Register now to get rid of these ads!

49-53 chevy patch panels.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jbirds51, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Jbirds51

Jbirds51
    from Sac ca

I dont know if this has been put up before but i thought id let everyone know what id found.Awesome replacement or upgade parts for 1949-54 chevy parts!
    http://www.nationalchevyassoc.com/
    Im getting all my replacement sheet metal there for less than 200 bucks!!

2. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Been getting parts from there for years.
    Good prices..

Spoons

3. newstranger

newstranger

I'm dying to know the quality of those replacement panels. How could they be so damn cheap??? Are they paper-thin or something? Everybody else that sells patch panels for these cars wants hundreds of dollars more...PER PANEL!!! Somebody please chime in! I have some soft areas on my '52 that I wanna to replace SOON! Thanks!

newstranger

4. I've definately spent several grand through there. Awesome place.

5. Jay...I ordered the my patch panels from NCA. You're welcome to take a look at 'em...just cruise by. The EMS panels are 10 times the price, so something's up. Looking at mine, I think they'll be fine...shit, you know how bad the spots are they're replacing! They're nothing fancy, though....could be made easily.

I'm still wondering about the difference too. If Aaron (50chevy) gets his from EMS before Billetproof, maybe I can talk him into bringing one.

Bryan

6. 50chevy

50chevy
    BANNED

EMS stuff is very nice.

I saw some shoebox panels, quality was great so I ordered the EMS tailpain and rear trunk section for my 50 fleetline.

Should be here by end of week.

Will post about how well it fit quality etc.

I hope you see it welded on my car by billetproof. :)

7. Oh yeah, weld 'em up good 'cause if they're that nice, I'm bringing my sawzall! :D:D

Bryan

8. screwtheman

screwtheman

I've welded in those patch panels from NCA and they're about the same gauge (if not identical) to the original steel. Good stuff!

9. Jbirds51

Jbirds51
    from Sac ca

thanks man...Ill roll thru and check those out!

10. demodemon74

demodemon74

I checked out the prices and there great. Also found another site called www.bobsclassicchevy.com I didnt think that there prices were to bad either. Check it out and se what you think. Jake

11. gsheppard

gsheppard
    from colorado

Check Mill Supply, their floor pans are about $50 less than NCA, and look good. Also have the 4 body braces for each side, etc.

12. ems customer service

ems customer service

thanks to all the guys who have bought from us, we are gratefull!

a lot you have heard this rant before, sorry if anyone is bored with it, but sometimes i gotta be a broken record like the old lady.

national chevy association and mill supply both sell ems automotive panels and the cheaper stuff. why they sell the cheap stuff ? the old sales trick --advertising price leader.

we have had the discussion before about so called "i got a deal" purchases

but ems is to expensive and i think i can get almost the same for a lot less. lets go through our garages and look at all the deals in the attic , in the corner.

1> ems parts are branded with our name who are the other guys?? why are they afraid to identify themselves??

2< you can find us on the hamb, at shows, via telephone praise us or yell at us we answer the phone
    got the phone for the other guys???

3 technical problem we here, can you get a tech guy at the cheap place?? how many other so called suppliers keep up a engineering dept that you can access??

4 we support the hamb, tech week prizes and more, we support the goodguys prize giveaway at each show
    were are the other guys??

5 how come they do not put there name and phone number on there parts??????????

6 we manufacture in the usa with real craftsmen you have seen our posts of our equipment

7. go to our web site (www.emsautomotive.com) and you can see a large photo of the part not a postage stamp size, why? we want you to see what your going to get. i do know that national chevy has some web site issues from a server crash and that they are trying to correct a little every day.

13. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

I called Hemmings looking for some metal for our 53 150 & discovered c2cfabrications makes many of the panels sold through Some 49-54 suppliers. I Bought rockers , front floors, trunk pan 1/2's, both lower quarters, direct & saved a fortune ! Oem thick gauged 100% USA fit awesome. c2cfabrication.com I have also used nat chevy assoc, bobs classic chevy & ecklers too. All good to deal with. If they'd told me about EMS I'd sure been checking them out too! No substitute for USA quality made products. Good to know , I'll be looking at their offerings for my next project.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  14. deto

deto

their web page says they don't offer parts for 59-54 chevy's. how long ago did you buy from them?

15. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

About 1-1/2 years ago their trunk floors n lower rear quarters weren't listed then either but were easy to get by phone. Flux.
    I just googled it n type in strictly year in search box n you see the stuff a few pages in. Flux

16. ems customer service

ems customer service

17. ems customer service

ems customer service

Attached Files:

18. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

19. gsheppard

gsheppard
    from colorado

My experience with EMS wasn't great, but maybe they've improved. I got a tail panel for my 38 Ford Deluxe coupe, and the decklid opening was way off, couldn't close the lid. Had to cut the old upper part off and weld it in so the Lid would close. Other than that, a decent fit. Will but Mill Supply for my 54 Sedan Delivery.