Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Finally My '26 Chevy Roadster Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Six Ball, Jul 23, 2016.

1. grumpy gaby 2

grumpy gaby 2

Boy isn't that the truth!

Six Ball and loudbang like this.
  2. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

Heres a pic of my 27 shell with rad for reference 20220106_121054.jpg

3. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Thanks, that's a nice one!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    Stogy, loudbang and oliver westlund like this.
  4. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

You bet, your projects super cool, hope you can get it on the road in 2022! Im usimg 27 chev capitol quarters and cowl on my roadster, building from a slightly different angle than yours but cant wait to see yours come together, subscribed!

Six Ball likes this.
  5. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

Side note, for the grill home depot and amazon have a ton of options like this, wouldnt be "correct" but would be better than aluminum fins and some are kind of deco patterned Screenshot_20220107-084345_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20220107-084321_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Six Ball likes this.
  6. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

7. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Thanks, I saw one somewhere that looked like honeycomb. I may use that if I have to. I don't mind the look if radiator fins but I think a good sized grasshopper would go all the way through the radiator I got. It may make it through mockup. :rolleyes:
    At least I know now that an aftermarket '32 Ford highboy is very close and there are some quality ones out there. Just don't tell anyone I may use a Ford part. :eek:

How far are you into your roadster build? Pictures?

8. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

I am just getting started, got a 25 dodge touring body front half, 27 chev capitol quarters, 27 chev rad and shell and the rest is model a. Im calling it the triple crest roadster for obvious reasons. I have the 27 chev cowl and i will use parts of it 20220103_202904.jpg

Lil'Alb, Okie Pete, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  9. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

That looks pretty good! Fits together well.

10. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

Thanks! Yeah just lucky. Local yard owner said "Cpl hundred bucks and you can take what you need for a roadster." So i went out and set stuff together thay made sense in my head and seemed to mostly fit together, should be a cool custom! Ill be watching yours come together! Keep the fires lit! Its easy to start finding reasons to not go to the shop

Stogy and Six Ball like this.
  11. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I'm lucky mine was together before. All the body parts know each other. :D

12. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

Yeah mine needs more clamps and tack welds!

Stogy, loudbang, r2c1 and 1 other person like this.
  13. r2c1

r2c1

Oliver.. That looks like a great combination. Mine is all Chevrolet body panels, but not from a roadster. Sorry Six ball for jumping in on your build thread . Hope you are still working on it. Ron

Stogy, TFoch, Six Ball and 2 others like this.
  14. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

Thanks! Sounds cool! Yeah back to six balls car! Lets see some progress pics!

Stogy, r2c1 and Six Ball like this.
  15. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Not an issue guys. Chevy roadsters inspire me. Maybe I'll get something done.

Stogy, loudbang, r2c1 and 3 others like this.
  16. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Nothing much on the roadster though I did pick up a pair of wheels I may use on the rear, a better set of front drums, & a backup front axle in case I ruin mine. The silver lining of the dead friends' clouds. Helping families go through their stuff has motivated me. If I'm going to get the roadster done I must do some major cleaning. What little space I had left disappeared after the first two friends died. If everyone else I know kicks the bucket I'm not bringing anything else home! I may haul some stuff to add to their junk the families would never know.:rolleyes:
    I have made some progress in the shop by cleaning 16' of the work bench and the wall behind it. I replaced a piece of window glass that I had Mobile Oil sign over for years. I fixed a magnifying light that's been broken for years. I built a shelf & added hangers for several of my Milwaukee cordless tools & batteries. I've been sorting everything & disposing of junk as I go. I sawed up some 2x4s that were laying around to make furring strips for hanging pegboard on the wall behind the bench.Today I got almost all of them nailed up. Hopefully I can get the pegboard up this weekend and start organizing some of what I had to just move but now I have room for deeper sorting. There is still about another 6' of bench to clean and a set of cabinets to clear out.
    When I get this side done I'll move to the opposite wall and do a lot the same there. It's only a beginning but all this crap is keeping me from enjoying a pretty well equipped little shop and building a really cool roadster.:D
    100_0604 2.JPG 100_0605 2.JPG 100_0611 2.JPG 100_0609 2.JPG 100_0612 2.JPG

17. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

You did good!

