    from Western MA

Very nice! It’s all about having fun and being creative.

X-2 and ccain like this.
  4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Neat! Get that Etsy side hustle money and those start looking like speed parts pretty fast!

X-2 and ccain like this.

5. Very Cool! Check out the Bird House thread on the HAMB Antiquated form. Lots of good ideas on there. You could add your pictures on there too. :)Thanks 394.jpg

Okie Pete, wicarnut, X-2 and 2 others like this.
  6. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Hell I'd be happy just being known as the
    CROTCHETY OLD MAN DOWN THE STREET!
    Lol

VANDENPLAS, X-2 and ccain like this.
  7. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Having just retired, I have put up 2 bird feeders. crap now I got to have one of these. Thats cool!!

X-2 and ccain like this.
  8. That's pretty f'ing cool!

X-2 and ccain like this.