Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Pork-N-beans gone Hollywood! Extra extra

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Austin kays, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Austin kays

Austin kays

Was reading threw #52 of the rodders journal and I stop in my tracks and see our very own Hoodlum @porknbeaner right there doing his world famous “super tune”!

Attached Files:

lake_harley, Okie Pete, winr and 20 others like this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I can say I knew him back when lol.

I believe @Ryan took that photo getting @Kevin Lee aka grimlock modified running.

I’ve always dug that photo, cool to see it pop up

3. Benno is one of the HAMBers I’d like to meet. Our lives seem to have run a parallel track, half a country apart.

4. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lol, that's our Bean.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy New Year Beaner...milestones...that's a bit of an FULL page HAMB honor without question...such a awesome publication RJ was...forever a great addition to bookshelves everywhere...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  6. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

Me, too. It's like listening to a song that brings back vivid memories or feelings.
    It's art :)

Joe

7. Beano is a dirty neck biker, I love him! :D HRP

8. pitman

pitman

9. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

And they said its a face only a mother could love. lol

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. Hope he remembers the little people.:D;)

11. raven

raven

I was there when he made that face. He got the old mill running and The Keven Lee got to take his virgin ride.
    r

Sancho, loudbang, Tim and 2 others like this.
  12. belair

belair

A man among men.

guthriesmith, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

After that I hope he got to take the car around the block lol

Stogy, lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  14. Will success and fame spoil the Beaner?

15. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a rare photo of the short haired version of Pork N Beaner. Also, uncredited in the photo is the right arm of HAMBer Blakmerk. I'm proud to say I knew them both before they were famous.

-Abone.

16. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Swoon....lol.
    Beaner is one of the good guys. I'd like to meet him in person and hang out with him.

Stogy, lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  17. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Neato'.........I guess I never realized it that my homemade 'air compressor' is in the background. That was a great day.

Chris

chryslerfan55, Stogy, Tim and 2 others like this.
  18. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

19. loudbang

loudbang

20. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

21. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I've seen that photo a number of times and never realized it was him! I'm so used to the long-haired version :)

Stogy, loudbang and Tim like this.
  22. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I honestly don’t think I knew it was him until one day he showed it to me and was telling the tale!

Sancho, Stogy, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  23. Austin kays

Austin kays

I can’t believe the man of the hour hasn’t poked in too say hi to his adoring fans!

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  24. That photo is just a snap shot in time from a damned good day. I have to say something about the boss ( @Ryan ) here. I have known him since the last century. He as always had a good eye for photography and is an Ace at capturing a moment, and not disturbing the time at hand.

I don't recall how many of us we there that day. The Pharos came down from St Jo (about 45 minutes or 30 minutes for them) me and @sodbuster and @raven from the metro and @Ryan of course. @Kevin Lee ( known as grimloc at the time) had built this whole car from pieces in his basement. We rolled it out into the sun and everyone got their hands on some part of it. brakes, fuel system, etc.

Me and Brad ( @Blakmerk ) were getting the heads together. Kevin had steel shim gaskets, someone produced a spray can of Copper Coat and by the time we got to the engine with the heads we were both sticky to the shoulders. We set the studs and then the heads. Brad was handing me head nuts and washers, my back was fighting me a little bit. Brad had just handed me a nut and I said, "All these damned rocker cover nuts, why does Ford use so goddamned many rocker cover bolts." I managed a big grin :D after that statement.

We did not have a working fuel pump, but we Gerry Rigged a fuel supply. Popped a condensor on first crank, Ryan produced a brandy new one from his jockey box. next crank it lit right off. Grimloc went from Grimloc to Grin :D loc in an instant.

That was a damned good day.

25. ya know I left out a pretty important people. @Kevin Lee 's buddy. I can never remember his name (which shames me some) a little dark haired dude. This guy is cool to the bone. I like him real well.

bff.jpg

26. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Late to the party here.

That dark haired dude? That's Casey. One of the best of the best since high school – I love him.

There was a lot about that day I'll never forget. And there are a few things I could have handled better. But I'm beyond thankful for all of it and the people who made it all come together. That car? It lives in Iowa to this day and is treated quite well. Owner says he'd never sell. But that particular flathead? Currently lives in my F1 and I'm still putting miles on it – it's actually about to become my daily again.

27. Ohhhh, my aching head, somebody get me a Budweiser. Lol

loudbang likes this.
  28. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

In the original post at the top it looks like flames coming out of the carb.

chryslerfan55 likes this.