Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Places to find parts

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by keithporter95, Jan 4, 2022.

1. keithporter95

keithporter95

I just recently acquired a 36 Plymouth coupe, looks for some places to get parts. I’m needing door glass and rear glass, as well as window regulators. Does anyone know a good source for parts, I’m not exactly sure what the regulators for a coupe look like. Or could I possibly make a Ford window regulator work. I’m in Na Georgia

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

3. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Door glass and rear glass is flat. If you make some templates out of Luan plywood, most any glass place that does auto glass can cut them for you.

4. It could be tough finding regulators for a Plymouth, not so much for Chebies or Fords. I know power windows aren't what you are looking for, but one of the aftermarket kits might be a place to inquire about them.

5. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

welcome,
    scan these pages, P M any mopar guys, they will know who has parts...
    you may need to post a handful of comments for the p m system to work...

keithporter95 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Is that Nu-Relics place (North Carolina?) still around?

7. It can't hurt to include your general location. You might be surprised how close someone might be that has just what you need. Fun looking Coupe. F75167FF-9AA0-4BBA-92B8-48237C0AAD5A.jpeg

8. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

chick on -
    [tips on removing a body... spillanewilly.. or something like that].
    39 plymouth project...
    also post the state you live in,
    some guy may be close, but might never contact you thinking you live away...

lothiandon1940 and keithporter95 like this.
  9. Might check with these guys for parts....
    https://www.srpmstreetrods.com/

Glass is a google search away, or get it cut locally as said. I have used window regs from 60's Ford PU's in other cars....they are simple to adapt.

10. squirrel

squirrel

You could just make some channels and put in some Lexan windows that are manually operated with a strap...and keep with the race car theme.

lothiandon1940 and alanp561 like this.
  11. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB and where are you in Georgia? I'm just south of Cleveland, TN and I know of a couple of places to look for parts around my location that you might find interesting. Wherever did you find the coupe? I like it. What else does it have in it other than the obvious Chevy?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

[​IMG]

It's an interesting car. It has a 1930s 3 Springer vibe. Also, it has that look of a late 50s-early 60s Jalopy class racer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Three Spinger kind of rough or primitive. Sometimes they were built on a Chassis turned around backwards.
    Trust me, we do not want to know what the chassis is as it may be off topic for the forum....
    With that said, it could be made into a really neat car.

Glass can be cut as an auto glass shop.
    Window regulator parts??
    It would be best to source these parts from a similar car, even if you have to travel a little.

lothiandon1940 and alanp561 like this.
  13. My first impression is of a 'hillclimber' rather than a 'circletrack'.
    What was the purpose of a "springer" frontend? I can imagine the weight is shifted back some which might not be what's wanted for inclines???.

14. Jokester

Jokester

It's all flat glass, so just make patterns and take them to any reputable glass shop.

If I were going to change to a different regulator, I think I'd go to something about 50 years or so newer. Nobody will ever see them, and the design might be much better. Years ago I put regulators from a 71 tempest into my 32 Chevy. Worked fine.

.bjb

Guy Patterson and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. gary macdonald

gary macdonald

A49A3CFF-F238-459B-8018-8BD7BAE917A1.jpeg Im just about to order glas for my 3 window chrysler from autoglassics on ebay .
    Ive used s-10 window regulators in many unavailable or rare coupe doors . Youll also need vent windows unless you go custom one piece glass .

Attached Files:

16. The best course of action might be to check the Plymouth section of the AACA forum, once you see someone parting out one, ask for everything else you need. You might set up an ebay search for 1936 Plymouth parts, again if you see a seller with a few parts, ask t see what else they have, also try you r local C-list and offer up.

Wanted Ads-98/100% time only catch scammers, also watchout for scammers on FB marketplace and IG.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. dwollam

dwollam

Other side of the country but I highly recommend Bobsclassicautoglass.com in Blachley Oregon. Shipping is no problem, very well spray foam packed.

Dave