Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical wanting to sort of copy this truck

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by PhiltheThrill, Dec 28, 2021.

1. PhiltheThrill

PhiltheThrill

I like the stance of this truck and would like some help figuring out the frame/body mods. I can't find any other details on this truck online and figured that someone here might either know of the truck or be able to reverse engineer the channel and frame shortening ebay1004761.jpg .

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  3. I love that little truck! I visited Phoenix several years ago and stumbled upon it at a local cruise in and was smitten!

4. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.

The pickup looks like a neat project.

dana barlow and Stogy like this.

5. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

Look at the purple chariot post below

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, that is the extent of his more or less build or is that the done Thread, but as I said he did several Threads relating to items on the Truck...so search is your best friend on those...

The For Sale ad really mentions the numerous parts in the makeup...

I wonder if a Hamber picked it up?...

7. PhiltheThrill

PhiltheThrill

of course it’s on here. Argh. Thanks for the links. Have emailed Daniel for more info.

8. .....Excellent (and quick) detective work by @Stogy. :)

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You're welcome...lucky his emails there, he hasn't been on since 2015...Hope you get a hold of him...

Maybe you can use this as your Thread...;)

10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Looks like you'd have to be a shot fella to drive it.

11. twenty8

twenty8

This pic of the truck @tb33anda3rd is resurrecting shows that it is not necessarily the frame that is shortened. The look can be achieved by only shortening the box (albeit severely shortened in the case of the truck you show).
    [​IMG]

12. I would have shortened the box a little less. Tailgate should be behind the tires to balance the proportions a little better.
    Just my opinion.

13. twenty8

twenty8

14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That really highlights the situation...would've never imagined that...I guess with heavy load in the box there was a fair bit of stress on the frame with half the box on a beam but over air in a sense...​

dana barlow and tb33anda3rd like this.
  15. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amazing! It took @Stogy just 29 minutes to come up with those 2 threads (and it's not the first time either)... he must have ALL the threads on the HAMB committed to memory;)

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not at all...I'm no Rooman by any means...

My smart phone has google search for the image and the For Sale ad came up click copy paste and then search out D's profile...once in The Hamb...

That google feature used to be on my desktop, not any more...maybe its because I use Mozilla...

I just checked it out as I have Google Chrome on the desktop as well fired it up right click on pic and search google and D's Thread is there in the hits...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  17. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Stogy is quite the sleuth !

18. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry @Stogy , I ain't buying it. I much prefer thinking you have an Eidetic Memory.;)

19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cheers Mates...glad to be on board with Ya'll...;)

20. .......Jack, stop using those big words.:D

21. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm sorry Don...you are unerring. After giving your supplication much rumination, I have ascertained that my introspective musings (posts) should be less nuanced, or intellectually arduous.:eek::p.

22. ^^^Yeah, what you said^^^^:D;)

23. You know how much trouble I have with intellectually arduous!...:D

24. I am saving unnecessary brain strain for the new year. Sporty looking truck, wouldn’t haul many bales though.

dana barlow, hotrodjack33 and Stogy like this.
  25. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Yeah maybe. With the tilted forward cab either you have to have the seat back tilted the other way, shortening leg room, or sit hunched over. Great looking truck though, and I should talk..:)

bant.jpg

26. the box takes all most of the load, the weight is close to centered over the spring. maybe an engineer can speak into how the stress is transferred ? @squirrel

Stogy and dana barlow like this.
  27. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I kind of like most of the truck at top start of post,wounder what happened to it.
    If I owned it,would add at least a foot to bed an finish painting it shiny. Said it was sold,in those older post.
    One tip is; take note of upper radiator hose is humped up=So it is a high spot that traps air an steam an bad for cooling, something that should be avoided when building cars.
    Nice cool .

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    hotrodjack33, Stogy, Tman and 2 others like this.
  28. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

C2F5BC55-3074-4675-8FF1-3FEB44E4CE33.jpeg

Lacks the stance you're looking for. 6-1/2" cab extension and cut the stake bed down about a foot. 104" WB

29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I suppose common sense in loading putting most of the weight front to center helps distribute load on solid ground so to speak depending on what ones carrying...

I followed your Thread too...I guess I forgot that short run of frame that is present under A Pickups...Thinking beyond the Pickup even the Cars ran on the same frame with the subframe supporting the aft body...

I think that changed in 32 and beyond with frame rails extending further back for numerous reasons I suppose...

hotrodjack33 and dana barlow like this.