Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1935 3 Window Coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Glenn Ninow, Dec 28, 2021.

?
  1. yes

16 vote(s)
    94.1%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Glenn Ninow

Glenn Ninow

This is my first post to this message board, hopefully I'll be able to consume, share and contribute but, I'll probably be consuming well more than sharing and contributing since I'm a 70 year returning to the scene after selling my '35 5 Window in 1972 - a life long regret!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  2. raven

raven

I'd say that you're right on posting here and with that beautiful car. Do you have any more pictures of the car?
    r

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the Hamb Glenn and your game plan sounds Hotrod to me...I'm not a Flathead guru but there's plenty here that will help and confirm details...

You picked an awesome car to un OEM a bit...Look forward to your evolving Hotrod story mild or wild...bring it on...;)

4. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

5. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Damn ! I just fell in love again ! Beautiful car

6. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome. A lot of info in this place along with some characters! Good looking ride!

7. Jack Rice

Jack Rice
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice project Glenn! Love the 35 & 36 3 windows. While I'm not an expert you are in good company here.

8. phat rat

phat rat

9. j hansen

j hansen

10. alchemy

alchemy

The heads you want are for a 21 stud? And the 37 block has the bosses for the later pumps already? If so, then go for it. I prefer Strombergs, and have never messed with 94's.

What are you going to do for the 12 volt generator?

lothiandon1940, Glenn Ninow and Stogy like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Glenn Ninow, friendly observation for discussion, think this Coupe is a prime candidate for those amber bulb in headlight signal lights...otherwise this Coupe is ready for the Moonshine Cruise...The Jetsons weren't around in 41...
    For all I know Ford or aftermarket offered those way back in 39 dunno Art Deco was in Rockets were a dream and the Moon looked like cheese...:D

I'm not sure what others have done thinking about it now...

Are Amber bulbs in Headlight buckets an old ford option?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    loudbang, brady1929 and Glenn Ninow like this.
  12. Glenn Ninow

Glenn Ninow

I bought my Upgrade Package from VintageAutoGarage.com afer watching this guys video!

13. Glenn Ninow

Glenn Ninow

Yes, I have the headlights that allow for the Amber bulbs, I just have to pick up a set from the local performance car shop.

14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What are your thoughts...Did 36 fords have front signals?...I have lights that I think about sometimes as in need of change...

The worlds best collection of Hotrod 35 Coupes are a clic away here and you have one...There's some stories on the Dog on the hood too...:D

Any other mods you envision on this Coupe...Premium Custom material...down a bit with Skirts...its a Hop Up as soon as there's 2 carbs...Happy New Year...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    loudbang and Glenn Ninow like this.
  15. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

O my . It that one sweet ride. Enjoy Sir
    Stretch

16. Glenn Ninow

Glenn Ninow

What I know about the "dog" is; it's a greyhound and was a popular item in the day. The one on my car is 'vintage' and how one can tell, as I have learned, is the tail of the hound is not attached to the hind leg. Cheap reproduction of this Iconic ornament have the tail cast to the rear leg and can be had on eBay for under $200.
    Here is a cheap repop from eBay - [​IMG]

17. Squablow

Squablow

Great car, and I love the plans for it, although I don't have experience with some of those parts. I will say many people dislike the Holley 94 vs the Stromberg 97, although the 97 is a lot more expensive.

Turn signal lights could be fitted behind the horn grilles if they had to be, they'd be functional and totally hidden. Although behind the headlight glass would be good, too.

loudbang, lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  18. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

A pic of the top front 1/2 of the engine to the fan would help.

19. This icon at the top of the page will be useful. It's the search button for the site.
    [​IMG]

Several things you have mentioned have been covered a lot here, including the dog.;)

BTW, you've lucky to have the 3W!!!

Glenn Ninow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool. I regret selling my 36 5w too, but it was the right thing to do at the time. I sometimes wonder if I'll get another.

Chris

21. WOW, beautiful Coupe, @Glenn Ninow. Sounds like some great plans for the car and it appears that you are doing all of the due diligence in researching everything before getting knee deep into it. Best of luck going forward. What a great start...........Don.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
    loudbang, 40FORDPU, Jack Rice and 3 others like this.
  22. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stage 5 - a little lowering and or changing the stance some??? Maybe just by tires??

Stogy, Glenn Ninow and j hansen like this.
  23. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

Dam nice car you have , yes make it road safe and reliable and enjoy the car well done

loudbang, Stogy and Glenn Ninow like this.
  24. brady1929

brady1929

25. Fascinating, but sad story, Glenn. I've never been a hockey fan and I'm even less of one now.:rolleyes:

26. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That sure is a nice coupe. An excellent choice to help get a little restitution for yourself.
    Sorry you got wrangled out of your 5W.
    Glad you managed to get this 3W.
    Glad you're with us.

27. 2935ford

2935ford

Well, all I can say is that thing has to go..........to my garage that is!

Nice score and enjoy! :)

28. Nice car...welcome to the Hamb...it's a good place with a wealth of great hotrod knowledge and people willing to help and share. The fordbarn is also a great resource for flathead knowledge.

I suggest that you include your general location in your profile as it helps to locate others nearby that may be willing to help out should the need arise. There are quite a few in the southern mainland area of BC (and at least one on an island nearby ;)).

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  29. Fogger

Fogger

I bought my first car when I was 13 and it was a '35 5W. Had fun taking apart and back together. If it had been a 3W I would have kept it, but the original owner had painted it with house paint and a brush. This was back in '58. Your 3W is a beautiful old Ford and you will thoroughly enjoy making it you own. Best wishes. IMG_0106.jpg

30. Glenn Ninow

Glenn Ninow

I've taken your advice thanks, it would be great to make a HotRod community connection. I spent the past 50 years in the Harley community but, that's a completely different mindset and I do not know anyone from that community that is 'also' a car guy.

loudbang, lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.