Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Install blinkers into existing driving light set up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Born 2 Loose, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Born 2 Loose

Born 2 Loose

First off.....Happy New Year gang. One mo' time !! I feel good about 2022.
    It's us, you and me that make America Great.

First problem of the year for me is trying to install blinkers into/onto my existing lights. I have a simple 8 wire lighting system in my '34 and the lighting system worked great, including the blinkers until the X frame cab was taken off to get to the trans. Had to replace the brass bushings in it because I listened to this yahoo online who suggested that I use a product call M34 or M35 in the trans. Can't remember which one I used but long story short, got about 5 miles and lost 1st and reverse. Turns out this product eats brass bushings !! Somebody stop this guy please. But that's another story.

Now I have my '34 back on the road but with no blinkers and I, and others, can't figure out how to incorporate the blinkers into an existing lighting system. Can anybody help me ? Thanks.

2. squirrel

squirrel

hi, it might help to get some details about your existing lighting system. We can guess...but then we'd be wrong....

what do you have for lights? Pictures are a bit help, too.

X38 and Hnstray like this.
  3. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

I am not making sense of this: If the blinkers worked before you removed the cab - you need to fix the wiring back to where it was.

EXIT: Jim is quicker - He lives a few miles closer to you...

X38 and Hnstray like this.
  4. Born 2 Loose

Born 2 Loose

Thanks for your reply, Yeah, I guess I made it confusing. I can't "fix" the wiring because the guys that took the cab off didn't mark the blinker wires as to where they go. I have an old Signal SAT 6 wire turn signal unit ( the kind with the up/down signal lever that mounts to the steering column) but no idea as to how to incorporate the 6 wire turn signal into my existing headlight system. Plus, I can't find another 6 wire Signal Stat set up or schematic to help me. Then, even having the schematic color code and the turn signal wiring in hand, how/where do I connect/incorporate the turn signal wiring into the existing lighting system and make the whole thing work ? The existing lighting is simple, headlights, park lights, brake lights, gauge lighting. I think its a GM type headlight configuration. No resistors needed in my opinion. No radio. No heater. No A/C. No heated steering wheel.....Nada. Music comes from 383 with 2 1/2" straight pipes........heat too.

5. TrailerTrashToo and squirrel like this.