Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 51 Chassis, Engine & transmission Value

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mtheobald, Jan 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtheobald

mtheobald

As part of my 1951 Chevrolet 3100 1/2 Short bed build, I've got the original chassis, engine transmission in rolling form. It was restored before I owned the vehicle and was in good running shape before I transferred the bed and body to a new chassis & Engine setup.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the valuation?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  2. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Specifically, what do you have? It seems to be a truck, but what kind?

3. BJR

BJR

A 51 what? Rolls Royce?

4. mtheobald

mtheobald

Ha...mistake on my part. Original post edited. 1951 Chevrolet 3100 1/2 Ton Short Bed

5. mtheobald

mtheobald

Dohhh....Original post edited. 1951 Chevrolet 3100 Truck 1/2 Ton Short Bed

6. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My suggestion is that you read the rules on posting, specifically in the " For Sale ". There are a lot of people such as yourself who come on here and the first thing they want to know is, " What's it worth?". My question to you would be, " What's it worth to you wherever you are?". If I'm reading your first post correctly, you swapped the body and bed over to a late model chassis and now, you've got a naked frame to dispose of. You can't seriously expect someone who might be interested in what you have to give you a value before seeing it. If you want to sell the chassis and running gear, read the rules to see how many posts you would have to have in order to sell it in the classifieds, fulfill that requirement and post your ad in the appropriate place along with the location and price. In this case, it would be Parts for Sale and pictures would be a great help.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On top of that you do realize that most likely you cut down the potential value of the truck by putting a worn out S 20 chassis under it. No matter how many tens of thousands you spend on it it is still viewed as a cheap build and maxes out I. The low 20's

8. twenty8

twenty8

What's it worth? Probably a lot more than whatever you replaced it with...................:rolleyes:

kidcampbell71, Just Gary and alanp561 like this.
  9. mtheobald

mtheobald

Fully aware, not an S chassis replacement.

10. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Post it in the classifieds for sale.

No fishing posts.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.