Stogy, Six Ball and loudbang like this.
  18. grumpy gaby 2

grumpy gaby 2

Sickum! Go get em! You are doing GREAT!

Stogy, Six Ball and loudbang like this.
  19. Now the challenge is keeping the workbenches cleared off, within a week mine looks like they were never cleared it at all and no room to work again ,,,

Stogy, Jet96, Six Ball and 2 others like this.
  20. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Thanks! encouragement is good! It's a lot tougher gettin up on the bench to get to the wall than it was when I built it.:(
    Keeping it clean will be a problem especially if it is the only viewable flat space in the shop as it is now. I'll have to use it for sorting but have promised myself that it will be clear at the end of every day. I'm hoping to be able to get rid of some tool boxes as well as some low grade tools. I'll assemble a tool kit for every vehicle like i used to have. Some of those found their way into the shop. When I clear the rest of the bench & the chassis table I'll have the upper hand. I have a 16x24 man penthouse above the shop that looks much the same. I have to get rid of a lot of stuff. Friggin' hoarder, Good thing I didn't have 1000 acres! :eek: Good 'ol eBay here it comes right back where I got it from! :rolleyes:

21. Yeah , I have been doing much the same !!!
    If it's not a quality tool ,off it goes to the scrap steel bucket . I'll bet I have a 100 screwdrivers , 5 pop rivet guns ,10 oil filter removers , 10 measuring tapes ( but try to find one LOL)
    Goes on and on , small car parts I know somebody out there is looking for !!! Cant throw them out !!! LOL
    It never ends 6 ball ...
    Any flat surface in the shop has something sitting on it ,from the breaker panel to the motor on the compressor ....
    Good Luck to ya
    The next time my shop will be clean ,is when the kids fill up the bin ...

22. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Flat surface? I had stuff sitting on stuff sitting on the stuff that was near the stuff close to the stuff sitting on flat surface.:eek: There are busted parts that could be fixed, worn out parts that could be rebuilt. Parts I can no longer identify mixed with treasure. I think some may have been deposited by the Knights Templar on their way to Oak Island. It will be a process for sureo_O

oliver westlund, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  23. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

What I got done today isn't noticeable in a picture but I took some of what is yet to be tackled. If you don't hear from me in a couple of days send in the cadaver dogs! :eek: I don't know why these pictures are so fuzzy? 100_0619.JPG

100_0617.JPG

100_0618.JPG

24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The amount of details are tough for the camera to focus on...but it's good to get into the archives of life...it's time...;)

One incredibly Traditional thing many of us here can lay claim to tidy or not...I'm one of them...I'm in a stagnant moment with it right now...:oops:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
  25. grumpy gaby 2

grumpy gaby 2

I feel your pain!

loudbang, Stogy and Six Ball like this.
  26. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

It is getting something done which is better than getting nothing done or shoving more stuff in there. Headed into town to get some pegboard and a little hardware. I'll have to buy gas. :( Maybe some beer.:) I know I can do this. There was NOTHING here when I started. It's all my fault. I built it all and filled it up. Every silver lining has a cloud! 100_0332.JPG :D

27. Twisted6

Twisted6

Nice shop and no one close by from the looks of it and that's a bigger plus in my book.

28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Look out for snakes...:eek:

Six Ball and loudbang like this.
  29. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Last June I killed 7 rattle snakes from the wood pile behind the Jeep to the barn in the background. But I'd rather have snakes than neighbors. The closest one of them is 3 miles away. :)

oliver westlund, Stogy and TFoch like this.
  30. Wish there was a woodpile for talking snakes !!!

Six Ball and Stogy like this.