Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Rest In Peace Dirty Old Man Dave

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GreenMtnBoy, Dec 27, 2021.

1. There was no holding back with Dave. From being out of condiments in Wendy’s, to proper machining with a 4-jaw chuck…he would let it fly! Gonna miss ya Dave.
    Here’s an old picture of Dave workin’ on his dirt car, way back. His son there, too.
    A7A2C6EA-4C4F-463D-8011-4B672D2BA0B0.jpeg

2. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

3. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Rest in Peace Dave. Everything comes full circle, He is with the Father of everything. He is throwing dirt and smiling now. Condolences to all his family and friends. Lippy

Joe Blow, Stogy, Irish Mike and 4 others like this.
  4. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More like a "Royal Flush", RIP Dave.

catdad49, Joe Blow, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  5. patterg2003

patterg2003

My condolences to his family and to all his friends here. Curmudgeon come to mind in a good way as he could tune someone up with his comments then turn 180 to help them. Just friendly bluster and banter. It was obvious under his crusty presence there is a good heart. It was never mean spirited driven but a his sense of humor that made me smile. His presence will certainly be missed.

catdad49, Joe Blow, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  6. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Great contributor to the HAMB.
    Rest easy Dave.......

7. Infectious shit-eating grin... That's what I remember. He always had the best of intentions with our club and each of the members. He would chew your ass but loved that you were there next to him. Hard to digest that he won't be at our next gathering. See you in the next go around!

Dog_Patch, catdad49, -Brent- and 8 others like this.
  8. Sad to hear this. Always enjoyed his posts. Been a tough year losing too many fellas and great contributors. RIP DOM.

catdad49, Joe Blow, Cosmo49 and 5 others like this.
  9. Budget36

Budget36

Damn shame. Reading many of the replies sure tells you about the type of man he was.
    He certainly left a quality mark on life.

Joe Blow, Cosmo49, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  10. Didn’t matter if I did something right or wrong/good or bad. Was almost like his way of saying hi

Dog_Patch, catdad49, -Brent- and 7 others like this.
  11. A lot of water under the bridge…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He had the roadster and wasn't a-feared to beat on it, and he also had a really nice '40 coupe that was treated maybe a little more nicely...

[​IMG]

As close to a "plaque ceremony" as we get. Here's your plaque...

[​IMG]

Dumb club name (that Dirty Ol' Man didn't like too much), but we've had some good times together...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That time I doodled DOM for the Run What Ya Brung poster...

[​IMG]

So long Dave, hammer down. See ya at the big end...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice, @Big A ... real nice.

catdad49, Joe Blow, Thor1 and 9 others like this.
  13. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never met the man but given the pics of his roadster he looks like my kind of guy! RIP sir!

catdad49, Joe Blow, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  14. I met Dave once. I cannot for the life of me tell you where. I used to be more mobile than I am now.
    I do recall that I was about 3 sheets in the wind and mentioning to him that I wished I was more sober and him telling me that he would not expect me to be any other way. He was not ugly about it. We chatted for quite a bit. I liked him well enough.

He no doubt cannot see this but someone can so let me offer my condolences to those people and may he roll in piece.

Dog_Patch, catdad49, -Brent- and 10 others like this.
  15. 61cb307ff3a82..jpg

Dave's obituary, David Franklin Castile, Jr., age 84 of Griffin, Georgia passed away on Sunday, December 26, 2021.

David was born in Griffin, Georgia on November 14, 1937. His mother and stepfather, Genette Van D’Elden and Grady Donaldson and his father, David Franklin Castile, Sr., precede him in death.

David retired from Northwest Airlines after 22 years of service and previously Ford Motor Plant after 20+ years as a machinist. David’s first job as a machinist was at a local machine shop that held a contract with NASA. David machined most of the parts that built the lunar buggy that still sits on the moon. David was a Scout Master for Troup 4 based out of the First Methodist Church for four years and helped influence the lives of many young men. David was active in the community and served on the Griffin Planning and Zoning board from 1990 until his death.

David was an avid race fan who raced successfully for many years in Zebulon and Senoia. He never lost his love for cars and often could be found drag racing his 1931 Ford Roadster at many nostalgic track events. He was an active member of the SF Car Club. He loved to give advice whether you liked it or not. He never minded giving you a chewing out if you needed it. David was also a member of the Griffin Gun Club and an avid supporter of the 2nd Amendment. He was also a member of the Moose Lodge where he enjoyed spending time with his friends.

David loved to travel and spent time in New Zealand, Thailand, and Costa Rica. He enjoyed his daily visit to Whitehead Performance to hang out with the local car guys-many of which were lifelong friends. He had a machine shop on North 9th street where he often repaired bicycles for the local children and kept many a football and basketball aired. David literally never met a stranger and will be greatly missed by his family and friends.

Survivors include son, Frank Castile (Mona); granddaughters, Heather, Gable of Mesa, AZ, Caitlyn (Chris) Vessell of Griffin, GA; great grandsons Julian and Jakson Dennis of Mesa, AZ; Great granddaughter, Madison Vessell of Griffin; sister, Susan Donaldson of Lenexa, VA; brother, Grady Donaldson of Lynchburg, GA; niece, Ali Donaldson of New York and nephew, Hank (Vanessa) Donaldson of Chicago, IL.

HRP.

16. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Now that's a pretty good epitath!

catdad49, Joe Blow, Budget36 and 5 others like this.
  17. V7

V7

I’m kinda a lurker here but I always read and enjoyed Dave’s posts . He will be missed .
    My condolences to his family and many friends .

18. Another pic of Handsome Dave in his Dirt Track days.
    90317A9B-299A-43FC-A316-E31DE372C852.jpeg

19. 26Troadster

26Troadster

20. Always enjoyed his posts. Sorry I didn’t get to know him. Condolences to his loved ones.

21. Always tough to lose a Brother. Dave was a good guy and I really enjoyed his posts. My deepest condolences to his family, friends and his club Brothers. He will be missed.
    Vaya con Dios Mr. Castile..........E

Joe Blow, Lil32, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  22. Toms Dogs

Toms Dogs
    from NJ

R.I.P. ___ David CASTILE :(

Joe Blow, Lil32, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  23. Oh i remmber him dirty old man, he used to make some good advice on my old threads.Bruce.Rest in peace my friend.

catdad49, Joe Blow, Lil32 and 3 others like this.
  24. RIP Dave

Joe Blow, Lil32, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  25. God Bless Dave and all his family.

26. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

For you local people... also, there is a tribute wall there on the page for those of you out of state, not sure how it works tho'.

DOM - Funeral Home post/details/obit, etc..

From the above link:

Visitation will be Saturday, January 8, 2022, from 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm at Conner-Westbury Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers, the family requests you consider a donation to the Boys Scouts of America or the American Cancer Society.

NOTE: In the paragraph there, it reads, 5-7pm, but down below that with the address and things, it reads 5-8pm, so I guess call to confirm if you plan to stop by.

Conner-Westbury Funeral Home

Tel: 770-227-2300

1891 W McIntosh Road
    Griffin, GA 30223

Google Maps Link

27. AHotRod

AHotRod

28. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

R.I.P.

Lil32, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  29. This hurt too bad to look through my old pictures but I'll try to do it now and upload what I find.

Dirt track in Senoia Ga 2010.

IMG_4712.JPG IMG_4715.JPG IMG_4720.JPG IMG_4722.JPG IMG_4736.JPG IMG_4756.JPG IMG_4761.JPG

427 sleeper, Lil32, Woogeroo and 6 others like this.