Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Awesome car events - I know you're out there.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lc1963, Dec 11, 2021.

1. lc1963

lc1963
    from iowa

I am needing help from all those out in Hambland. I road trip on a regular basis for the last 8 years. Road trips last anywhere from 1 week to as much as 35 days. I am looking for those car shows across the country that are maybe 300 on up. I have done some of the Goodguys and NSRA shows as well as back to the 50s. I am looking for the local but larger shows and cruise nights across the nation that do not get national attention but still an awesome event. The month of the event and possibly a web link if available would help also. This summer, I will be traveling to Iola, Holley Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green, Corvette Museum, Lane Auto Museum and the last Meltdown. Last year was the Gilmore, Ford Museums and over to the Syracuse Nationals. I hope this will help others that like getting out and exploring new territory. Thanks again for all your help. Looking forward to getting out, seeing new scenery and meeting new people.

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The last meltdown has been canceled

3. lc1963

lc1963
    from iowa

Disappointed
    Thanks for the update

4. Bowling Green is my favorite in Kentucky. June 16-18th. Boonesborough "boogie nationals" is a good show. I'll have to check on the dates this year, but it's in the fall.

mad mikey and lc1963 like this.

5. We got hit really hard overnight with what's being called a historical string of tornadoes. On the ground for 250 miles. From what I'm told, the Corvette museum suffered damage, but that's just what I was told.

6. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Back before I got lazy, I would go to an awesome little event called "Lou's Cruise" based in Keokuk.

7. lc1963

lc1963
    from iowa

sorry to hear - hope all are safe

8. lc1963

lc1963
    from iowa

It was a lot of fun
    May have to resurrect in the future.

9. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

0.02.jpg 0.03.jpg If you're going to the Syracuse Nationals, checkout the Triple Cities Street Rod's "Cars in the Park" show. We are the weekend (July 10) right before Syracuse, and are about an hour and a half south of Syracuse in Owego NY.
    We avg 350+ cars and have a flea market, chinese auction, 50/50, kids games, food, give-aways, awards, dash plaques etc....AND this year will be the Triple Cities Street Rods 50th anniversary, so we have some special things planned:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    lothiandon1940, mad mikey and lc1963 like this.
  10. lc1963

lc1963
    from iowa

D
    sounds like what I'm looking for, thanks

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  11. Four hundred miles (plus ?) from Iowa to Salina, Kansas.

Lead Sled.PNG

das858 likes this.
  12. OR, do not do a car show. See the AWESOME Speedway Museum! (in Lincoln, Nebraska)

Link --- https://www.museumofamericanspeed.com/about.html

Go ahead, browse around in the above web site. At least take the time and look at it thru the internet web site. :) :rolleyes:

13. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

14. WILLYS_POSTCARD_2022 .jpg SPEEDSPORT_HOTRODARAMA_POSTCARD.jpg willys coupe postcard.jpg View attachment 5272523 View attachment 5272523 May I suggest an event that will meet your needs. Hotrod-a-rama Northwest! Guaranteed to satisfy all your traditional hotrod needs. July 28th - 31st 2022 Pendleton, Oregon. The weekend before Bonneville Speedweek. New website to launch soon. www.hotrod-a-rama.com Come and get some!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  15. Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  16. Hellfish

Hellfish

Being from Iowa I'm sure you're already aware of the Iron Invasion, Vintage Torque Fest and (the last) Retro Rewind (next week, I think) all in/near Dubuque.

mad mikey likes this.
  17. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love to have you come and enjoy our show:D...a couple of other HAMBers show up every year too:D.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  18. Always liked to recommend the Indy Road Rockets Rumble, but sadly they lost their motel and display grounds a few years ago. So my favorite show in the last few years has become the Newport Hill Climb.
    :)

https://www.newporthillclimb.com/

If you're looking more for a midwestern event then find your way to Newport, Indiana Sept. 30 to Oct. 2. It's a great mash-up of all sorts of vintage cars, trucks and motocycles plus swap meet and food vendors. And of course there's the hill climbing events, including some HAMBers. This little town is packed wall to wall for the weekend.

More info and pics at the links below.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/50th-newport-hill-climb-sept-29-oct-1-2017.1079493/

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/2014-newport-hill-climb-pics.946005/
    :cool:

19. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

20. Bonneville Speedweek in August is a must see

curbspeed and mad mikey like this.
  21. 32fenderless

32fenderless

The Early Tin Dusters club of Quincy Illinois put on a great show mid October. It’s a weekend long event. A pre ‘48 event. The same weekend mark twain says are being held in Hannibal Mo. a great little distraction from the show where you can eat and drink from one end of town to the other while taking in music and artists.

22. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

Cruisn’ the Coast along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. A week long event for cars 1989 and older to register that draws 9,000 or so registered cars and maybe half again as much for cars that just show up. All types of cars from traditional, street rod, customs, muscle cars, antique and you name with what else. Five venues along a 20 mile stretch of Gulf of Mexico beaches. Lots of cruising, swap meet, auto auction, auto cross, and other events. Lots of people and traffic and maybe not everyone’s cup of tea. Last year was 25th anniversary and I have gone to all but a few and always have fun. Here is website https://cruisinthecoast.com/

Bbdakota likes this.