Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with IDing this car.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod55, Aug 23, 2006.

1. HotRod55

HotRod55
    from Omaha,NE

Hello all, I have a chance to buy this car and want to make sure I know what I am getting and what parts availability is like. I was told it is a 36 Chevy with a GM front end underneath it and Small Block Pontiac motor that hasnt run in 20 years, but ran when parked. :)

I think it is a Standard with some sort of Trunk attachment on it. Most of the 36 chevys I see have the "hump". But this one looks like it is a removable trunk section. Can anyone help with IDing this?

P.S. I know this question is really open ended, but is $1000 a fair price? The body is surface rust but really solid overall.

Here are some pics. Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. the-rodster

the-rodster

3. HotRod55

HotRod55
    from Omaha,NE

4. the-rodster

the-rodster

I dunno, I've never seen one like that either.

Rich

5. rainh8r

rainh8r

Chevrolet made models with and wothout the "hump", so if one needed a trunk and didn't have one, you made something work. If it is a standard, it is probably filled with structural wood, as 36 was the last year for the wood/steel body. Check the doorposts and lower body frame-my old 36 had wood in both places, while some of the late production models didn't. Also check to see if there is still a model tag on the firewall that gives you all the info on the year/make/body.

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

1936 sedan.

[​IMG]

1935 Chevy Master sedan. Trunk is not an add on.

[​IMG]

1935 Master with no trunk..

To me it looks like a 35 Master or a 36 with an aftermarket add on trunk. All the bustle back Chevys that I've ever seen were one piece stampings. That one looks like an add on kit for the coach body style.

If it is an add on trunk that has to be pretty rare. The Potter trunk for the 34 Ford sedans is a highly sought after item that is similar to this one. I've never seen one for a Chevy.

7. If you don't buy it for a GRAND, I will. That is awesome! Nice find.