Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Tv stand.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by iwanaflattie, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Finished my TV stand.
    received_323782472771453.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  2. Best looking television stand I have seen in a long time…well done!

3. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice !
    I see it has your signature split exhaust too....it's the small details

Stogy, 302GMC and loudbang like this.

4. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

With the split manifold it needs 3 carbs. Wish my wife would like this.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  5. I do have a ellis dual intake but didn't want to remove the fuel line.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  6. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Great looking just the way it is.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  7. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Wow that would free up some space in the garage but how in the hell am i going to get them in the house? I'd need to dissemble and resemble each one. It would be cool though...

8. I used a plate. 1/2 thick 2.5'x3' I used as a ramp.
    4x4 across the kitchen door opening and a come along.

9. I got to admit that is the coolest television stand I have ever seen. :)

but I am concerned that using a Fram oil filter you may have problems in the future. HRP

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  10. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I've got to admit a detailed sbf and a bbm would be so cool in my office. I might even use it for more than stashing parts.

11. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Pretty neat...........

12. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

You're either single, or have a much more understanding wife than myself....

13. das858

das858

Just showed your post to my wife and she said " don't get any ideas " !

14. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

I wish I had a picture of the desk 2 brothers in Columbus Ohio had back in the 80's. It was a Lamborghini Countach (sp?) V12 engine and transmission with a custom made stand and a half inch thick tempered glass top with their business name etched in it.

It inspired me to build a 327 Chevy coffee table because we were moving and I was told they would pay for all moving expenses except moving car parts. How else can you get a 327 moved for free?I have a picture somewhere, if I find it I'll post it.

elgringo71, Hnstray, cfmvw and 3 others like this.
  15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's awesome.
    I think it looks really good.
    You and @Moriarity and a few others here have some of the neatest furniture. LOL

Stogy and Moriarity like this.
  16. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

very cool! I once wanted to hang a vintage motorcycle from the ceiling in our high pitched family room-thought it would look cool up there--wife said not gonna happen but did allow an old horned cow skull and some vintage indian bead work to adorn the walls

loudbang, Hnstray, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  17. I was going to say its the safest use for a Fram oil filter.

hidez57, loudbang, Hnstray and 6 others like this.
  18. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Your home decor is an extension of your interests and personality, well done.

loudbang, Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Found the old Polaroid picture of the 327 coffee table partially taken apart after getting it to Ann Arbor. DSCN1303.JPG Not the best picture, it's all I have...

And now for the rest of the story as Paul Harvey used to say.

I was hired by the government (BOO, HISS HISS!) to undertake research in diesel emissions. The lady who was in charge of the move from their end asked for a list of our household stuff, and had informed me that they would pay for moving furniture, all household goods, clothing, yard stuff including mowers etc, garage stuff excluding car parts, and 2 cars (I had 3, figures right? ).

So I was going through our stuff with her, my mind racing as to how I was going to get a lot of car parts to Ann Arbor. While going room to room listing everything, it struck me that I had one option: the 327 needed to be furniture. Having seen that Lamborghini V12 desk, I figured why not a coffee table.

BTW it was less than a month before the move was happening. So I told the lady "oh, and one more coffee table ", her response was okay and....

I replied that it weighed 500 pounds give or take. It was made from an engine. 3 weeks later, it had been dissassembled, hot tanked, painted, reassembled enough to move, engine plates like a sprint car fabricated, and a lexan top made that allowed the ignition and Hilborns to stick thru as a center piece.

The rest went in trunks, tool boxes, spare dresser drawers, anything that would take the weight without busting apart. The poor movers busted their butts moving it, but they managed. And I had to drive my 72 Vette to Ann Arbor! Oh such a hardship!

20. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Oh, it was a 64 327-300 horse engine complete that had been given to me. I still have the heads, block and crank. I gave away the rest before moving to upstate New York in 1998.

21. belair

belair

You win, show-off.

Driver50x, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  22. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

I win what? The bad back award or the double hernia trophy? Have you ever moved a mostly complete engine coffee table by yourself? It's not a good thing to do...

Oh well, I've only myself to blame, and alcohol. Myself and alcohol and stupid youthful exuberance. But mostly alcohol.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Crazy Art I say...To Heck with Campbells Soup Cans...and my back is sore just imagining what you fellas did there...You sure as heck gotta seal them up and makem look pretty to get them in the living room thats for sure...and you did...

loudbang likes this.
  24. AHotRod

AHotRod

25. cfmvw

cfmvw

I remember in the Air Force there was a guy in the dorm who was building a SBC. Our first sergeant was a prick and wouldn't allow him to keep engine parts in his room. So he built a coffee table that slid over the engine block to hide it, and a friend let him put it in his room because the first sergeant never bothered the other guy.

williebill, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  26. I’m smiling at the pic, just showed my wife beside me and her comment was,
    “Must be single”.

27. IMG_20200330_135226.jpg
    Not single I got a great girl. We have a great relationship..
    I don't ask for permission.
    I explain why I'm going to do something and We either agree or find another way...

28. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

After 42 years of wedded bliss I can get away with a lot. I've got car and ship engine parts made into steampunk lamps in the house that SWMBO actually likes.

Another coffe table? Well, that's another story...

Maybe the basement man cave. She doesn't do stairs so the basement is all mine!

brEad, loudbang and Stogy like this.