Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Period-Raced 1932 Ford Roadster with history

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tomcat11, Dec 29, 2021.

1. tomcat11

tomcat11

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
    mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  2. Mmm, the scta tag looks repro.
    Apart from that...
    I see the current bidder is that collector/resto/flipper guy from Canada.

mad mikey likes this.
  3. Squablow

Squablow

Clearly that SCTA tag isn't from the 40's, but I wonder if the SCTA re-issued it for the restoration or if it's just a replica someone had made? There's a couple minor details like that (and the fuel tank) that look a bit off but it's very minor stuff, overall it's a fantastic car. BaT doesn't seem like the best place to sell a hot rod like this, curious to see how far it gets bid.

mad mikey and Spooky like this.
  4. Spooky

Spooky

OH HOLY HELL!!!

5. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Wasn,t that car damaged in transport to Pebble Beach show?
    Maybe thats why the body was off and work was done.

6. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

7K tune up.... F' me... That's insane!

mad mikey and williebill like this.
  7. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Who puts an electric fan on something like that!?:confused:

8. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I'm with Hollywood, almost 7 grand for basically a tune up? Everything he had done could have been done in less than a day in most shops.

dearjose, mad mikey and williebill like this.
  9. banjorear

banjorear

Agreed. Is someone from Rodtech on here and can explain what else was involved in the bill? That's crazy!

Now, I fully admit this is nitpicking, but I'm also curious as to why they picked the repo version of the Edlebrock Super vs. a vintage one? The repop doesn't have the gen/fan mount cast in.

The originals are plentiful and cheap.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    mad mikey likes this.
  10. hipojoe

hipojoe

Thats a repop tag here is IMG_1063.JPG what they looked like from back in the day!

11. alchemy

alchemy

Isn't it wonderful how the Rod Tech place replaced the Lincoln distributor with electric, removed the generator for an alternator, and added an electric fan? Now the car is ready for the 21st century!

12. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

13. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

I'm looking at the description of the car and see it has only 54 miles on it since the rebuild. I also noticed that the 221 flathead has now been increased to 276 cubic inches. To me that looks like a lot of increase in displacement for a 221 flatty, and because of the overbore, I'm wondering if the car ran hot. I'm wondering as well if the addition of the electric fan, and modern ignition were simply steps taken to try and get the car back to normal operating temperatures.

Those square block dirt track tires on the rear would be almost impossible to find and the Weiand cheater heads are a nice touch. Really nice car!! I like it!!

mad mikey likes this.
  14. banjorear

banjorear

So I understand, someone bought this after PB and had Rodtech take off the original dizzy, fan, etc.? Does anyone know who the current owner of the car is?

So curious why anyone would change it from its PB state? Did it not run while at PB and was truly a "show car"?

15. tomcat11

tomcat11

So curious why anyone would change it from its PB state? Did it not run while at PB and was truly a "show car"?[/QUOTE]

The video at PB shows it is running but being towed. I think maybe it only had high gear? From what I can see the 7K tune up was mostly labor which included trouble shooting the ignition and cooling systems. They removed water pumps and removed rust and restrictions.

I would think the original ignition could have been restored. Original fan? This stuff needs to go back on the car. Seems modern street rod thinking with drivability in mind was used. I think this diminishes the car a little for sure.

Here's a brass tag for comparision.

Attached Files:

• iu.jpg
      iu.jpg
      File size:
      42.3 KB
      Views:
    mad mikey and lurker mick like this.
  16. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Here's the answer to the SCTA tag from restorer Mike Longley in the second shortcut (post #20) that I posted. @Squablow was on the right track in his post.

"Sorry for the delay. Some issues and sickness have delayed my update. The package came. It had a number of personal photographs and best of all: an SCTA timing tag! It is temporarily on loan for Pebble Beach. Thanks Ken! We are applying for a duplicate tag to permanently attach."

Squablow likes this.
  17. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For those of you who may be interested, the "B-A-T" auction listing mentions a Rodder's Journal feature. That article was "Resurrected Roadster" written by Ken Gross and it appeared in TRJ issue no. 51.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. hipojoe

hipojoe

Compare my Father in laws tags to his... Almost identical- Weird huh:confused: except I have my pops originals!

19. tomcat11

tomcat11

Sold For $101,000 and to a good home.

Just Gary likes this.
  20. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER