Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Lowering a T 8 inches without cutting anything.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by i like cars & stuff, Dec 29, 2021.

1. i like cars & stuff

i like cars & stuff
    from Aotearoa

To enable the reversing of modifications in only 1 weekend, it is required that nothing must be cut & welded, as is the custom of some people.

This challenged resulted in following a path that allows me to lower the car as much as 9 inches if less than 50mm travel is needed, or 8 or 7 inches as required, depending on whether the pre-1926 or post-1926 spring perch is used, and 'which way up' it is fixed.

placeCrossMember1.jpg placeCrossMember2.jpg placeCrossMember3.jpg

A handful of 1/4 inch rivet holes drilled in the lower edge of the frame might be the only drastic mod' required, and are easy enough to remove and fill with weld later.
    For pre-1926 axles with the smaller brake drums the plate would be fitted to the outside, much like an external accessory brake would be.

I trust you to use this to perfect your own works.

rusty valley likes this.
  2. adam401

adam401

Pretty neat I like it. I have to ask when would it be necessary to swap the car back in a weekend? Or ever?

3. i like cars & stuff

i like cars & stuff
    from Aotearoa

Sometimes i like to go back to stock. Normally for sand dune adventures. I've also made a car stock for one car show, changed it for another the next week, and changed it to near stock for a 3rd show the 3rd week. Back in the good old days.