Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods An engine builder in N.Y. - Gary, or Go Fast... ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steve hackel, Dec 30, 2021.

1. steve hackel

steve hackel

I am currently looking for someone to build my 8ba for a future 30 coupe installation.
    I remember talking with someone (him ?) a few years ago regarding my project, and
    then all this virus stuff was just starting up so I put things on hold. If you have a connection for him, or someone else that you would definitely recommend for rebuilding
    my engine, Many Thanks for any help, or any suggestions. Steve

2. Fordors

Fordors

I regret to have to tell you, Gary O. Sharkey passed away last January 29th.
    The last I heard his son was handling the affairs of the business but I have no idea if they are still in operation or it has been closed.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  3. leon bee

leon bee

Yes, a real loss.

4. steve hackel

steve hackel

A sad commentary, but at least I know now , so does anyone have any recommendations
    for a good builder for an 8ba? Thanks

5. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Look up Ronnie Roadster. He is in CT or MA. Often on Fordbarn Early V8 . Very accomplished. Performance orientated.

Oops just checked your location. Their is a shop much closer to you. His name escapes me Located in one of the large cities. someone here knows. ( starts with a G )

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    lothiandon1940 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  6. Fordors

Fordors

I don’t know why I didn’t think of this last night, but you might try Matt Werksman, Cotton, RIP, no doubt taught him everything he knew. Matt operates Fox Valley Hot Rods in Lake Barrington, IL.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  7. justpassinthru

justpassinthru

Bob Sweeney of FX Engines in Mokena IL built mine.

Bill

8. steve hackel

steve hackel

Thanks to everyone for the builders information, and I will check them out this coming week.